1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

yeah. All this means is they’ve been outbid.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is EXCITING GUYS!!!!

I honestly dgaf that much at this point where he goes. Get back the best you can.

I am actually going to have a fun time watching this team. Sure, they won't be as good. But then again it will probably be much easier to watch "the game of basketball" lol

Rockets4Life13, bmelo and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You mean they'll actually set picks to attack the paint rather than to find a switch to spam iso?

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

What if that fool had deal with GSW to go there and was trying to force Rockets to do that. But in the process he harm his PR so much the "good guys" Warriors really don't want him. It would be so Harden to choke job this

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If it didn’t have Wiggins in it, and it also included the Timberwolves 2021 first-round pick, it’s worth considering (still isn’t better than a Simmons deal). As is, the offer is garbage.

Andrew Wiggins has three years remaining on his deal where he makes 31 and 33 million in his last two seasons. Another team would have to be stupid to take his contract off the Warriors’ hands.

saleem and riko like this.
  6. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

What about sending him back to OKC? Get those picks back. Make them give us Dort too. That way the Rockets have the perfect guy to guard and frustrate Harden when they have to play against him.

7. Fantasma Negro

Philly

D-rock likes this.
  8. Sanity2disChaos

Give me BEN Simmons and call it a day.

this is really ridiculous.

generational talent nets us all these poopoo platters is beyond stupid on so many levels. I get each team wants to win but c’mon man.

D-rock and DVauthrin like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Or Harden for Paul George and Lou Williams.

10. Sanity2disChaos

I’d prefer this over Ben Simmons actually. If this is possible....?!

I think PG would be a good fit ...Wall-PG-Cousins.... is a good start to a rebuild.
    Include picks to help with rebuild of course.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

send him to cleveland or bench his ass for 2 years if he doesn't want to suit up. i really don't care at this point.

Roc Paint likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

ok so "win now" you trade harden but who?
    #1 murray from denver
    #2 paul george from clippers ..hopefully has williams and bev in there
    #3 simmons from philly
    #4 ingraham/reddick

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hard pass.

14. An An

An An Member

I feel the same way. I found myself switching to family guy just to get out of boredom.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I have an almost 11 year old who is super into basketball. He could win many NBA trivia contests, and also plays.

Even he's like "all Harden does is dribble for 20 seconds than take an impossible step back". It's tough to have a son who prefers GSW or Nuggets style... but then I'm also proud of him for that, lol

Don't get it twisted, though... he's definitely worked on step back jumpers in the driveway a lot, lol.

Harden's great... his "way" is a way that certainly works for him, and i so wish it would have ultimately worked here. Heck, if he stays, and ADJUSTS his game even slightly, the way Silas probably wants, i'd be SUPER bullish on THIS team.

But it is what it is. Idgaf what happens. I'll be watching either way...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

There is no win now with trading Harden. It’s either stay competitive and recoup some assets or tear the whole thing down and rebuild. And to be honest they’re kinda stuck with only the first option considering our current roster and the packages teams interested have to offer.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What is "Stay competitive"?? Contenders ? Top 4 seed ? Playoff team ? In the hunt for the 8 seed ?

I don't see any deal that they are anything more than "in the hunt for the 8 seed".

Basically what they were before Harden got here .... 42-42. Never bad enough to get a top lotto pick , never good enough to win anything of consequence.

What sucks is that because of the picks owed to OKC , tanking it up is risky .... When Morey made that deal , the lotto rules would have guaranteed he kept those picks with the worst record , now that's not the case.

We're stuck in that same purgatory Les had us mired in not allowing Morey to tank it up.

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I can only think this is all due to Tillman.

If our current team minus Harden was elsewhere, it seems like he would definitely be open to playing there.

19. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Hou: Murray(den), MPJ(den), Turner(ind), Thybule(phi)

Ind: Harris(den), Gordon(hou), Bradley(phi), 2-1sts(phi)

Den: Simmons(Phi), Oladipo(ind), Scott (phi)

Phi: Harden(hou)

Maybe more picks in the mix somewhere to level it out? Idk...just spit-balling here. If we gotta trade Harden this is the kind of return we need.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If Wall regains form and Boogie is serviceable, we are a top 5 team in the NBA. Harden knows that.