1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Think I’ve posted this before but every blue blood deals with crazy fan bases and $9.95ers. Texas is no different from Michigan, Bama, Ohio State in those regards. Winning drowns out a lot of the noise. Herman hasn’t help himself on or off the field.

2. Buck Turgidson

Lol.

When's the last time Michigan or Notre Dame or USC had one of those guys?

Or hell, now, LSU or Penn St (Ohio St got a hell of a coach), Florida? Auburn? Florida State? Oklahoma?

Stuff's not easy.

3. gucci888

What do you mean “those guys?”

I’m not saying winning is easy. But blaming the fan base and recruiting sites for Herman’s failures are laughable IMO.

4. Buck Turgidson

Oh no, I'm not actually blaming "fanbases" for anything other than the same **** they all do. Or the "limpdick internet kids". They just seem to be the usual crap that everyone, every real University, complains about.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. gucci888

Maybe I’m just in denial but sounds like these "reports" are just pigging back off of one another. But I'll put on my tin foil hat and point out that Urban publicly denied the Ohio State job twice and we all remember the infamous "I will not be the head coach at Alabama" quote. Think we all wanted some type of resolution ASAP but truth was any move wasn't likely to happen until after the season. There was so much talk over the weekend about it happening and Urban potentially poaching OSU coaches so maybe it's possible this was leaked to cool things off, especially with OSU/Michigan coming up (although its not like OSU needs any help).

Or more than likely we just botched another football coaching hire. This one sucks.

updawg and Brando2101 like this.
  7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Gucci, I love you but this is an intervention. You're in denial that we are the problem. These are your friends. It's ok. You are in a safe space.

gucci888 likes this.
  8. Brando2101

It would be really funny if this was true because it would mean they used Chip Brown as the ultimate tool.

updawg and gucci888 like this.
  9. gucci888

Inside Texas and Orange Bloods as well. If Urban isn't a fan of $9.95ers, would be a pretty nice dig to say see they don't know crap. But probably all wishful thinking on my part.

Texas once again finds itself in a very precarious situation. Simply put, there is no plan B that is remotely close to being the coup Urban would have been. Franklin, Cristobal, Campbell have all been mentioned but not sure you can justify the money to bring those guys in. That leaves the most likely scenario where Herman is brought back. Recruiting has already been shot to $hit and next year will likely be even worse. It has been open season on Texas for quite some time now. IF Herman drops an early game next season as he usually does, things will get even uglier.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Code for "Need more money".....

DD

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'll sell 1 share of tesla if it gets us urban

12. gucci888

Lol Inside Texas reporting Kubiak could be a candidate.

13. Brando2101

The Aggie? ****, no. Dude passed on Justin Tucker 7 times in the draft and used a pick on Fat Aggie. Also, his entire tenure with the Texans was decent at best.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

At this point, I just want us to can Herman. I don’t really care if Mackovic replaces him. Recruiting is ****ed past 2021.

16. gucci888

Hope CDC has an ace up his sleeve. There is a feeling Herman could be brought back if Urban is truly out. Not quite sure the money will be there if there is no consensus on plan B, which the rumors are all over the place. CDC has also been near dead silent about football since OU with zero public backing for Herman. It will be a joke when CDC has to get up and say how Herman is the right guy for the program.

Hustle Town likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is all a ploy for people to register to orange bloods and rivals

Hustle Town likes this.
  18. gucci888

Nice but long write up by Andy Staples...

19. gucci888

Continued...

20. gucci888

What is exactly? The pay sites are definitely throwing $hit against the wall but the coaching conundrum is definitely real.