1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Tilman is why we will never be a contender.

Deuce, BallaDoc and HP3 like this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Has there been any indication the Morey wants Harden? My gut feeling is Morey would rather not build around Harden and try a new method. I would assume he has ideas he has been kicking around in his head for the last few years.

4. macan

macan Member

let's get 4 first round picks and call it a day

5. Fefo

Fefo Member

Great job Firtita. You bought the team and 2 years later everybody left. Its not a coincidence that morey left, he knew that james and Russ wanted out.
    The best we are getting is Ben simmons guys, and lets hope he is on the table. Theres no other young stars available that will make any sense. The brooklin deal is terrible, and we should stay very far away from it.
    Somebody said Brandon ingram, he is waaay worst than Simmons. If you build the right team around him, Simmons could be awesome, he is 24, and he is an all nba defense player already.
    Harris has the worst contract in the league, stay away from him too.

6. Ranny

Ranny Member

Lets trade him to the Knicks for the rights of that Sergio Llull kid, I hear he is pretty good.

hajkov likes this.
  7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Harden is open to being traded to contenders?

That's great. If we need to trade you, we can trade you wherever the heck we want to.

8. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

hahaha name a player over 30 that has recovered from torn Achilles fully lol

9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

His list of contenders is probably ; Philly, both LA teams, Miami,......Realisticly the only team that meets that barometer is Philly. It’s always been Philly, I don’t care what woj reports from Morey, I still contend that Simmons is gonna be gone for harden.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Morey just liked this tweet

Vivi likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this

Ranny likes this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I started a thread in 2015!! Saying Hardens personality is not a winner’s. So yea, he gets a lot of blame here too.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

This is bogus. If Fertitta has even said this, it’s very likely just to increase his leverage and public perception.

if we opt for the Philly deal, it will be for simmons and a mountain of assets.

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

100% Harden is not a personnel expert. Tilman never should have listened to him That’s his fault. He should have told him he isn’t the GM.

but I think if the owner would have invested more with CP3 and knew how to manage ppl then they would have won a chip by now and things would be different.

HP3 likes this.
  15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Should've traded him before the draft. All of this headache could have been avoided. Fertita and Stone have been very good so far except for handling the Harden situation. Now the franchise is clouded with rumors when they should be getting ready for the season.

16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Problem with this logic is that if you are leaning into it that means the Nets shouldn't be a contender either, which is his preferred destination.

HP3 likes this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

again...posturing. Morey has probably called at least 30 times.

BMoney and Boston84 like this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I agree. Didn’t Morey say he wasn’t gonna trade cp3 and then like 2 days later he traded for Russ? I know he wasn’t 100% behind that but still

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

And Washington wasn’t going to trade Wall - directly from the mouth of their GM less than a week before he was traded.

I don’t know what people expect GMs to do. “Yes. We totally want Harden. We are offering everything for him. Houston, please...we will do anything.”

20. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

The nets don’t play in the loaded west genius