1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rival Execs Want NBA To Intervene On James Harden Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 7, 2020.

1. mightybosstone

This I can agree with. I get that James has never been a super vocal or outspoken guy, and that's totally fine 99% of the time. His game speaks for him, and it's been good for him and his brand. But once you start doing things that are detrimental to the league and your team, you should own it. Why are you not with the team in training camp? What are your issues with the organization? I'm sick of seeing stories with "sources close to Harden" or "sources familiar with Harden's thinking." You don't want an agent. You don't want to show up for training camp. Fine. Then man up and make a public statement.

I'm going to be a Harden fan for life regardless of how this all plays out, and if he's making a statement against Houston, I can understand why and respect it. But I don't respect the silence or the passive aggressiveness. Every day he's not with the team and stays silent about it, I lose a little more respect for him.

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

We can speculate about politics, but it's worth pointing out that Harden has never actually said any of those things. The most likely answer is the simplest -- that TF is a terrible boss.

csj likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Indeed. NBA needs to figure this out.

I just hope Tilman/Rafael have the fortitude to not back down. We need to get a good return on James Harden, or he needs to play. We are in too deep to let him go for peanuts. No franchise should have to deal with that.

SkareKrow, DVauthrin and jim1961 like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Because AD still played games for the Pelicans while Harden even did not report.

5. Sanity2disChaos

Through all this...... I still want to blame Tillman. I really think him bring cheap and not improving the team is the main issue.

plus Tillman comes off as an azz. Probably not hard to dislike him after meeting him.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Remains to be seen if Harden will not report to games

7. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

AD played 56 games in his last season with NO.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

please...

he switched agencies and signed with Klutch Sports doing blatant colluding with Lebron then demanding a trade to the Lakers...he even went to dinner with Lebron during the season after his trade demand was known and Alvin Gentry had to call out the blatant tampering that was going on

things got so bad that the Pelicans decided to not even play him, and the NBA threatened to fine them for every game he sat out

Kawhi left the Spurs organization during the season to go rehab in NY with his own people while basically cutting off communication with the organization

when the Spurs would send guys to NY to see what he was up to, stuff like this would happen

There was a point during [Kawhi's] rehab process in New York that some of the Spurs brass went out to see him in New York," Wright said. "As soon as those guys arrived to the building, Kawhi's people grabbed him and sequestered him to another part of the building. And so the Spurs' people couldn't even see him.

" ... These are the types of things that are going on that people don't necessarily know about."

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA should come out and say they won't approve a trade for Harden if Harden isn't playing

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I don’t like Tilman and hope he has to eventually sell sooner than later, but I’ll tell you this...

Harden isn’t winning ish if he doesn’t show up. Freaking show up and take it. Stop being such a puss.

DVauthrin and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Can you make a post that doesn't invoke politics

slothy420, Pistol Pete and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

NBA covid-19 protocol of necessary things to do before reporting to camp. Its all over the news bro. As a professional athlete who gets paid millions, he should follow the league and team rules, even if he wants to get traded. What he is doing now is absolutely ridiculous.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seriously. A vaccine is months away. Can't these people with big booty addictions just hold off a few months?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes I know you disagree with me a lot. Now go back to bed with Turley. He's missing your warm body.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  16. Ankich

Ankich Member

Harden wore a Blue Lives Matter facemask because he thought it looked cool. He's not an especially political player and I doubt Tillman's politics has anything to do with this. No need to multiply explanations. He's cheap. That's Ockham's Razor.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It's preseason. Football cancelled their entire pre season this year due to safety. Why are they risking people to play meaningless fake games?

All I know is a James Harden has proven time and time again that he shows up and plays every game in regular season at a high level. If he's not there for game 1 then we can talk.

He doesn't need a training camp to run an offense entirely dependent on his ISO. Plus he's played with Wall, Wood all off-season in pick up.

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is the exact opposite of being a “puss”

He is playing hardball.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

He’s being a puss by taking his ball and going home because he doesn’t like something.

DVauthrin and csj like this.
  20. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Actually less than 25% of the country voted for Trump, but point taken.