1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden opening Restaurant in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 3, 2020.

?

How good will it be as good as Yao's ?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. It could be better than Landry's

50 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Odds are Fertitta is at the very least helping Harden launch the restaurant

HoustonWest, Duke Fan and tinman like this.
  2. Classic

Classic Member

Can’t wait to try the A-1 Tomahawk

slothy420, Duke Fan and tinman like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Gourmet Bearded Turkey Legs.

4. Fantasma Negro

5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Just sign the supermax. + adidas money. Balling till 2nd round exit. Stripclub. Lifes good

Werever he goes. Odds of him winning only improves marginally due to the team being left only with vet min guys or gleague players to play with. Why bother

Patience likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum @Reeko @rocketsjudoka

I was going to suggest some people from the D&D to apply but I realize he doesn't want subway rejects

Fantasma Negro and J.R. like this.
  7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Harden is so rich that he can afford to build and staff and entire restaurant then piss off his customer base before grand opening.

slothy420 likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate him. I'd still eat at the restaurant. He's done soo much for the city and he's played his butt off for us.

My hate is all toward Tillman for blowing this thing up soo fast. I will boycott Landry's.

Patience and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

is Yao's still around?

10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Knowing the Chinese government if it was still around they probably told him to burn it to the ground or something.

11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Great timing on opening a restaurant James. What the heck is he thinking.

Duke Fan likes this.
  12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If you're going to eat at that shopping center, Kasra is the easy pick. I picked up take out from there once back in like 08. Lol

AKdaDawg, RasaqBoi, Classic and 2 others like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he shoulda looked into franchising with . . . In-N-Out

:cool:

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Go eat at Deshaun’s (co-owned) restaurant. Give Harden’s the Ayesha Curry treatment.

The first location of Lefty’s Famous Cheesesteaks, a Detroit-style sandwich shop co-owned by Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, will officially make its Houston debut next week.

The shop is set to make its debut at 8057 Kirby Drive, less than half a mile from the Texans’s home at NRG Stadium, on December 15. Founded in Detroit in 2010, this is the first Texas location for Lefty’s, which teamed up with Watson earlier this year for an expansion that will bring multiple locations of the sandwich shop to H-Town and beyond in the near future.

As far as the actual sandwiches are concerned, look forward to grilled ribeye served on super-soft hoagie rolls. Options include a classic cheesesteak topped with onions, cheese, and cherry peppers, and more inventive options like the Southpaw, which is garnished with cheese sauce and crushed Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. Burgers, salads, desserts, and snacks like cheesesteak egg rolls are also on the menu.

Don’t be surprised if you see Watson at Lefty’s, either — per a press release, the star quarterback plans to be a regular fixture at the restaurant, hosting charity events and making appearances.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If I had that kind of money, I'd open a KFC China in Houston. It would shame everybody who ever thought they had the right answer on Chic Fil'a vs Popeyes.

napalm06 likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Will it be better than the restaurant Ayesha/Steph Curry wanted to start in Houston?

{edit: JR beat me to it. still worth it.}

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

James Harden's new upscale restaurant in Houston isn't even open yet, but the place is getting flooded with bad reviews ... courtesy of a bunch of pissed-off Rockets fans!!

Despite being shipped to the Brooklyn Nets this week, Harden's restaurant -- named "Thirteen" after his jersey number -- is set to open its doors later this month.

A number of passionate fans used the restaurant's review section as an opportunity to troll the hell out of their new nemesis ... leaving a bunch of angry 1-star reviews of the place.

Here are a few examples of the reviews:

"Literal trash just like James harden"

"Owner doesn’t know how to cook it up in the court."

"Doesn't quite have that championship taste."

"toxic owner, food just never comes out finished. definitely a choking hazard. owner walked out on the chefs he brought in himself. wouldn’t touch this place with a 4 mile long pole."

One fan even used the same words from Harden's final post-game presser with the Rockets ... saying, "I literally have done everything that I can. I mean, this situation is crazy. It's something that I don't think can be fixed"

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

James Harden really should not get into the restaurant business-- tough competition and he has no expertise. He should have opened a strip club instead.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden must have been his own customer every day

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Zero chance this place makes it. Terrible timing and feel bad for the employees but he should have left the right way which he didn’t and too many folks are gonna hold that against him.