1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden’s Partying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Dec 5, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Huh? You sure you quoted the right person? Birthright? Should have it? What?

Astrodome likes this.
  2. verysimplejason

It's time trade him. Been there already. Harden's not the answer. Not now, not ever. He's good as a one-on-one player but that's it. He's not the alpha that Rockets need.

LosPollosHermanos and T_Man like this.
  3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Bro he didn’t go to a non mandatory media session, WTF are we talking about here?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt all true, and there would be NOTHING wrong with someone saying that, right? Why are we protecting him from criticism when it is what helps people grow?

He did it, gets the deserved criticism, just like most of us did when we ****ed up.....no need to apologize for him, he is his own man.

DD

tycoonchip and Ramo$e like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

The dude literally has had zero problems off the court for most of his career, whether it was during the season or in the offseason, and you're trying to plant the seed that somehow Harden won't be dedicated to his craft?

You can doubt whether John Wall will return to basketball form. You can doubt whether Cousins will turn out to be a solid basketball player or be a bonehead. You can doubt whether or not Christian Wood will live up to his contract.

What you can't do, is doubt whether or not James Harden will be one of the best basketball players in the world. He's given you no reason to.

joshuaao, Nook, Patience and 4 others like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I was going to wait a month for a vaccine, but I didn't want to waste all the careful planning behind my improv show

Nook likes this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Did what? Incessantly partying or go out during COVID?

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Isn’t this Harden’s birthday weekend?

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

people in here holding Harden to standards they don’t even hold themselves to...

and Harden is 1 of the best at his craft...Can these people always b*tching about what he does off the court say the same?

OP bringing up Kobe, MJ, and Lebron...

All 3 were supposed to be great and were no doubt about it generational talents from the jump. Harden? Not at all. He put in the work to get to where he’s at, but CF randos think they know what’s best like they’re his damn mom :rolleyes:

Harden’s supposedly leading this disastrous lifestyle, but he still finds time to dominate the league and continuously improve his game. How come? I’m sitting here wondering why the role players and 95% of the rest of the league can’t manage to do the same.

When’s the last time EG came into the season with something new added to his game? How come Russ been in the league for so long and still can’t shoot a lick? If u ask me, players need to go workout with Harden and see how he approaches things.

Deuce, BamBam, Stephen_A and 4 others like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Harden is never going to win a ring so who cares what he does.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. Sanity2disChaos

This is stupid. You sound boring as hell Bro.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The bar is low when the only problems you can have are legal. His former franchise in OKC was even somewhat hesitant because out of the trio, Harden was the partier.

#132 fchowd0311, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yall gonna miss this guy when he is gone, whether you like him or not. His durability earns his contract, his skills are icing on the cake.

Stephen_A, clos4life, Nook and 4 others like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is a good point. Normally, you say whatever and let the man do what he wants to do but you have to worry in this climate if he's not going to be responsible for spreading it to the team and thus having games delayed and...however the NBA plans to deal with it.

joshuaao, daywalker02 and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’ll never hate on Harden but how is this dealt with. Shouldn’t he be forced to isolate as of now before joining the team and for how long?

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Honestly personally not worried about it. My life remains same rather harden wins a ring with us or not

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

his birthday is in August

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know how the NBA plans to handle it, not sure if they've said it?

Will they delay games or just let teams play short handed? It's definitely going to happen though I'm sure they have some plan in place.

I think as long as a player can be replaced with a player on the roster the NBA should not reschedule games because of it, just let the team suffer with missing that player as a consequence of their actions.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Houston doesn't deserve a star like Harden. The city needs to suffer like 10 years before they start appreciating things.

Landsdale and Stephen_A like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

What are you talking about? I didn’t say anything about COVID. I maintain the same thing I have for years, Harden works extremely hard, comes to camp in great shape, plays hard and plays even when hurt... and he has consistently gotten better.

He gets a lot of criticism over things that are either absurd or over blown.

Last, yes race does play a part... society does not like black people that are a success and don’t bow down to the alter of what society thinks a successful person should look like or say.