1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. opticon

opticon Member

Harden is lowering his value on purpose. After a few weeks the Brooklyn deal is going to start looking less gross.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They would never do that. They wouldn't do Murray for Harden, much less Murray+MPJ for Harden.

csc177 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Enough to give up SGA and multiple picks? Absolutely not. That roster has been stripped down to the bare minimum.

4. ReturnOfTheMac

I feel like we’re more of a contender than Philly is. My guess is harden doesn’t trust Stone and wants to be with Morey.

5. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

ElPigto likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, that would never look good. The better option would be to have Harden sit out the entire season.

In fact, forcing Harden to sit out 2 of the final years of his prime is kind of what I'm pulling for at this point. Let the Rockets go into rebuild, but rob Harden of 2 years of his life, it's the harshest thing you could do to a player in response to the harshest thing a player can do to a franchise.

He'll get money anywhere he goes, but he can never get 2 years of his prime back.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not if they have any common sense.

A mediocre assortment of supporting players and late first round picks will always be on the table for Harden. Wait his ass out if nobody is willing to pony up true value.

Rockets Rule, DVauthrin and RudyTBag like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just a guess on my part, but a team like Philadelphia (Morey) would want Harden’s agreement on an extension in order to consummate a trade. Heck, after this melodrama, any reasonably run team would want a two year extension, in my opinion. Who would want to go through this again next year, when a team will have to get James to sign an extension or trade him?

joshuaao, saleem and Patience like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Exactly, I actually would’ve rejoiced before but now I’ll be ecstatic once he’s traded. Finally watchable basketball!!

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Nobody is giving up the assets the rockets want for a guy who will not resign there

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

6 or 7 picks isn’t even possible

Harden’s value only decreases with time as he gains more leverage

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If we move Harden, I expect us to move Tucker almost immediately. Tucker is disgruntled, BFFs with Harden, and aging and doesn't fit a re-tooling team.

Flip Harden and Tucker for top value and picks, and let's supplement our Cousins-Wood-House-Gordon-Wall lineup and go 9 deep. If nothing else it will be a throwback to the old Scola, Martin, Dragic era Rockets, and that was still watchable and enjoyable. Let Stone and Silas take their shot at a new era.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Some of you guys are talking about Jamal Murray like he's a star lol, dude is a poor man Irving signed on a max contract, i would've traded Westbrook for him, not Harden.

JayZ750 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh if Embid is still there, outside of Harden, Philly has a true superstar level player who is young and doesn't have a achilles tear.

This league requires two superstars to win a ring.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

that's true only if they can't play anymore. If they're back to normal then that's a group of all-stars. There's no way of knowing until the season starts. Harden-Wall-Wood-Cousins is damn good if healthy. How is Harden-Harris-Embiid THAT much better?

17. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Very unprofessional. Not the DNA of a champion.

Rockets Rule likes this.
  18. csc177

csc177 Member

Please hold firm Stone!! Let this diva go only for the right deal - he’ll never win a ring wherever he goes anyway.

Rockets Rule likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I see the logic here but I also think the game theory is different with MVP players. Executives will be salivating just to have a chance to persuade James to stay with their team. To an executive, this is like Tinder telling you that you can match with Scarlett Johansson / Amber Heard / Gal Godot at the same time.

20. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

trade the loser.