1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMO only Philly there is realistic. I also think Chicago could be a maybe and BKLN if a solid 3-teamer could be effected.

Wiz? Just kidding.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Dang my sister used to live RIGHT behind there off Henderson. Would have been convenient. Is Yao’s still open? Still never been to that.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Potential Harden Landing Spots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and maybe...

[​IMG]

Highlyrated, BigM, King1 and 7 others like this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’d take the Philly deal in OP.

My guess is Stone and the org is working on a deal now. I know Harden hasn’t said anything, but I have to believe there is no coming back. Just a gut and my .02

I also try to throw Gordon in the deal whether it be a 3rd team or however they can get it done.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t think Harden is taking into account he may get shipped to a really bad situation like Sacramento, cuz they really are stupid enough to do it without consent.

I’m quite sure it’ll come down to
    Philly (Simmons)
    or
    Atlanta (everyone on the table except for Trae Clint and new signings)
    or
    Sacramento (no clue who on top of Hield)

Miami won’t have enough to offer since Bam is off limits and I just don’t see Ainge giving up the most for Harden

Atlanta works well for both teams and I guess so does Philly as long as Tillman swallows his pride, though Simmons and Joel have been getting closer this off season and Doc doesn’t seem like a good fit for Harden.

Go Hawks!

6. An An

An An Member

Harden for Simmons and Tobias Harris plus picks.

Wall
    Simmons
    Harris
    Woods
    Cousins

Tucker
    Gordon

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Simmons, Thybulle, 2 picks, 2 swaps and the naming rights to Moreys 1st grandchild

Hakeem Landry’s Morey

8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Wait until the 26th and send this man to Sac.

Rockets: Hield, Bagley, Haliburton, Joseph, '22 protected 1st, '24 unprotected 1st, '26 unprotected 1st
    Kings: Harden, Gordon, Nwaba

Wall / Joseph
    Hield / Hali
    Tucker / Brown
    Bagley / House
    Wood / Cousins

Fox / Nwaba
    Harden / Gordon
    Barnes / GRIII
    Bjelica / Parker
    Holmes / Whiteside

9. Fantasma Negro

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Wall
    Gordon / Brown
    Thybulle / House
    Simmons / Nwaba
    Wood / Cousins

The one thing you can say about that group is they should be stingy defensively

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Pretty much... I’d understand if the management was not doing everything it can for you. Rockets built a team around you. If you couldn’t do jack squat with it... that’s on you. It’s been great... very unclassy if you though.. this is why you’ll never win a championship... you lack integrity.

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  12. gogispade

gogispade Member

Just GTFO already and stop this drama.

Highlyrated likes this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Dayum! Shots fired!

Nash calling Harden fat and slow!

Nash is genius. He's trying to lower hardens value.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess Bagley, Haliburton, Hield...but i agree with you, the Hawks have the best pieces on paper if we take out Simmons, Collins and Reddish alone would pretty much kill whatever most of the other teams could/would offer, and they have other interesting pieces eventually. I also think Atlanta really positioned themselves for a big trade like this one, i just don't know if they feel ok in making a big trade like this one for Harden, would he commit to stay there? Is that pairing with Trae going to work? Personally, i doubt it, and on both points, but who knows.

BigShasta likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yes, but this team isn't going anywhere, plus two players already maxed for at least three years, no flexibility....and what's worse is that Simmons isn't going to be ok with playing offball to Wall, i'd bet my ass right now on that, dude would ask Rich Paul to move him out of Houston in few months if that's the situation he would find himself in. If we ever have the chance to get Simmons, we better realize fast we gotta build around him and let him handle the ball. This team has no future with Wall running the show.

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’d be surprised if Harden wouldn’t like what he sees in Atlanta. Besides the nightlife suiting his style, he’s got Clint to work with on the pick and roll, and shooters galore with Trae BB and Gallo.
    Trade based around Collins Reddish Heurter and Hunter (and picks). And maybe a separate trade of Snell and pick for PJ.

Starters: Trae Harden Bogdanovic PJ Clint
    Bench: Rondo Gallo Onyeka

Makes a lot of sense for both sides if Stone likes that group of young guys and what’s to rebuild his future picks

joshuaao, snowconeman22 and Vivi like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely @Zoplicone on paper that looks pretty much perfect for James, Capela plus shooters that can also handle the ball if needed, remains to be seen if Atlanta is willing to take that risk.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

only through the first minute so far but that's pretty depressing

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Trade him to whichever team offers the best chance at a # 1 overall pick. None of the players in these deals are superstars and the quantity for quality trades never work for those teams trading the best player.

Otherwise identify the next James Harden a young player on a team of stars who could breakout with more usage. Good luck with that.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

i agree...though I want to see what Wall looks like after 2 years. He’s claiming that he’s changed his game. I take that to mean he will play off ball more.