1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

Well Harden is in Houston finally.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

HandmadeFamiliarIzuthrush-size_restricted.gif

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is he just messing with people?

4. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I don't see why Morey wouldn't be jumping at swapping Simmons + picks for Harden. If I am Rockets, I push for Thybulle too. Don't know much about him but would be smart of Stone to try and pry some role players with upside in the trade similar to how the Clippers got Harrell as a "throw in" in the Chris Paul trade. We all know Morey puts tons of value in starts and doesn't really focus on role players as much. Back to my original point, Morey is obsesses with Harden and would not hesitate to trade for Harden assuming Harden will sign some sort of extension in Philly. Wouldn't be surprised if Morey tried to pry away Tucker too in any Harden trade as both Harden and Tucker would fit in pretty well with Embiid IMO. Simmons + Embiid has mostly proven not to work so I would be surprised if Morey is really hanging his hat on continuing to try that when he can get the best scorer on the universe who he is extremely fond of.

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets would be smarter to just hold Harden for the final two years of his contract and get the cap space than accept a trade not including Simmons or Embiid from the Sixers.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Because it’s not about contending despite the reports.

He just doesn’t want to be here anymore. He just doesn’t want to go to a team like the Magic or something.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I also love the "his list of destinations" - does it really matter? I mean I don't think he has a no trade clause, right?

So say... Houston finds a trade that's not on his list and Harden fails to report - yeah, that's really going to increase his brand/marketing... I'm thinking he needs an agent, but it's probably too late to save face, because his agent wouldn't want him to be catching flack like this.

8. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

slithered over to the Sixers board, and see them concocting trade scenarios where they keep both Simmons and Embiid

-_-

I need a drink...

Deuce, TriumVirate, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Harden HAD to report at some point. His reporting means nothing. If he doesn't show up, he stays under contract.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You might say the same thing about Chris Paul throughout his career. Those are players I love on my team. But that's not a 1-man workhorse like a Harden or Lebron. Morey knows Harden's value is as high as any other single player not named Lebron.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This is where houston needs diamond hands... Haha, oh wait we're not in the stock trading thread.. But seriously - houston needs to just wait it out for the best deal - if not this team is set way back

bballjunkie and Plowman like this.
  13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

It is no secret that Morey would move heaven and earth to get his first love, Harden, back on his team. I am sure Stone knows this and will hold firm. If not, he is an idiot but I don't think that is the case.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

WTF

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Ranny

Ranny Member

Good! Now send him to the Vipers.

CCity Zero and hajkov like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

AP - BREAKING NEWS

The Houston Rockets have traded super star James Harden to the Beijing Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association. In exchange for the the four time NBA scoring champion, the Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta will have $700,000,000 of his debt bought by the Jinyu Construction Corporation and it will be excused. Rockets head coach Stephen Silas is quoted as saying "What the hell is going on, this isn't the job I interviewed for.", however Rockets owner and Landry's CEO struck a more positive vibe, noting "This trade will allow me to buy all the TGIF Restaurants in the North American market, pay off some debt and will keep us under the luxury tax. It is a win win for us." The Associated Press has attempted to reach out to James Harden to get his opinion on the trade but he did not return calls. His latest Instagram message from last night at 5:00 AM showed Harden was in a Colombian brothel with Logan Paul and former NBA player Rod Strickland.

18. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

How when your second best player (Wall) return from major injury. Your third best player (Gordon) been sucking. Your best young prospect (Wood) still too early to tell. Cousins, who knows how long he can play. And a rookie head coach and GM.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I just figured it'd last longer than this at this point

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yep, we done flushing our future down the toilet for this piece of sh*t of a human being.... getting his momma involved in this too?!