1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall and Arenas interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by realonemo, Dec 4, 2020.

1. realonemo

realonemo Member

Interesting interview about what John has been working on. I feel like I understand him a bit more after watching this. Also Gilbert would make a helluva a player development coach.

Denovo, Rudyc281, DreamShook and 7 others like this.
  2. opticon

opticon Member

Great content! If Boogie and Wall are healthy Harden might actually.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Really nice video. Seems like he is more focus than every. I like the part where he and Gilbert talk about doing the other thing. Instead of relying on their go to move to go the other way. To have more variety so not to rely on just athleticism or just right side jumper but on the new stuff he has worked on.
    That’s what Russ needs to work on more. He already knows he can dunk and be fast to go for a layup. But he should be working on making things easier on his body.

really good vid. I hope Wall has a come back like Cp3 did last year. And I hope he and Cousins stay healthy. Actually that they all stay healthy.

Rudyc281 and RocketRed84 like this.
  4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Nice find, thanks for sharing OP.

Good to hear he's working on adding things to his game.

All the great players would add one new thing every year. It's usually it's what seperates the all time greats from all stars and GOATs from HOF players.

Rudyc281 and glynch like this.
  5. realonemo

realonemo Member

Yea I truly believe that he will be a better shooter. He was already decent at catch and shoot threes. Next step is hitting that pull up three if the D sags off.

Denovo and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wouldn’t be surprised if Wall comes in this year a improved shooter.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm only a few minutes in, but ... "Hard head make a soft ass..." The South has spoken. lol.

I'm only in about 5-6 minutes, if this dude really had all this crap wrong with him and they were saying he should still play, then ... damn. And I'm of the opinion team docs or whoever he used were just abusing him to get him on the court. Maybe someone with some medical experience can chime in, but I wouldn't think a bone spur would be that hard to diagnose for them to misdiagnose him for 6 years as tendinitis (?).

BTW, I love Gil's podcast. I love most of these athletes' podcasts, for that matter.

Rudyc281 and joshuaao like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not gonna happen under Keith Jones watch

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just finished watching that video and it had some really interesting tidbits especially at the end where they talk about what the system expects of you vs what your point guard is good at. So the system may expect you to be "here" at that point, but that's not where your PG is expecting you to be. Make your PG's life easier. Also interesting is what Gil says about having the old school vets hang around the new school game so you can temper the advice you give and it's not always "well, this is how it used to be, blah, blah". I'm hoping none of this will be a problem with the Silas-Harden-Wall combo if Harden stays for a while.

slothy420 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

An MRI would have identified his issue. It’s just incredible how they screwed that up.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

If that's the case then perhaps it's not completely true.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. woket

woket Member

Enjoyed this.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

In this interview Gil talks about how the achilles rupture was in his off leg so that shouldn't affect his athleticism as much. Separately I learned recently that it was a partial tear as opposed to a full rupture. Both these things bode well for recovery.

glynch and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Wall at least sounds like a guy who's trying to refine his game as opposed to someone still working through rehab.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Makes ya wonder... i don't know. :confused: