1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] No contact at all between HOU & BKN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 8, 2020.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This is the way.

furyn, Deuce, Sajan and 31 others like this.
  3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

There won’t be a convo with Brooklyn lol

Swapshop, jayydela, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They are fringy w/o harden. He shouldn't entertain entering that building.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, they must stick to it. Harden's value is getting less, but he is still wanted by big teams to help them over the top.

6. saleem

No to the junk from the Nets or anyone else!

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Philly for Simmons

8. saleem

If Simmons is fit, then yes. This potential trade should be voided if Simmons has an injury like DMo.

Ramo$e and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brooklyn is obviously looking at their roster first and probably looking to start the season well before anything else.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Do we really believe Harden wants to go to Brooklyn with Kyrie there? From what I've read from @Nook, he loves Mike and he's cool with Durant. Don't see how Kyrie fits. Kyrie might be the hurdle the Rockets and Nets need to jump before making this move.

DwangBoy and Ramo$e like this.
  11. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

God I hope philly comes out of the gates TERRIBLE...it’s our only hope of landing Benny simmys

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman trying to recoup his image by saying he won't fine or suspend Harden.

When this is all over Tilman can go on TV saying, "I did everything I could to accommodate him! Hey, I'm from the hospitality industry, I know all about taking care of people! After all that, he still refused to show up to games and kept ignoring NBA protocol."

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What's the difference long term?

Sulking on the bench or living in strip clubs?

;)

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets have had no conversations with the Nets
    Rockets are not interested in the Nets package
    Rockets want a massive haul
    Rockets want a star/young star/potential young star in return

MEDIA: Yeah but what about the Nets? They have an attractive offer.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

talks haven't progressed

Rudyc281, treyk3, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

3 team deal could overcome that shortfall.

Get this resolved quick or the season falls into quicksand. Then the only hope is a Top IV draft pick.

saleem likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

water is wet

of course there’s been no talks between Houston and Brooklyn...if a trade package is headlined by Caris Levert, ain’t nothing to talk about

we are waiting for Philly to realize that Simmons and Embiid is headed nowhere, stop playing games, and get serious about acquiring Harden...or maybe some other team pops up out of the blue with a substantial offer

as for Brooklyn, they are offering a moldy mayo and bologna sandwich on untoasted white bread when we’re looking for some wagyu beef

payaso, saleem, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If its gonna happen I would hope BOS would like to re-enter the conversation and we could pry Brown away to add to Wall and Woods and Boogie eventually. It would make for a decent team to watch and could surprise some people.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Trolls on Twitter and even on here: ENJOY CARIS SUCKERS.

I'm thoroughly impressed by the Organization's handling of all of this. They haven't been rushed into anything except maybe the John Wall deal, but let's be honest, Russ was clearly a malcontent and probably the stem of most of these problems. Rockets gave up too many assets for him, they catered to him and he still whined his way out of here. I think that narrative isn't getting enough traction because everyone hates the Rockets too much. Westbrook was an absolute disaster and I hope he gets booed every time he plays here by the 10 fans who show up on time.

If John Wall plays the Chris Paul role in this trade (bounce back healthy season) his trade value will be so much higher than Russ' next offseason because no matter how many triple double over-time-games he has this year Russ will still be 33, athletic reliant, and low basketball IQ.

payaso, J.R., BigShasta and 1 other person like this.
  20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Living in Boston, I have to say I like Jaylen Brown a lot. I was always hoping the Rockets could ADD Brown to Harden, not trade him for Harden. Brown is good, but he hasn't shown he can be a #1 guy. He wouldn't be enough of a return unless there are other assets coming as well.

I hope the Rockets can salvage the Harden relationship. (Too bad there is no long flight to Japan to hash this out). However, Jaylen Brown is absolutely someone I would target as part of a trade if they can't patch things up.