1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A sad end to Harden’s Houston legacy

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If you disappear before season even starts then you can't disappear in the playoffs!

[​IMG]

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

'Businessman' ... dude would still be living with mom if he couldn't ball.

malakas, fchowd0311 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. malakas

malakas Member

This doesn't have to do with intelligence.
    Dumb and dumber people can be still respectful and have dignity and be brave.
    Intelligent people can be sobs who hide behind their mother's skirts.

This is a matter of character not IQ.

DVauthrin and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

split the difference and call it both?? lol

Bobbythegreat and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. airflights92

airflights92 Member

Also, instagram wasn't around back then.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, he had to know there was a better way to send his message than this. Staying at home and not reporting still sends the message and it at least gives the organization cover and say (Covid protocols) and makes it easier for them to trade him.

This wasn't a good look. At all. Now the entirety of NBA commmunity is joking about him. t*tties over Titles, that's his legacy right now until he fixes it.

GotGame15, DVauthrin and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that's part of the joke. If you haven't noticed Tillman likes to joke.

10. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Embiid and 2 first round picks or no deal.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I didn't say I like it........ but I expected it would happen..... because that is the business of the modern NBA.

Elite players win titles or go to other teams trying to win titles..... the league is far different than it was in the past.

There is a CBA, the Rockets can follow the rules of the CBA and punish Harden for not showing up..... but they won't do that.

As far as giving the Rockets "respect", most the people he had a close relationship with are gone.... and he gave them fair warning.

I don't like the current system, I have complained endlessly in the past about players forcing trades, forming super teams.... that players now are even involved in agencies to circumvent the rules.

I am not going to act outraged about it now that it impacts the team I love though..... it is the same system, and from the very beginning I knew that this is how it would end if the Rockets did not win a title in a certain window of time.

Harden may still report and play...... and I will feel no different about him either way..... if he comes back and the Rockets reach the Finals or win the Finals, all will be forgiven and the world will be great...... if not, this ends like most relationships.

I am old enough to remember Hakeem doing the same thing....... but that was forgiven because the Rockets win.

I am more concerned about changing the rules so that players do not dictate the teams they play with than just Harden.

12. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

How I picture Harden's mom reading some rando's post on a mobile, then going to reply on her desktop...

Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

If I have to choose WCF exit with Harden iso ball or 2nd round exit with fun teamball i prefer the second thing. Iso Harden will never even get to finals(at least in west)

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Harden is traded, the Rockets won't make the playoffs at all.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hate that it’s come to this...Rockets said they were willing to get uncomfortable...well, things just got really uncomfortable

Does Harden think this is gonna make the front office accept scraps for him in a trade? Unless we know for a fact that Ben Simmons is indeed on the table, and the Rockets have refused because they simply don’t want Harden to leave, but would now be willing to accept Ben Simmons after what has just transpired, then ok. Other than that, he’s still not going anywhere at this point in time unless the offers increase or the front office just caves. They better not cave in.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Not panic, anger
    :mad:

DaDakota likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Seemed to work pretty damn well.

I get that you and I have a different view of what success means, but I would say that Harden's style has kept us competitive for years. I became a die-hard Rockets fan after the golden years (I was only 6 and 7 when we won our only championships) and his 8 years here were a lot better than the 17 years after the championship years.

I'm not trying claim moral victory, but just happy that we been able to discuss title contention several years. If this is the way it ends, it was a damn good ride.

D-rock likes this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

You so sure about that? He wont go out for free. We already got hungry Wall, Wood, Cousins, Eric Gordon... if Harden means 2 star players like or one allstar +role players we actually can be a better team with Silas on the sidelines

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I'm sure about that. The Rockets have no chance without Harden.

Nesunna.

Zero.

It would be like it was 2000 all over again, and that Yao pick just isn't coming.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lebron, AD and the Lakers have Harden shook. He wants to escape to the East