1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick Sources: Rockets surprised Harden didn't report to camp on Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 7, 2020.

1. psaman17

psaman17 Member

If anybody believes that, i have a very nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. PM me for offer.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

It's not a secret that TF and McMahon are tight.

You can take it or leave it.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Is there really people questioning if harden wants out?

There's multiple woj reports about harden wanting to be traded.

There's the rockets own statements about willing to be uncomfortable regarding Harden. About what they would require in a trade for Harden.

There's the fact that his coach and teammates not knowing the status of his commitment to the team.

There's the fact he hasn't spoken to his head coach in weeks or apparently since he's been hired.

There's his flouting of league covid-rules and team mandatory practice dates.

Short of harden flying a banner over houston saying, trade me... It seems pretty clear.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets changing narrative and Harden offseason trade demands never existed.

Who is gaslighting who?

5. The Law

The Law Member

I have become a very casual rockets fan over the last year or so, I typically come here after something big happens to get a pulse of specific transactions and what not.

my .02 is i an over the Harden drama. The last 8/9 years this team has made decisions with specifically him in mind. Brought in bad contracts, got rid of assets, constantly shuffled a roster to put people around Harden in an attempt to make him happy. Furthermore, it seems as if he has been given a blank check any time he was up for an extension.

Alas, none of it has worked, Morey got out when he saw he had nothing else to mortgage, and Harden throws a fit and doesn’t honor a contract and a team that has put him as the focal point for nearly a decade.

get the best deal for him, sit back and enjoy a new culture and the building of a new team.

ipaman likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone still has time to fix this but he needs to work OT now.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  7. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Thats funny because McMahon wrote this on November 17th.

"The Houston Rockets feel no pressure to trade James Harden or Russell Westbrook, regardless of the superstars’ strong desire for fresh starts with different franchises, and are “willing to get uncomfortable” as training camp opens and the season begins, sources told ESPN.

The Rockets’ front office, led by recently promoted general manager Rafael Stone, remains adamant that neither player will be traded unless a team meets the asking price.

"https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-uncomfortable-james-harden-russell-westbrook
    The Rockets are unaware of Harden's trade demand???
    Either Somebody is lying or we have the most incompetent front office in the history of professional sports.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

EXACTLY!!!!

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yay, the Rockets show James Harden who's boss! I'm good with it!
    Sounds good but when does this organization build a champion? It's been 25 years.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he told the 3 guys he recruited here this off-season, Wall, Boogie, and Wood, that he was staying here. That's what I meant by "everyone"

12. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I admit i dont read every Rockets related article. What exactly did Wood and Boogie say about Harden's involvement?

After some light googling, I havent found a single mention of Harden being involved in Wood's recruitment other than the fact that they played some ball together during the offseason.

#72 psaman17, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  13. sabesque

sabesque Member

I think this is a bit of a situation that was in the works before he stepped in. His job is to get the most out of this situation. Much like David Griffin’s goal wasn’t to “fix” the AD thing.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I mentioned that in an earlier post. Why would there be a WOJ story that James prefers Wall over Westbrook if he had no intention to play with either of them. I think this could all be an act to ditch Westbrook.

Remember when you were in middle school and you had to ditch the nerdy friend. Whoever was the host would say his parents said everybody had to go. Everyone would leave, then just come back 10 minutes after the ditch target left. I think James is just selling it right now so there are no hard feelings with Russell.

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can you link where you saw this part about the traded request? I read the first part, but had not seen the part about the trade request.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Well El Amin said the same thing on the Jump.

D-rock likes this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Only because he knows he would **** up a rebuild

fckbandwagons, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. 18pbr

18pbr Member

My only problem with the front office saying they are willing to be uncomfortable is that we have not heard from the FO in a long time. Silas and the players are being questioned everyday while the front office is not saying anything. I love the off season moves the front office made but just like James, we have not heard from them publicly either.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.