1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source close to Westbrook believe he was made out to be a scapegoat for Houston's playoff meltdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Dec 4, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Better then being dumb

HP3 and coachbadlee like this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Bye Felicia.

3. dmoneybangbang

Losing is losing.

subtomic and coachbadlee like this.
  4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

The source is bra bra.

5. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

Dude had a great stretch during the regular season pre covid but my god he was TRASH in the bubble.

6. riko

riko Member

iQUOTE="MrButtocks, post: 13254700, member: 16215"]Bye Felicia.[/QUOTE]
    I honestly thought Russ was better then this .

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People really forget this. Dort outplayed Harden, if the Rockets lose that game, Harden's legacy is in the trash as far as being a championship winning player.

pr0wler likes this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If I was I’d tell him to ask out

9. dmoneybangbang

He shouldnt have played in the playoffs, the combination of his injury and his lack of skill/awareness was too great.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Uh, what is it now... in that sketchy pile next to the shredder? In recycling maybe? :D

JayGoogle and coachbadlee like this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would say we probably don't win with a healthy WB either against the Lakers. Once they realized they can just double Harden and then have WB challenge AD and Lebron at the rim, the series was over

hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Where as Russ is stellar. I guess teams sagging off Russ because he had a worse shot then an elementary schooler was not real?

pr0wler, AroundTheWorld and HP3 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean you're literally leaving him 6 feet open to shoot. pretty easy once you actually hit shots. he hit them. great, you're in the nba. It's sad that you're being defended that way in the first place. and eventually he regressed to what he really is. a broken shooter

Dude shot 23% the entire series, and that includes the game of his life going 6-12. And people are praising that. lmfao. And they still took an L. this board continues to get dumber and dumber. That's why him and westbrick both get guarded the way they do

beard4life, pr0wler and Reeko like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He was the scapegoat. A real professional would acknowledge that and say that he needs to play better, rather than getting mad about it. If you suck at your job and didn't perform, you better be able to be true to yourself and admit it. This proves how delusional Westbrook is.

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Yep. And Harden really went after Dort offensively and CP3 smiled.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. csc177

csc177 Member

If we got the Russ Westbrook before the bubble it’ll be a different story, we probably still would have lost, but it would have been closer.
    The WB we got in the playoffs was god awful.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, okay so here is what we dont want to tell you. Cp3 isnt playing any differntly on the Thunder. News flash. And WESTBROOK WAS NEVER A WINING PLAYER HERE EVER. Even during his hot stretch we were statistically worse with him on the floor. Holy crap, stop peddling this crap.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

19. HP3

HP3 Member

What were his injury exucess the last three years when he's sucked almost as hard?

No, that was Dwight AND Harden dude. And that was after Harden CARRIED the team to a second seed. He was till our best player in teh playoffs and then Dwight decided to suck the very next year. Dwight was never really that good here and sucked every continuing year. Dude also sucked every other team he went to after Houston until he was minimum signing for the Lakers.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

His WS was -0.2 and his BPM was -3.2, coupled with the fact that his USG% was 31.5% (only 0.9% less than Harden), I've never seen such awful numbers on any rotation players in a playoff team.