1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Harden is simply holding out bc he doesnt want to honor his contract... what to do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Dec 7, 2020.

?

IF this is a 'Screw u, i aint playing for you...' scenario... how to proceed?

1. Make a deal and get whatever you can to get this ingrate out the door!

22 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Screw him - Let him sit! Fine him, withhold pay, do whatever you can if he wont honor his contract!

85 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. We can still fix this! Kiss his butt and coddle him some more so maybe he will honor his contract.

12 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure that ship has sailed

HP3 likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Ride his ass on the pine

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Easy. Trade him where you want to trade him. If there is trade protection and Harden can refuse then make him stay and honor his contract. Morey traded for CP3 and then he wanted Westbrook and Tillman got it done. F this dude. Grow some nuts and adopt a winning leadership mentality.

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

what would harden look like (like, literally look like) after two years of not playing?

5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Easy, juanm34, sushimaster and 4 others like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

My point was the Rockets can’t go and get a court order to forcibly bring him to camp. Their options are either stop paying him ( which he seems to be fine with) or just tear up his deal which what he may want.

If he comes to camp disgruntled and pulls an AD and has general soreness every second game it will just make the locker room toxic.

Eventually the Rockets need to take the best offer available

kjayp likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Lol playing the role of santa.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Anyone here wonder what the hell happened behind the scenes since the end of the season? Now there’s a few reports out there about a “toxic” culture. Same culture cultivated by Morey and MDA? What was so bad about it? Harden has been here for 8 years and seemingly no issues till now. Why did Russ leave all of a sudden after being involved in the coaching interview process? Maybe this is all answered in the athletic’s piece but I’m too cheap to subscribe. I can only assess based on the reporting and lack thereof that the stars had an idea what they wanted in a coach and in a roster but management had other ideas. this combined with the abrupt leaving of Morey set off major concerns. But I do have reason to believe Russ discovered at some point Rockets wanted to trade him. There were early reports that came out right after the end of the season that the Rockets were shopping Russ. I think this is why there’s recent reports of him feeling hurt and upset that he is the scapegoat. That’s why he did them therapy videos on IG. And as Russ, MDA, and Morey goes Harden wants out as well. Because none of this makes much sense to me how much it has escalated. But You can’t blame Harden for wanting to abandon ship. Bands break up. Business partnerships fail. Friendships end. It’s life.

PuzzledFan and Boki4MvP like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

Tillman

Richie_Rich and juanm34 like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

got to be a better explanation. I dunno. Just seems odd. Doesn’t make sense.

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I've always wondered what would happen in the situation where a player is so upset that he just flat our refuses to play until he's traded. Has that happened before? It's a violation of your contract right? The team can withhold pay and save money, while the player still can't sign anywhere else, right? If that happens, could we theoretically use the money saved to get back below the cap/tax thresholds and sign another player? Do we re-enter luxo tax territory if he decides to play for us again?

Extreme scenario, I know, but curious what the details of this would be.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dont think the CBA works like that. The player is still under contract. Still counts against the cap regardless.

13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Get rid of this bum. Just setting a poor example no matter what team he ends up. What an embarrassment.

14. riko

riko Member

Toxic culture. Russ called out Tillman. Mike, Morey and now harden wanting out.Tillman handicapping Morey from making moves that could have gone over the luxury tax but ultimately making us a contender .. the list goes on

BallSoHarden likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I can agree with this... but I wouldnt be in any hurry to facilitate that trade...
    I'd make him suit up - and sit! When a reasonable offer came along - i'd do it... but i'd be in no hurry...

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If Harden wants to burn the only fans that defended him for almost a decade when he got clowned by every fan base In the league that’s a pretty stupid man right there

17. riko

riko Member

Harden seems to be fine with that scenario, but all the while his value will plummet

kjayp likes this.
  18. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Try to trade for your 1st rd pick back.

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

alethios, Boki4MvP, kjayp and 2 others like this.
  20. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Technically he does not, if he sits out, the two years left on his contract remains till he plays again. Meaning if he sits out next year, he still has two years left with the Rockets and they don't have to pay his salary. Sitting out won't remove one of those years..........