1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Tilman pissed of Morey

Tilman pissed off MDA

Tilman pissed off Westbrook

Tilman pissed off Harden

Serious question, has their ever been a situation where the GM, HC and both Hall of Fame players all force themselves out like this over the toxicity of the owner? I have to think no.

Deuce, Bo6, BHannes2BHonest and 9 others like this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The real irony here is if he does get traded to Philly or Brooklyn, you really think those fans are going to embrace this horseshit behavior?? He's gonna get a new ******* torn into him the first game he goes 3-15 from 3P. Even if he wants out, why make the fans suffer?? We've done nothing but defend his ass year in and year out against media and casual fan narratives, and now he's ******** all over the city that reps him every single day.

3. Nook

Nook Member

You cannot possibly be this naive.

D-rock likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden needs to close that restaurant he opened and sell his ownership in the Dynamo.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why?

6. Mr. Space City

Does she think people like Dame don't want a ring too? Yet you don't see them doing clown **** like this?

Ramo$e and linvetb6 like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't really matter what Russ says, Russ is toxic himself, so I can't imagine paying much attention to his opinion.

Also, Harden is kind of making himself look like a fairly toxic and garbage person himself. He's a stellar talent, but he's handling himself like a scumbag.....and I don't care at all about his partying or whatever. Hell I don't even care about him showing up late to camp but him letting his team and his MOTHER take all of the heat for his actions is beyond pathetic.

JumpMan and Nook like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think the league should take up on moreys suggestion a few years ago . No max contract and a hard cap . (No luxury tax shenanigans)

if you wanna go play for a contender take a pay cut . If your team wants to keep you they will offer you more .

it’s a balance , I like nba players having some power ... after all , a team can trade you without your consent in most cases too . Contracts are already fully guaranteed I think. I don’t want it to turn into nfl in terms of ownership / player dynamic ... but you should be able to build an organization that is the key to on-court success .. and not just get lucky / cater to stars .

The league is better with more Tim Duncan’s and dirks and less KD’s and kyries .

frankly , up to this point harden has been a pretty model franchise player . There are questions about CP3 etc , but publicly at least he’s always been loyal to houston . For all his supposed party flaws , he wasn’t the one who broke bubble protocol for our team last year . He’s had maybe 1 season where he came in out of shape (15/16) .. and he might have been hurt / there could be a legit reason other than lazy/party .

We talk about the benching vs LAC and the comeback . Look at how James played in the immediate aftermath of that game . He had a solid enough game 7 and G1 and 2 vs GS were the best games i had seen him play up to that point in his career .

It’s so hard to separate what moves are made by GM staff , ownership , or led by players (mainly being harden )

Harden hasn’t been a consummate professional, but he’s been pretty damn good.

Even wonder boy Kawhi openly revolted . So I agree it’s a league issue and prolly has to do with cap / contract rules / maybe media emphasis on rings

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Well, i tell you one thing, he aint going to Brooklyn.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm guessing you mean Harden and both can be true. Harden is better than Westbrook, that's not what I am arguing or ever argued. People just want to trash Russ's game because it gives Harden the excuse for not delivering another year.

Acting like Westbrook can't win when he's ONLY been on winning teams his entire career is what I'm talking about. Clearly, he contributes to a team. He can't have the usage he does and ALSO be a negative to teams he plays for. Does that mean Russ is a franchise player that can lead your team to a championship? No. But guess what, neither is Harden.

There's like 2-4 guys in a given era that are franchise championship players. Harden isn't. Russ isn't. This shouldn't be a knock on them or insult just more about how hard it is to win rings and how much it takes to win.

daywalker02 and Ramo$e like this.
  11. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Any sense of what they are reacting to? What is the toxicity that they can't deal with? Is it politics? Demeanor? Controlling nature?

Ramo$e likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nobody is going to go to that restaurant the way he is leaving Houston.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dame already committed to the Blazers. He said he doesn't care if doesn't win a ring he is staying with the Blazers no matter what.

BHannes2BHonest, Ramo$e and HP3 like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I doubt it. Especially not within such a short time after a new owner takes over.

D-rock likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden said this too lmao. Time will tell.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Tillman is a damn POS James screening him over is the only solace. But James is under contract for 40 mil a year he has to show up for work

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

Russ was a big reason why we lost to the lakers. That is a fact not sure how anyone can dispute that.Plus the lakers were so much better given their size and depth that even Westbrook at his best and Harden was never going to be enough

J Sizzle and linvetb6 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Harden isn't a criminal, and there are no criminal consequences which was part of my point. What he is doing is controlled by the CBA and all of the consequences are dictated in the CBA.
    #2 Every single player in the league breaks the rules. A player that commits a foul, and if it isn't called, isn't going to raise his hand and say "I fouled him". It just doesn't work that way.
    #3 Harden isn't cheating the league, the league office is the reason that something like this is even happening. It is a continuation of the last 15 years of the league allowing the superstars to do anything they want.
    #4 I have said Harden's teammates have every right to be pissed off, but they all are aware that there is one set of rules for them, and another set of rules for the top 15-50 players in the world.
    #5 If the Rockets decide to fine Harden and not pay him for not showing up, and if Harden complains about it, I would laugh at him because those are the rules under the CBA.

My hope is at some point anyone would consider the fans, but the reality is no one does. The players do not care and the league office doesn't really either as long as their franchise values increase.

Maybe the owners will eventually realize that their complete lack of discipline has resulted in the star players running the league is a bad idea.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Very sneaky by Morey

20. Mr. Space City