1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] No contact at all between HOU & BKN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 8, 2020.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden gonna really hate getting booed in every arena after this. Houston fans don’t forget. We booed T-Mac for less.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

media wants Harden in BK so badly it’s not even funny

most non-Rockets fans want the Rockets to take that BK trade package just to see the franchise become an official laughingstock

waytookrzy079 and treyk3 like this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

For less? T-Mac may not have been in a strip club, but his behavior was just as aggravating. And he was a much shorter-tenured and less-accomplished player, so the threshold for putting up with his BS was much lower.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Every arena?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not if there's no fans

#covidsilverlinings

jch1911, King1 and Patience like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He's a 20PPG SG to add next to a high volume assist guy in Wall. Im looking at the chemistry vs the individual talent. Back to team ball.

I'd take a chance on the possibility that Brown could become a special talent and be happy with what he currently provides in a team context if he's reached his apex.

For salary Im sure there would have to be some other pieces flying around - Im just throwing out my fantasy scenario. I think Ainge already shot down any rumor to their interest anyway.

fchowd0311 and Patience like this.
  7. Patience

I definitely would be more interested in Brown than Caris Lavert (and even Ben Simmons for that matter)!

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

thats where im at - not feeling the Brooklyn thing at all. Brown was the only name who I felt COULD possibly develop into an all NBA guy - not any different than James when we traded for him (obviously not saying Brown will be Harden, but who knows - they said Harden couldnt carry a team too).

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well duh that package is horrible. It’s Philly with Simmons. Always has been and will be.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Do people really want Simmons with Wall here? Open up with Embiid and then let’s see.

12. izeroi

izeroi Member

It's ridiculous. I feel like every morning I hear Jay Williams say "Houston NEEDS to hurry up and just trade Harden to the Nets". Media is pushing for us to do a crap trade so hard no matter how bad we get fleeced.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I've never been a Simmons fan, but hell, he's only been in the league 4 years. Maybe, just maybe, there is a chance that he will work on his shot and become franchise cornerstone for years to come. Add a couple of unprotected FRPs to that deal and well, I'm definitely down.

The way the league has transitioned, I'd much rather have a player with Simmons's skills rather than Embiid.

It's a gamble, considering that James Harden is once in a lifetime generational talent, but a potential future star in Ben Simmons is not a bad deal, especially if you pair him with John Wall. The potential line ups are endless.

Rudyc281 and Jontro like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

exactly...they’re basically campaigning for it to happen and trying to hype up what BK is offering talking about how they’re nice young players and Caris and Dinwiddie are borderline All-Stars...gtfoh!

we all know if that trade happened, they’d go from “that BK package is nice” to “lmao, the Rockets are a joke for trading an MVP for peanuts”

payaso, BHannes2BHonest and Jontro like this.
  15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

MPJ, Harris, Cancar, unprotected 2024/2026 1sts for Harden and House.

Wall / Nwaba
    Harris / Gordon
    Tucker (until trade) / Brown
    Porter / Cancar
    Wood / Cousins

Murray / Campazzo
    Harden / Morris
    Barton / House
    Millsap / Green
    Jokic / Hartenstein

This is the best I can come up with sans Simmons. I personally think it's great for both sides.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Simmons is better value than Embiid.

Yes I would want him here with Wall. I don't care about the fit. I care about getting the best asset in return. It's not about winning a championship in 2021, it's about building a team for the future. Simmons/Wood would be a great start to a team.

rfrocket, JW86 and RudyTBag like this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nonsense...

Stacy was literally picking against us publicly while our guys were battling the Lakers in the playoffs. No one beats that diva, and back then we didn’t have an owner dealing young assets and picks for LTS like Harden has had to deal with.

(Well, I concede maybe Pippen is neck and neck with McLady...)

Patience likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nuggets would be stacked...they could legitimately beat the Lakers with that roster

Harden is really worth Murray and MPJ, but Denver would never offer that

19. Patience

I see a lot of hype for MPJ, and he does seem talented. But as the centerpiece of a Harden trade? I am underwhelmed.

the11mingdynasty and Reeko like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean Simmons' game outside of his shot is just immaculate. Great defender. Great slasher. Great ball handler. Great passer. Great finisher.

jch1911 likes this.