1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With Dwight the issue was always coaching to me. Dwight felt like he had to be a post up player to have value and we should have had someone there to tell him that's it's fine being what he was in Orlando, that's what helps the team win. You go be DPOY and let Harden take care of your buckets, he'd average 20-10 easily then, he was still in prime shape at the time too. Like he was still explosive and athletic, that should have worked better than it did.

Getting eliminated by Portland that first year really hurt too because it took a chunk out of our stock, if we had made the WCF that year or something we probably get a bunch of front running vets looking for rings.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Harden lied to Wall, Boogie, Wood, and the Rockets organization for months, then he'll be a pariah around the league. I think his mom was just trying to come to his aid since he's getting beat up on social media right now. We'll see if Harden is the kind of person to lie to everyone but tell his mom exactly what is going on.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think that team gets a ring. I can't see Kyrie and Harden coexisting.

On paper they do, sure, but...Kyrie ain't happy sharing the ball with anyone.

banzai, tinman and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm a bit confused. His mom replies to someone on instagram, gets screenshotted and is now getting hate for defending her son?

Somehow, the internet still surprises me in 2020.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight's problem was the same as Westbrook's problem, they are uncoachable and they have the lowest BBIQ's you'll ever find in the league.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

tbh , harden would prolly be the best player on the nets . But he’d get to fly under the radar a bit .

idk what to think about all of this . Frankly , if harden wants to win a ring in Houston (maybe anywhere ) he will have to take a pay cut in his next contract. At least I think so.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s one thing that he’s mad at the organization and some teammates but new teammates and coaching should not receive his disrespect

CCity Zero and pippendagimp like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

We might not even have Simmons on table if some rumors are true...i know it might very well be Morey playing chess, and Harden is without question the better player, but he's also 31 while Simmons is 24 so...i guess it can be reasonable for the Sixers to just keep Simmons, also cause he's already locked on a 4 year deal and will cost them 10/15M less per season.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Let's see what happens. Remember, this is his mom defending him. Not saying that she isn't accurate but I highly doubt he's been talking to her while partying in Vegas. I think she's just reacting to all the backlash that he's getting.

If he burned all the guys he brought here, doubtful anyone will want to play with or trust him ever again.

DCHAMP, CCity Zero, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

She basically all but confirmed what we all feared...and people aren't happy.

People hate the message, nobody cares about the messenger.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope you're right but Philly has no reason to make this trade happen this season; they can easily give Ben/Joel another chance and see how they play with the new team and system.

Rockets, on the other hand, will probably want to dump Harden soon if he's just refusing to show up or play.

D-rock likes this.
  13. csc177

csc177 Member

Yeah...He’s gone - he won’t win a ring in Philly or Brooklyn so whatever

Rockets Rule likes this.
  14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind everyone that Hakeem insulted the owner and FO, played a big part in why the coach resigned, AND faked an injury to try and get out of dodge. Hell, everyone thought he would be traded. If he had happened instead of him staying and eventually winning a ring, we would have had VERY different conversations about the Dream today.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When it’s winning time
    It’s KD or Kyrie that gets the ball in the playoffs
    They’re proven they can do it at the level

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is impossible to be a 3x DPOY and have low Bball IQ. It just can't be done.

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

1 CP3 year yes, then CP got hurt.
    Year two we had no chance. Tillman was already blowing up the team and CP looked like he played hurt all year.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If he is indeed pulling this bs, and if the offers aren't good enough, let him sit out the next two seasons. See how he enjoys that

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Defensice IQ and offensive IQ are different. so yes it can be done.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We saw it happen.

hakeem94 and slothy420 like this.