1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

only these trade will get interested for Houston right now.

Curry
    Gianns
    Durrant
    Leborn

It is better to retain harden, we have a good players in the team.

Getting other stars look like a bad trade and the final outcome will look like blazers, even get a lot of picks. Those are the stars, but not the right stars for champion.

#21 elmotsang, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I'm looking at Denver, Philly, and Miami.

Denver - One of Murray/MPJ, Bol Bol, Hampton, picks galore
    Miami - Herro (if there's a big jump), Achiuwa, picks galore
    Philly - Simmons, Thybulle, picks galore

Main focus is teams that become immediate conference contenders/favorites with Harden while the Rockets get back a young player who is already All-Star level or close to it (along with other assets to rebuild rest of the team).

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We haven't heard from Harden at all thru this whole mess - Not a single word one way or the other.

The only people we have heard these things from are talking heads and as we saw earlier today "Harden not in Houston" when he's been here all week .... they are often disingenuous.

Not signing that extension could simply be Harden putting pressure on the new front office to perform or he does want out. All we can do until we hear it from Harden is assume.

You really have to be prepared to go both ways ....

What really sucks ass about this situation is those picks owed to OKC being only top 4 protected - The league screwed us by changing the lotto rules after that trade - and there's a 1 in 5 chance you ship that pick to OKC even if you have the leagues worst record.

This is a nightmare scenario for a Rockets fan .... If Harden does want out , you aren't getting a player near his quality in return and any picks you get are likely tail end of the round as Harden can drag 4 dudes from the YMCA to the playoffs ....and tanking is risky with those pick protections.

That would make a package from GSW with that Minny pick enticing ..... but they can keep Klay or re-route him elsewhere.

#23 Corrosion, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  4. amaru

amaru Member

I also think Butler wanted some space between him and his biological family.

riko likes this.
  5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

The most obvious answer is Philly. You get a top 20 guy back, maybe a pick or 2, and an asset, similar to Melton, in Thybulle that can be dangled with a pick or picks to get a vet if you want to compete now.

I love Jimmy Buckets, but at this point I’m ready to rip the bandaid off. It’s been a fun ride.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. VoR

VoR Member

I'd only do Zach Lavine plus 2021 2022 first rounder for Harden.

Trade him anywhere and they are instant contenders.

7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Well good list and agree with most I’d add Denver potentially but for Boston you can def get Tatum off that list. There’s no way they’d trade him and Tatum and brown in a trade is something u would give up for like giannis whose 26 and locked up several years not a 31 year old

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Houston, Tx.

tinman likes this.
  9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Harden wants out? Dude has been given everything he’s asked for. By this point if he still wants out than I’m shipping him TF out. I’m not dealing with his crap, it’s bad enough, as the new GM (Rafael Stone), having to undue this mess he currently has the team in by demanding Westbrook. I think if you’re Harden you start appreciating the loyalty this franchise has shown you.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think what he has in mind is the Lebron way.

Get himself traded to a sure lock contender, get the Rockets tons of picks to start over.

Once he got that elusive championship, return like Lebron has to the place of origin, and help the young core with his fire proof experience.

He would be the returning hero.

Plowman likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think James is going anywhere. He signs and that's that.

But, just to speculate...

I agree with Rocketman7. The whole NBA should be considered. What's best for the Houston Rockets is what's really important.

That being said, of the four teams....

Forget Miami & GS...They don't have the necessary assets (that they'll part with)as far as I'm concerned.

After all is said and done, it comes back to Philly and Boston.

And of those two, it's STILL all about Ben Simmons + the world.

JoeBarelyCares and BamBam like this.
  12. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

You don't know if Harden still wants out lol so no need for this thread especially since there is a million other threads like this one

Sep11ie likes this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Philly, Boston, Brooklyn, Miami.

And I think Miami is a longshot.

Also think that Bam and Tatum are off the table.

15. sydmill

sydmill Member

With the talent coming up in the '21 and '22 drafts I would want to hoard as many selections as we can. I prefer going all in on next season and then, barring a miracle run that gets Harden to invest long term, tear it down. Hopefully, if it gets to that, Wall & EG will have upped their value and we can get a decent FRP for Woods. I think that, if done right, the talent acquisition part of the rebuild could be done in a relatively painless 2 seasons. Would just have to let the kids mature and learn how to win.

Highlyrated likes this.
  16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Ugh Herro, Robinson, Olynyk sounds like when the Sixers traded Barkley for Jeff Hornacek, Andrew Lang, and Tim Perry. Yuck. If that's the best you can do, just keep him.

(Full disclosure, I think we should keep him regardless, but that offer is just insulting)

JoeBarelyCares and riko like this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol @ the asking price on these. Harden over 30 which means whoever trades for him only has 2-3 years at a high level. he's not lebron.

Highlyrated likes this.
  18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

my underdog bet: Atlanta...but only for Ice Trae plus picks of course

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yeah, Lebron doesn't do mediocre teams. He always has a prime sidekick or he's OUT. This is why he ALWAYS signs 3 year deals with every team he plays for. He would have been gone from Houston years ago.

Highlyrated likes this.
  20. s3ts

s3ts Member

Harden asked for Brooklyn or Philly.

If one of those is willing to go all-in, seems like that's where he's likely headed.

Philly is more willing, but again, if I'm Tillman I stay the hell away from Morey.