1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ - Harden wanted Wall over WB

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 3, 2020.

1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is true, and honestly I’ve found a silver lining regardless of the outcome. If it’s a bad trade it ****s Tillman and he can suck it so w.e

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I was confused on this since James came out in a mask for some strange reason? This vide was back in 2017 so pre Wall injury and probably why we ended up getting Chris Paul. Was confused when I saw fans ass to elbow in there!

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is always the silver lining

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

I think Harden would rather have lil baby over Russ too lol what a nice friend Harden can be

Zoplicone likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

On clutchfans and the media at least. Howard sucked and how many time should James feed him the ball, just to see him turn it over trying to be Hakeem. Or get fouled and miss free throws. Athletic as hell, but with poor to ordinary hands. He refused to be just a dunker, shot blocker and rebounder till a couple of other teams just let him go. Chris looked just about washed or in severe decline in his second season here, till he got mad and got in shape again. Must have been annoying to Harden who works hard to keep in shape. Russell, well he was just not a good fit and we have all detailed his shortcomings.

Harden can be annoying as we cater to him , but would be any better off if Lebron or Durant had passed through for a year or two. WE are not LA or Miami or the Bay Area, so we have to try a bit harder to hang on to our MVP superstar or be just another NBA city.

D-rock, waytookrzy079 and Patience like this.
  7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

The best thing about Westbrook being gone is soon I won't have to ****ing see people ****ing call him "WB".

*gag*

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how do you feel about JW

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Jumpshot Westbrook?

Please. He had no j

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What excites me about that clip is not so much James and Johns duel .. but seeing how much Capela opened up James' game. The floaters become a thing when there is a guy there that will catch the lob. Enter Wood and his similar athleticism around the rim PLUS a jumpshot? Should be fun.

D-rock, waytookrzy079 and Patience like this.
  11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Yeah, but that decrease in offensive efficiency wasn't Harden who had a ridiculous 67% TS% against the Lakers. Our problem was that 1) Westbrook wasn't healthy and 2) the other guys could score consistently when they were playing 4 on 3.

Ok, let's test your theory about Harden over the length of the series.

Against OKC

He goes for 37, 21, 38, 32, 31, 32 and 17. Game 7 he shot the ball horribly but it wasn't because it was easy to gameplan for. He was 1-6 on open or wide open 3s.

Against LAL

36,27, 33, 21, 30

He's got 30 point games in game 1, 3,4, 5 and 6 of the 1st round. He had 30 in gaems 1, 3 and 5 of the 2nd round. That doesn't match what you're describing.

Without Westbrook being at full strength, we simply didn't have enough scoring help for Harden. The Lakers had more talent than we had. The better team won.

Our "gimmick" offense is the very reason that we were able to hang with the Warriors in the playoffs.

clutchdabear, Deuce, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I wouldn’t believe any reports coming from the media about Harden. He’s not one to talk to media much, especially in the off season, and he doesn’t have an official agent to relay his thoughts.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Our gimmick offense wasn't why we hung with the Warriors. It was a incredibly inefficient series offensively for both teams with multiple games where both teams scored under 100 which is hard to do in the modern NBA. We hung in because our switch scheming defense forced GS to play outside their comfort zone on offense and were forced to play iso ball.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

D-rock, True Rocket and Patience like this.
  16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

:eek::mad::(

Those were horrible events, especially looking at the time and score. Ugh. I really wanted Westbrook to do well (I even bought a jersey FFS).

But there is no explanation or excuse for how bad he was in the playoffs, especially in crunch time like the above clips. As bad as he was, it was baffling at the time that he even had the ball in those situations. At some point, a guy has to know he is struggling, and defer to the star of the team.

D-rock and True Rocket like this.
  17. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I'm assuming that you're referring to the 2018 series due to your reference of the switching.

Golden State wasn't inefficient that series as they had a TS% of 58.3 for the series. That's extremely efficient.

D-rock likes this.
  18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

The way the Rockets played that series was the only way they could possibly play to have a chance to win. Limited GSW's possessions by not turning the ball over, switch everything to force them into ISO, etc. It worked.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Speaking of GSW.

20. riko

riko Member

I wish Harden would stop hanging out with these characters ..
    klay stepping on hardens feet and trying to injure him in the playoffs in 2019 happens to or Greens eye gauging . The game 6 and 7 refs intervention of the WCFs happens to.

D-rock likes this.