1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If we trade Harden, it's rebuilding time. Get a high potential young star and a bunch of picks and hope the "process" won't be too long.

deb4rockets and Highlyrated like this.
  2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Philly, Boston, Miami, Sacramento, Atlanta, Denver. Each of those six teams have assets that could make a deal and fit their respective timelines.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was really good. more people should watch that

Fantasma Negro and ksny15 like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would move EGo too.

If you are going to blow it up, blow it up ALL THE WAY.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I understand he wants a ring but not only this is a terrible time to open a bar/restaurant but you're going to do it in your name while giving the home team an FU?

LOL...mk...

BMoney, Highlyrated and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's going to end worse than Ayesha Curry's did

7. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

LOL at GS. They would never do that. I highly doubt Curry would even want to play with Harden.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

We'll see, but i still wouldn't expect him to be a good enough fit with Simmons, and his max contract isn't going away for three years so, i'd still look to trade him as soon as possible in that scenario, maybe without Harden he would be able to boost his numbers enough to make himself look like a good option for other teams again.

9. HROZ

HROZ Member

Harden has a no trade clause

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

nah. Ego should be ok with Simmons, and I like the vibe I’m getting from him and Silas.

to be clear, if we are trading Harden, I’m not trying to win a championship this year...I’m trying to win one in 3. So I’m ok with EGo staying if he fits (he does). Let us pay down that contract, then trade him as an expiring for a star (Beal).

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Curry already won so i doubt he would care much if Harden comes in and dominates the ball, in fact i can see Curry being ok with that since he could use Harden as someone who can carry his ass throu the regular season so he can play less then 30 minutes and be fresh for the playoffs.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

If we trade Harden, I’m not trying to win a championship this year...I’m trying to win one in 3. Simmons is signed for 5 years, and Wood for 3. So I’d hold onto Wall and Gordon to let them become expirings...then use them and a mountain of picks to get a star.

We would need to shift back to program building. That means assets take priority, and fit secondary. I don’t think Wall or Gordon are so bad a fit that you instantly start blowing assets on marginal improvements. Wait for the big fish.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I agree I’ve always enjoyed listen to him. He brought up some really great points too.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey isn't an idiot, he's working for the enemy now and he hates Tilman so he'll do everything he can to make sure we get minimal returns on Harden.

Aside from the Nets, 76ers and Warriors, what other team will take the risk of trading for Harden only to have him upset and sit out instead of playing.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with you on Gordon, i don't think Wall with Simmons will make sense though, i'm not saying they would be unplayable, but the fit on/off the court overall just isn't good imo, the Rockets would've to make clear this is Simmons team now, not Wall's team, and it would be smart to take care of that before Simmons and Rich Paul get tired of it.

finsraider likes this.
  16. lionaire

lionaire Member

How about GS? :D

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

agree. Simmons is the primary playmaker, Wall secondary. I can’t imagine Simmons off ball...he has to be the main guy. Since Wall came here to play with Harden, he should understand that.

Vivi likes this.
  18. finsraider

finsraider Member

GSW has, IMO, the best potential offer out there. Klay, Wiseman and that Minnesota pick. Not saying they are offering all of that, but it’s the highest “upside” I could imagine.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

76ers Simmons, Thybulle, Paul Reed + FRP is still better than a young Dwight wannabe, older and gimpier Klay and 1 FRP.

18pbr and lionaire like this.
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

The floor on that GSW package is better than the 76ers, and I like the upside as well.