1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

As much as I want to be salty after all the years I spent defending Harden (and I'll continue to stand by most of what I've said), I can't entirely blame him if he wants out now... UNLESS he is the reason we got rid of Chris Paul and brought in Westbroke. If that's the case, and Harden now leaves us, then he basically dropped a lit match in the trash can right before quitting his job without notice. Of course there's nothing but rumor and speculation around all that, but that trade still seems to me like a Tilman kinda move (like he thought Westbrick would sell more tickets), so I'm willing to give Harden the benefit of the doubt on that for now.

BallaDoc likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I totally believe that this describes Fertitta. Tilman Fertitta will say anything in an effort to get what he wants, but ultimately it comes down to the guy thinking that he knows more than everyone else. "More" being applied to whatever he gets interested in. Currently, one of those things, to our collective dismay, is the Rockets.

Unfortunately, when outside forces exert tremendous pressure on people like Fertitta, they usually don't respond well. We are seeing that play out with Tilman, in my opinion, with the "outside forces" very obvious. His massive, leveraged business empire going down the Pandemic toilet.

Morey, being the highly intelligent fellow he is, realized that he wasn't going to be able to do his job the way he could with Alexander. Les gave him broad guidelines (like, "I'd rather not pay the luxury tax if you can manage it") and Daryl was largely left to operate on his own, in my opinion, with Alexander having a keen interest in who coached the team, of course. Fertitta, however, as you illustrate very well, is incapable of not interfering.

So you end up with the Westbrook deal, which went against everything Morey believed in. Not only did it go against how he was intending to surround Harden with the talent that would give us a puncher's chance at a title, CP3 being an important piece of that, he was also forced to throw the kitchen sink at OKC to close the deal. Not because he wanted to, but because Fertitta demanded it.

The topper was Fertitta not allowing Morey to expand on that deal and bring in more than Westbrook. In retrospect, I suspect that Morey was going to let the past season play out, hoping that somehow we could pull off a miracle, and would have then left the Rockets and Fertitta regardless of what happened.

We'll be paying for Russell Westbrook's year in Houston for a very, very long time. Everyone is sick to death of Tilman Fertitta, in my opinion. Unfortunately, it looks like our generational talent, James Harden, is one of them. Fingers crossed that he decides to see how this season plays out, but it's not looking good right now.

IvanLCPM, Deuce, DVauthrin and 6 others like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Yep and he was scapegoating playoffs P. Something he accused of others of doing regarding harden and Westbrook

HP3 likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Warriors series, both of them, he could have done more. Like that game 7 was sad. Watching them spam 3s like that when it clearly wasn't working shouldn't have happened. I blame MDA but I blame Harden, I blame everyone on that team. Someone had to have a moment to pull the team together there and get things straight.

Won't forgt MDAs little "Har har you miss some you make some!" post game comments either. Pull through, win one for CP3 so you can get those days rest and CP3 returns in the finals and MAYBE you do win a title that year.

LosPollosHermanos and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No not really there are players who lose series while going out guns blazing with great efficiency and stats that exceed their expectations and still lose as a team. Harden has never lost a series through that except I would say in 2019 but even then he would have completely empty halves or quarters in crucial games and allow teams to shut him out of the offense because he makes it easy by walking around everywhere.

JayGoogle and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro nobody thinks tillanus is a fukin POS more than me, but let's be real about mda and russ -- he should have just eaten pringles' 4th year of salary 2 summers ago and replaced his stubborn ass. and wall is an upgrade over russ. the current supporting cast and coaching staff is better than what harden has had the past 2 seasons and the fukin POS is finally apparently going to pay the LT

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. ths balla

ths balla Member

Haven't read through the thread but this should be more about the clown who has the audacity to comment to James' mother. Get a life bro, **** is pathetic

BallaDoc, D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

Tillman is toxic as it gets. No self respecting human being can be near him let alone work for him. I believe Rafael Stone is a great guy who will also tire soon of his song and act

BallaDoc, D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So Harden is going to play ball in strip club this season? Lol

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Lebron went against a much worse version of the Warriors in 2014-2015 and came out with a 47 TS% . Please stop this nonsense. Yea yea, already know your basketball philosophy. It doesnt matter what your competition is or who your teammates are, James Harden is the reason for everything.

D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  12. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I love James but dude is a mental midget.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, he hasn't been a winning player?

Let's look at team records...

2020: 44-28
    2019: 49-33
    2018: 48-34
    2017: 47-35
    2016: 55-27... do I go on?

So how is it fake news to say he's not a winning player? If being a winning player means making it to the finals then does that mean Harden isn't either?

How am I ignoring facts made by reporters? Because a reporter says something, it's fact? I said that wasn't by his head coach, that some coach suggested Westbrook do something and Westbrook didn't isn't news and nor should it be. We have no idea the nature of that discussion to make it into some definite "Westbrook ignores all coaching!" narrative.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Great players can have shitty series no doubt. But they are forgiven when they win a ring. Lebron had bad series but then he had all time great series will all time great efficiency numbers willing his team in the playoffs. I mean look at his career average ts% in the playoffs.

Do you think Lebron would do what Harden did in San Antonio?

15. HP3

HP3 Member

It means, he's not good enough to lead a team to champion ship as the second or third best player. We were worse with him on the floor all year.

Lol, Westbrook has played with Durant and Paul AND James Harden. He woulndt be anything without those dudes. And the one year Durant go injured, they didnt maket the playoffs.

Yes, that is also another thing.

D-rock likes this.
  16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Wtf?

Where did I say it was excusable or for that matter comment on how anyone should feel about it.

My posts deals with what rights/leverage players and teams have and attempts to counter the complaints about player empowerment.

You are free to feel however you want with the rights expressed and excercized by teams and players. Just don't randomly assign ur issues/fascination about dick onto me.

Talking about ad- hominem and insulting people for no reason.

D-rock likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

He had a great series but he also had Kyrie Irving there with him as a true number two. He then got swept when Durant was added to the Warriors. Harden isnt better than Lebron....but Lebron has A LOT of help in his career. He had alot of help to get to his first ring.

Lebron has done that when he chocked against Dallas in the finals.

D-rock likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

You were placing blame on the owner and not the player who is skipping practice for parties during s pandemic.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Of course, when Lebron is flexing his muscles and doing his cute 1+1 deals, no one bats an eye, but now that the Rockets are involved, lets raise hell about this lol. **** the media and the rest of the league.

Reeko, bballjunkie, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Hey mom, tell her and I said **** off

Erbnwarfare likes this.