1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So many similarities.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 8, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Really? Frankly that post was puzzling to me. Dude somehow is able to judge the iq and happiness of different basketball players and form an informed opinion on the matter.

Perhaps if he knows them personally or if the subject matter of their intelligence and happiness have been thoroughly explored in different media...

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

3. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

LA booed the **** out of Kobe. He had to win us back

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

People legit so turned around about Harden saying he's had enough of Tillman's **** that they are in here saying Kobe Bryant never had an unprofessional moment in his career.

lol

FatSeagal likes this.
  5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

In my quote:
    "Kobe would never show this kind of unprofessionalism."
    please tell me exactly how does this sentence excludes Kobe of having any moment of unprofessionalism?

It is not that hard to understand a 8-word sentence, is it?

As far as I hate Tillman being the owner of the team, yes, it is all on Harden. It is not "turning on him".
    Unless you mean that for me not to "turn on" somebody I have to put up with all his own ****?

He is being paid. He is the one not going to work while publicly going to parties.

6. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Going on ESPN and badmouthing your employer into trading you (or ultimately acquiescing and fixing the roster) is absolutely as unprofessional as all hell. Harden isn't even doing that. How is Harden just being silent worse than publicly shaming your employer???

I'm saying that Harden, through action, has made the statement of not being okay with the way Tillman is running the team. The way people have reacted to this, people who have spent the last 3 seasons dog cursing Tillman for being cheap are suddenly DEFENDING TILLMAN because mean old Harden said he's had enough. It's called victim blaming.

BuT hE's GeTtInG pAiD I swear to god nothing has plagued the world with more bullshit opinions than modern day athlete's salaries. He gets paid a lot, so it's ok to have a boss actively ruining your career. He gets paid a lot, so he should just do what he's told.

Seriously don't come after me, your opinion is silly as ****. Just take the L. Kobe Bryant was unprofessional more than once.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harden could be carried to 5 championships too if he was put on the right completely stacked teams where he was arguably never the best player on any of those squads.

The "ringz" argument has always been simple minded.

8. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

You are overestimating your importance by thinking i need to convince you of something. LOL.
    Just telling you not to put words into people's mouth, or advising to get some text interpretation lessons.

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I'm calling the ones you offered stupid and incorrect. Interpret that.

Nothing to back up your opinion about Kobe Bryant's professionalism huh? Neat.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yep. Kobe is a winner - like MJ.

WiltTheStilt13 likes this.
  11. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

I guess I should have been more specific. I was referring to the paragraph where he mentions Duncan seemingly trying to make other people happy & Gerald appearing to do whatever he wants to do. I dont follow NBA players personal lives like that so im not going to pretend to know if he is right or wrong about the statements he made regarding those specific players. I was speaking from my own personal life experience. I spent much if my 20s & early 30s trying to meet other people's expectations & make other people happy. Usually that resulted in me not being happy & those relationships ultimately failed due to my unhappiness. Now I tend to focus more on my needs & desires 1st, which results in me being much happier with myself. If that happens to strengthen my relationship with others then great, if not they are free to kick rocks.

blahblehblah likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

Us? This a rockets board lol

13. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

The intangibles just are not there.