1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rival Execs Want NBA To Intervene On James Harden Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Milos

Milos Member

Everyone keeps pointing to Kawhi & AD ... In the end, both schemes worked out for the star holdout

Both got their ring, got paid, and they ended up in their dream spot LA

Kyrie tried but couldn't pull it off in BOS so has now moved on to try in BKN w KD
    PG13 had to wait a year and didn't get his ring yet
    Butler nearly got his last year

All ended up getting full MAX on a contender in premium market
    Expect Harden to ultimately get what he wants, one way or another

Just gotta hope Stone is up to the task of extracting max value from a very under-leveraged situation

seclusion, hajkov and slothy420 like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I think the idea that you are going to tell megamillionaires that they must shelter in place outside of business hours above and beyond what the law requires is absurd

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Of eligible voters which are the demographic most likely to be purchasing NBA products.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Its not absurd because they can't run the league if every other day a team gets Covid and they have to cancel games. There's billions of dollars at stake here

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

No but I was responding to the statement that Harden was upset with Tilman because he supported Trump with the reply that a good chunk of his fan based potentially also supported Trump. My point was that it probably isn't wise to base your decision of if you want to play for a team based on the which candidate the owner supports. I mean the man can poop on his house floor and spread it all over his walls if he wants, he is free to his own viewpoints. Having the freedom to certain viewpoints doesn't make those viewpoints wise. I can try to explain farther if you are struggling to grasp the point I was trying to make.

csj likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

46.9% actually was all he could get against Biden’s animated corpse. It’s the best you can do when you’re absolute horrible human being. Biden has 51.3%

DaDakota likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rival execs need to start working on their own trade deals for the Beard

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Weird. I went to check out where he supported the Proud Boys and I found nothing. Only thing I found is CNN videos of him saying stand down and stand by. It would like me interrupting Biden saying that if you "don't vote for him then you aren't black", him saying "that the Latino community is diverse, unlike the African American community" or him telling the troops to "clap you stupid bastards" as racist or offensive. Never the less, if you can give me something were Trump was supportive of the Proud Boys I would love to see it.

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It was that exactly. Why did he tell them to stand by? The moderator asked him to speak out against these people and his words are stand by? Really strange to me. But it's more than that.

After everyone of these killings, he not once got up to address public to condemn the police. Does it matter even if these people were criminals? Aren't they still Humans, regardless of what they did. What happened to them was still completely wrong and unnecessary.

I never thought he was the reason we have so much social injustice, but he doesn't help the cause at all. And that's a big problem considering the amount of power he has. Honestly a lot of times he throws more fuel on the fire.

10. csj

csj Member

Is it any more absurd than telling them that they cannot take certain over the counter drugs? They already accept these kinds of restrictions AND the submit to enforcement.

11. csj

csj Member

Weird. In a post about Trump's racism your takeaway was "support for the proud boys", as if disputing that would sufficient to counter claims of racism. Also, the quote was "stand back and stand by", not "stand down" which Trump couldn't possibly bring himself to say.

Does Trump support Proud Boys? Of course not, Trump supports no one ever, it's all about the grift.

DreamQuake likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

****. Now is when the ghost of David Stern steps in and forces us to trade Harden and sign Pau Gasol, because of "basketball reasons."

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

It's a matter of degree, and what he contractually agreed to.

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I mean, when I don’t like a job I can quit. He can’t. So I don’t blame him. Blame the owner

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Interesting that you find it interesting that I simply used the one example that you stated as my takeaway. If you used another example do you think I would have then focused my attention on that instead, of course. I think its natural when someone presents you with an example of their claim that their focus is on that said example.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Technically he can quit. But yes, you should blame him for signing a contract that he doesn't want to commit to. He signed the contract because he is very well compensated. He could have signed a 2 year extension but the record setting contract at the time swayed him to sign it. Harden at the time of signing the contract had almost as much power over his future as Lebron does. Lebron negotiates contracts and commits to them. Even though he got to the finals a lot with Cleveland we can agree for the last few years that was a terrible situation but he honored his contract.

I am not saying the owner has no blame to be had for other things but James Harden's contract is on him.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They mean Morey wants league to intervene.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I’ll keep struggling in isolation, thankew. Is there a sarcasm emoji, tho, for posts like mine?

19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Not going to lie, I have no idea what you just said....
    If I offended you in any kind of way, don't be, I don't know you and you don't know me.

20. bmd

bmd Member

So the **** what? My god, people just need to grow up and realize not everyone shares your world view. That doesn’t make anyone from either side a bad person. There’s politically liberal owners, and there’s politically conservative owners. So what.

And I think that applies to many people here. I remember a time on this forum when people here were happy that a real Houston guy bought the team. Y’all loved Tilman. Then all of a sudden it came out that he was a Trump supporter and the tone here on Tilman immediately switched. He immediately became a villain.

For me personally, the jury is still out on Tilman as an owner. But it has nothing to do with his politics.

CircaSurvive and Two Sandwiches like this.