1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Western conference GM on WB Wall swap: Russ slowed down Harden last year, I feel bad for Beal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

This is a basketball forum lol one of the most popular hoops forums going. So yea I’m gonna stay here with my 110 posts lol

2. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

you sure are the expert here on clutchfans. i completely forgot it's a basketball forum and not a houston rockets fansite. my bad.

goodbye cluthfans. goodbye rockets

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

I haven't seen many true Lakers fans. Most are bandwagon fans who just chose the Lakers so they can feel good about themselves.

Just like you who just joined this forum coincidentally the same year Lebron joined the Lakers.

pippendagimp and clutchdabear like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s way cooler to be a fan of a team that doesn’t have(buy) a million championships, imo...

It actually means something.

Just like Yankees fans, yuck. :)

5. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i've met a few (and like you said, extremely rare) but this guy surely ain't one of them lol. a true laker fan, no matter how annoying asf they are, wouldn't have a lebron jersey as their profile pic.. bc they've always hated lebron and still do. they only worship kobe.

s3ts likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Russ was winning the MVP award with a 6th seed team, mostly because KD left the team, and averaging a triple-dub. Then everyone else finally started looking at all that athleticism and work ethic and finally saw the stat-padding side because it obviously wasn't going to win anything. He had PG and a Melo that was still being debated whether he's a starter or not. Russ sank that team to the bottom. Out of the 3 MVPs that OKC has had, they chose the worst of the 3.

The trade isn't even only because the Wizards have a much bigger upside being in the East and because they finally have a healthy player giving quality minutes. As long as Wall can stay healthy, which we all can agree is a big if, Wall is a better fit to this team than Russ. Again, it doesn't make it even, but this is probably the best deal we can find given the head case that Russ has turned out to be.

Everyone knows the draft pick is well-protected, and nobody is thinking that far ahead to that pick. It's just something to gamble on, something that may turn into an asset in a move.

7. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

[​IMG]

Been a laker fan since 91’

[​IMG]

Was Lebron on the lakers match 26 2018?

and I didn’t become a fan because Kobe died. I stay by my squad no matter what. And I love basketball and respect talent like a James Harden
    [​IMG]

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yup. And interestingly I don't find Kobe fans offensive, whereas any Lebron fan just annoy me.

The lack of viewership for this past NBA Finals should be enough of a clue, this is some of the worst competition I've ever seen. The superteam era needs to end, and Lebron started it all.

clutchdabear and saleem like this.
  9. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Lol Lebron ain’t start no super team. Been that way since the nba formed. And hell ever hear of the trio of KG, Pierce, & Allen?

10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

did kg paul pierce or ray allen have their own sports agency to create any conflict of interest?
    or even more basic - did they ever group up and pre-plan on teaming up together years before to have their free agency coincide at the same time? all while taking well below market value deals?
    u know absolutely nothing about the nba or the business

pippendagimp and s3ts like this.
  11. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

The GM of Minnesota (former rockets coach btw) used to play for the Celtics traded KG to his former team whose gm at the time was a friend and former teammate lol

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

How many times did people in the Lakers organization get fined for tampering? AD's trade to the Lakers was a foregone conclusion. I have no idea why you think that's worth a conversation.

KG + Pierce + Allen was a big 3 orchestrated and credited to Danny Ainge, not anyone else, whereas Lebron orchestrated all of his superteams. Especially the one w/ the Lakers.

And the first year in LA? He cried like a b**** for having a shitty team.

13. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Why do y’all keep talking about Lebron lol

I’m a laker fan. Lebron & Ad just happen to be on the Goat franchise ever lol

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

I just told you. You joined the forum the same year Lebron joined the Lakers. Pretty much stayed away until now and just came back to troll.

Ah, and I forgot -- you also came to defend Lebron because I said the superteam era sucks and the numbers clearly show it.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

I joined when y’all gagged to the warriors. Had nothing to do with LA or Bron

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

Your joined date is Nov 11, 2018. Either way, you're here to be a troll. And troll is ... not a positive word.

No less, you're also hijacking a thread about how Russ sucks. To which you left absolutely no reply. Yet here you are in the GARM.

17. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

I didn’t hijack ****. Homeboy the one talking about China and the astros lol

18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

like u said, this is a basketball forum... but it's also a rockets fan forum first and foremost. you posted that anyone talking negatively about russ is delusional and mentally insane. i'm not gonna go deep into why that is such a naive take and how it shows your just a filthy casual who doesn't know anything about basketball.

but maybe you should realize when you're posting on another team's fan forum, you should at least be a bit more respectful than you are on your own team's forum before you realize why people are bashing you left and right.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

I wrote up a whole reply explaining that it's close to being an even trade, and it's only not even because the Eastern Conference sucks and Wall has big ifs around his health.

20. Victorious

Victorious Member

Switching to vegan doesn't guarantee anything. Nobody knew how cp3 was going to come back with that injury history. Another reason we had to attach and swap 1st rounders to that huge contract. And where is the evidence that Morey didn't want to do it? Sounded like he was on board. And Harden definitely wanted Russ here. He sure didn't fight to keep cp3 if he didn't force a trade.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...dens-reaction-to-russell-westbrook-trade-nba/

"Daryl Morey: The Paul George situation obviously opened the window, and I did not anticipate him being available until that happened.

First, asked for the direction of the [Thunder], and after that we discussed ‘maybe they’re looking at the possibility of moving some of their other key players. Spoke with ownership, with coach D’Antoni, with James Harden, and acquiring Westbrook at that point was something that we were interested in. And then it’s a matter of just working out the details of how to do it.”

Dan Patrick: What was Harden’s reaction when you first broached the topic.

Daryl Morey: Very enthusiastic, because he knows he plays well together with [Westbrook], because they’ve done it. Both on OKC and USA basketball, and growing up. So he was enthusiastic."

hakeem94 likes this.