1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Suspends Weed Testing

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fantasma Negro, Dec 4, 2020.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I agree with everything you've said. I also have my low tolerance so my experience is likely very different. I don't understand how people smoke at parties or social events. I would pass out. I rarely would smoke in public due to maybe all but 1 instance where i would have panic/anxiety attacks. 1 time, i had a full body experience listening to music driving. It was erotic. Never experienced it again, but if many feel that way, i can fully understand the love for mar1juana. I found the only consistent benefit for me was to smoke in isolation and get some deep and amazing sleep. So obviously i can't imagine training or playing sports at any level while high. So, i have nothing against it, and would be down to legalize it so i can gain more easy access for better sleep. I could take a hit or 2 at bed time for the rest of my days. I never got physical relief for any pains i had though.

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

What does CF LEGEND STEPHEN A have to say now??

[​IMG]

4. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Greenhouse Effect?

5. TimDuncanDonaut

It's supposed to be one of the better ways for pain management. May even be less addictive than some of the stuff Doctors prescribe. For what the players go through with their bodies, it could be a good move for the league.

Richie_Rich, IvanLCPM, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm the same way with alcohol; a few shots and I'm just a complete idiot. I think tolerance to mar1juana builds pretty quickly, but I've heard it resets to normal if you stop for a few days. I haven't been able to stop it, as falling asleep would be very rough without it, having taken it for as long as I have been now. (That is a downside.)

Early in my adventures I got crazy high a couple times accidentally. Fun times (and enlightening), minus the vomiting part. I know with a higher dose I can last down there a long time. I've never heard about a full body experience like you describe. Erotic? Sign me up.

But seriously, it's not been a cure for my pain issue but it does knock it back (and it's kept me out of surgery and off pharmaceuticals, so there's that). For some issues, like badly strained back muscles, it could be something like the equivalent of pain relievers, massage, and acupuncture rolled into one--a true wonder drug. If you ever find yourself in a situation again where you need it, I believe the CBD provides a modest anti-inflammatory benefit, while the THC (in conjunction with the strain's terpenes, cannabinoids, and who knows) basically masks & numbs the pain--find a strain with a good amount of both.

I've tried it after workouts and I think it helps with DOMS. Not much but a little. I can't imagine it helping with athletic performance, but some athletes, like Percy Harvin, Ricky Williams, and Mike Tyson, got along okay on it.

Personally, I'm of the mind that if an activity is not fun without drugs or alcohol it's probably not worth doing in the first place. But as long as everybody is being responsible and nobody's getting hurt, I don't care what people do with it.

#26 FrontRunner, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Caesar, Ramo$e and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Josh Howard falls in a faint

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He had to be taken to a hospital after the plane landed b/c he was a dumbass and took too much. I think that qualifies as “cause”.

krmclaughlin likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

LeBron James Ordering More Weed.

While Adam Silver has no choice but to oblige.

Adam Silver literally bending over for LeBron James.

Well Adam usually is bent over.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Amazing to think no nba players have been smoking weed at all these last 70 years.

Yeah the pandemic is just a convenient (if strange) cover to get rid of something they all want to get rid of.

Dankstronaut and Rocket River like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

A surprise NBA guest.

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Larry Sanders too

FrontRunner and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Should we get Michael Beasley back? This could be the year

Fantasma Negro and Ramo$e like this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

I lost track of which strain is best for me and or if a hybrid is best or how much cbd is in it. I usually never knew through my life. Just smoked whatever anyone else had. The times I bought for myself, I just asked for something to help with sleep and not too strong, but I know I've had bad anxiety attacks turn into full blown panic attacks on both strains. I do want to say alcohol was also involved and last time, both alcohol and my crippling fear of heights were tested as I went on one of the fastest and tallest roller coasters in the country. I actually had to stay in the car in the parking lot for an hour. Laid in the back and focused on my breathing to calm myself down. Finally went and powered through and went on all the coasters and had a blast. Still felt the anxiety effects walking around with people in crowds, but the fear of height was natural and eventually amazing letting myself do it all for the first time in my life. I had always been ashamed of fearing heights up to that point.

FrontRunner likes this.
  15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm far from an expert on the stuff, but from what I hear two plants with the same genetics, grown side by side under controlled conditions, can have varying levels of THC and other cannabinoids. So a legal, tested weed might not be all it's claimed.

I smoked cigarettes and don't want to put my body through that anymore, especially now with Covid-19 out there, so I make my own tinctures with MCT oil (I purchased them a for a while first). The downside to tinctures is that is it takes hours for the full effects to set in, making it hard to compare one strain to another. I add terpenes for flavor--some are said to help with pain, some sleep, etc.--which complicates matters more. Sometimes I can tell a difference, sometimes I can't. Most people agree, though, that the sativas are more stimulating mentally, while indicas will relax you and put you "in-da-couch."

At the end of the day, I've found higher doses of either, hybrids included, to be a bit of a "choose your own adventure" type situation, in that if you come into the experience with a lot of anxiety, you're probably going to experience a lot of anxiety along the way. My advice would be, If you find yourself fixating on something that bothers you, by all means find a distraction or find yourself another setting.

I hear you about heights. I don't have a bad fear, but my hands are sweaty now hearing about yours! I also have undiagnosed anxiety issues that are very embarrassing and have altered my life in ways I'm just now coming to grips with, to be completely honest. I have a distant relative that smokes throughout the day to treat his anxiety, and I guess it works, but that's kind of a no-go for my daily life. Mushrooms, so I've heard, could potentially help with that, but I've got to do more research there...

Caesar likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Now I know why Harden is hitting Vegas up right now. Taking advantage of this before the season actually starts. :)

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tilman approved cost cutting measures...Maybe cousins of LTS and Cash Considerations

Pistol Pete likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And tax it...same for online poker.

DD

RustyHarden and TWS1986 like this.
  20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Bingo. Tax the **** out of it for all I care.