1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This thread is exhausting

True Rocket, D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I'm not a Tilman fan. Just because I refuse to accept your flawed reality doesn't mean I didn't think he have a hand in it. James did as well. You have to be a certain type of special think Harden is totally blameless.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Does CP3 get traded without Harden's blessing? Does Westbrook get traded without Harden's blessing?

fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

5. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

so you are saying Harden, Durant, Westbrook are the modern day nWo. Disrupting the culture and balance of the NBA.

Ben Frank and D-rock like this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just a reminder that the GSW, whom already have a tax bill of 66m this year, added another 68m this offseason to put the best possible team around Steph Curry.

Meanwhile, the Rockets, who have had a generational talent, at his peak, have used assets to duck the tax the past few seasons.

I'm sorry but Tilman is reaping what he sowed. Harden asked for a trade, and we did not oblige, now Harden is going to use the cards he has left to play, which includes half assing it. Frankly, I don't blame him.

BallaDoc, James.B.H, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Then don't be a Rocket fan. He has 40 million reasons to not half ass it. This is severe levels of entitlement.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oh my Rockets fandom is definitely on the brink.

rockbox likes this.
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The writing on the wall was when replaced Ariza and Luc with scrubs. I'm on Harden's side. When Rockets used their leverage with the remaining years of Harden's contract, Harden decided to use his leverage which is a generational talent not doing anything he doesn't have to. He's doing the same thing AD did last season, and now AD has ring and a fat contract extension.

#589 rockbox, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    BallaDoc and D-rock like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This stuff happens all the time in all sports....just ignore it the player always caves in...100% of the time.

DD

BallaDoc and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  11. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

If Harden wanted to play for the Nets then he shouldn’t have signed his contract with the Rockets. Nothing stopped James from just signing a 1 year contract every year. You can’t sign long term deals and then not honor your word.

If James wants to be a baby and not show up for the Rockets then I’d just let him sit out the next 2 years. F*ck him

BlastOff likes this.
  12. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

Harden is right. This roster won get him anywhere. Unless, not only is John Wall back to full health but even BETTER than he was before. Which won't be the case. So I see where he's coming from.

Also according to ch44, PJ is also still being shopped. Rockets are actively shipping out Harden's closest friends. And not for another player to improve the team, but for a pick. I don't see him wanting to play here again. And with these trades it really does come across that the Rockets are starting a rebuild. Other than the Cousins signing, it's been a lot of asset gathering and young players being signed instead of vets. I personally think the Rockets are preparing to trade Harden, but they just haven't found the right suitor.

But on the other hand, John Wall said he expects Harden back, and from other interviews it does seem that Harden intended on being in uniform for this season. Something changed his mind over the last few days though.

Personally, I think if Harden is not committed by now, it's time to move on. Why waste a year on a team that won't win a ring? Obviously, we need to wait for the right suitor, but if I'm the Rockets, I start harassing every team I can to try to make something happen. 3-4 team trades, whatever it takes.

I wish Harden would see that he's hurting his trade value right now, making it actively harder to trade him. But from his POV he's doing whatever he can to force the Rockets hand. It's just a shitty situation and as a fan just want to move on ASAP. Unfortunately this will drag on for the rest of the season, maybe into next offseason.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  13. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Mom, why is your son acting like such a loser?

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is FANTASTIC stuff right here. Just wanted to highlight 2 key points from this.

1) TRUST - "#2 Harden was extremely close to Daryl Morey. They spoke often about non basketball issues and the owner falsely assumed that Harden's loyalty would extend to the Rockets. The reality is that the two people most close to Harden (DM and MDA) both left because of the owner and Harden knew that."

THAT is HUGE! The Morey loss in this case was a huge turning point.

2) WINNING - "he has repeatedly said he doesn't care as long as he wins and once he saw the people close to him that he had confidence in gone, he lost confidence that he could win in Houston and wanted out."

Again, the loss in confidence once the people he trusted were gone. Not to mention the lack of SPENDING in an effort to win.

That adds up to an unhappy star player.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ says hello.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Harden wanted Westbrook.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just waiting for that moment when you open the GARM and see that Breaking! (Woj) thread...sigh

D-rock likes this.
  18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep. Harden must've been on board with the CP3/Westbrook trade. It's illogical to think that Tillman would act against the wishes of Morey, Dantoni, AND Harden.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

I mean what the **** do people think Harden meant when he said at that post game press conference "I know exactly what needs to happen.".

Ya that was kicking out CP3. That's what Harden thought needed to happen. Tillman was appeasing his superstar.

20. houseofglass21

Harden has had multiple opportunities to win a ring with the Rockets. He has consistently choked in the conference finals. He has visibly quit on his team during pivotal games. He’s even allegedly played while hungover and seen partying at strip clubs the night before a big game instead of resting. Weak minded.

ilovehtownbb likes this.