1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still support Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 8, 2020.

?

Do you still support Harden?

Poll closed Dec 15, 2020.
  1. Yes - It’s Tilman’s fault and James deserves better

55 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. No - There’s no excuse for not showing up

175 vote(s)
    76.1%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Nah. At this point, he's holding the franchise, this city and it's fans hostage. He was involved in destroying our contender and we did to please him and bring in his boy at a huge cost to our future. Now, he is ruining his own value and with it's plummet, our franchise future looks worse than ever without near equal return, but he wants everyone to bend over for him and send him somewhere he can be happy all while being immature and irresponsible out there.
    Hold out. Let him sit and be fined until we find a trade package that benefits OUR franchise and not Harden. If he's got to sit 2 years, make him. I'd rather let him walk than get that Nets package or Morey's no Embiid or Simmons package and see Harden in a Finals with snake KD/Dantoni or snake Morey.
    Got my fingers crossed the sneakiest snake-Ainge jumps in.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

When Harden supports the team, I will support him,

DaDakota and hajkov like this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Yes ofc. He's played his ass off for the past 8 years and people are just throwing that all out the window because he missed a couple days of training camp? Pretty sh*tty reaction if you ask me.

hajkov likes this.
  4. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

This is exactly my point on the "Harden drama".
    Harden is the only loser of all this: more media backslash (which we know he resents it), and losing the support of the only fans who likes him.

Sure the next team he goes will also love him...
    However, superstars that switched teams through their career usually get love, not the hate.

5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

That will be the defining moment for me. Whether he will still work his ass off after all this unnecessary drama.

6. malakas

malakas Member

James Harden took a giant dump on the Rockets fans who have supported him for 8 years.

He humiliated the fanbase and treated us like ****.

I will happily root AGAINST him when we ship him off.

T for 3, ashleyem and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Would be funny if Tillman straight up didn't pay Harden for breach of contract. Nobody is watching basketball... nor are they buying basketball merchandise.

8. macan

macan Member

depends, if he's still wearing Rockets uniform when season start, then yes I'm still supporting Harden.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the real question is whether @swedish-olajuwon ’s 9 year old brother still supports Harden. Obviously the Swedish adolescent Rockets fan litmus test should tell us an awful lot about how the 2020-2021season will shake out

Williamson likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden haha and bull me. No longer a fan OK GUY?!

#90 J.R., Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    ashleyem, RasaqBoi and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

WTF. Harden literally has his mommy out there defending his right to break his word to the team and the fans.

He did not just miss a couple of days of training camp. He didn't just make a trade request. Instead he is literally saying his word and honor are meaningless. His mom should teach him how to be a decent honorable person who gives his word and keeps it. This concept is fundamental to society.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Harden is the best scorer in the NBA and so far he is a member of the Houston Rockets Team for 2000 - 2021

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think the issue is (as it has always been) his aloof entitled demeanor...

Fans of this team have supported this fool through umpteen various issues - Khloe, McFail, No defense, GSW meltdown, SAS meltdown, etc...

Even if he has issues with mgmt and wants out... he should still let his fans know whats up... not relying on Wall or his momma or whoever to speak for him...

Dude is an immature diva. Morey coddled him, MDA wouldnt hold him accountable at all, he's a millionaire... so of course he feels he can do whatever he wants...
    As James said earlier... "Those that mind - dont matter and those that matter dont mind."

Personally, I think we were all shielded from his diva behavior bc DM kept a tight lid on it all...

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

**** no. Shannon has a point

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Done. He can carry us to the 1st seed and I wouldn’t care. I’ll root for 14 players and a few coaches. Tillman and Harden, who?

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is how m delusional our fans are. You must not respect yourself or this team, we demand a bare minimum for 40 mil a year. Apparently that isn’t even worth adhering to the conditions of the said 40 mil contract.

pitiful

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Should of kept Russ, might be dumber than a bag of rocks but he's loyal AF and would die on the floor.

18. JazzLakerHater

My take is this: if he wants a trade, that’s fine. He can have that discussion behind private doors with the organization. But as long as he is with the team, he needs to show up to camp. Period.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He literally refused to show up to camp.

He was a huge problem for this team all year.

DVauthrin and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Loyal? He wasn’t going to show up for camp