1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Achilles injury recovery in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Dec 3, 2020.

1. onreego

onreego Member

This is a good interview. Liked the whole conversation about the 360 layup lol

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

?

Washington will fight to be a fringe playoff team in the leastern conference. It will be an “upgrade” to most the bullshit teams they have had for the last few decades. But in reality it’s not where anyone wants to be.

Westbrook is locking yourself into basketball purgatory. There is no bias on my end. Statistical factual results of what happens when Westbrook plays basketball is how I judge him.

He inefficiently stuffs the stat sheet but doesn’t meaningfully drive high end winning. Years of evidence prove this. And it’s been declining for years now.

When you come to this realization there is an understanding that you want no part of him on your team.

3. dmoneybangbang

Of course not.... I’ve never said it was entirely due to Harden. That’s just you having to resort to putting words in someone’s mouth.....

I presented evidence, you moved the goal posts. How about you prove defenders stick to harden and not sag off of him when he’s not on ball....

4. HP3

HP3 Member

You are the one who brought up the outcome of the series. You are the one who gave "evidence" from a game we won. You are the one who keeps talking about "Harden off ball" like it means anything. It doesnt mean anything and its a crappy argument you've been peddling. It's not even close to being what we should be focusing and its not why we've been losing in the playoffs.

You did not present evidence. LOL what did sagging off him actually do? They were still fairly close to him and when they werent the driver was already in the paint and made bone headed passes. Even in the last one Klay was very aware of where he was. Why do you keep making trash arguments? Sheeh man

5. dmoneybangbang

Because it’s one of the things we can actually control.... injuries are much harder to control and predict.

Go for 0-27 from three... maybe try something else.

Well then go post your own video.... The whole point of the video was showing hardens behavior when he’s off ball. He does nothing to help his team create and the defenders know it.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

If you are second best player is not playing up to snuff or injured, you are not going to beat the Durant Warriors. Harden going off ball would not have beat that. It would have changed nothing. Our roster was. not designed that way nor does it need to be. And FYI our offensive rating was good that series, defense by and large was a larger problem.

Ahh yes, the 0-27 argument, lovely lol. Only the mid range bricks could save us.

You're the one who made the claim. You posted three possessions(from a game we won lol) which didnt proof your point. His movement would have done nothing to help them throwing bad passes. Its a good thing Harden is one of the two best on ball creators in the league haha. Lol and if you think defenders are constantly sagging off of him from the 3 points line like thats somehow is hurting our offense you are well...lol wrong. Defenders arent leaving James Harden.

7. dmoneybangbang

Up to snuff? Well then how about you sacrifice for your second best player or team? We almost beat the Warriors twice... spare me. The margins count.

Again.... if jacking up 3s wasn’t working. We have this generational offensive player who couldnt score a bucket... any bucket to stop the bleeding.

You stans don’t make Harden accountable. Rocket team fans know better.

And you posted no real rebuttal and offered no evidence showing otherwise.

The entire point of the video was Rose showing Harden’s off ball indifference. We won the game but lost the series.... which is more important, the game or series?

8. amaru

amaru Member

That’s a part of it but jealously was clearly a factor. I’ve listened to testimonies from the female driver and several people there. Before the shooter showed up his girlfriend was going on and on about how attractive Nipsey was. Nipsey’s comments definitely played a role but jealousy was also in play.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

But bringing the conversation back to the original topic, I think it’s unlikely that our 3 Achilles guys return to their previous levels of production for a sustained period. For the record I don’t think think Durant or Thompson will either.

There sure have been a lot of Achilles injuries in the past few years.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO, sacrifice, 35 PPG on 60 TS% while Cp3 had horrible shooting that series and our defense was not good and you are talking about off ball? Spare me with your dumb garbage about how Harden off ball saves us. We do not run that kind of system or have those kinds of players conducive to running that system nor do we need too. Cp3 was fine the year before that. Harden off ball isnt making Cp3 not shoot like crap. You ignore what actually matters while you focus on this off the ball point which isnt nearly as important as your defense, nor your second best player crapping the bed.
    There is no player, barring Lebron who could have won under those circumstances. In fact in 2014-2015 when Lebron lost Kyrie and Love he had a 47 TS%.

Harden is the main reason we are there in to begin with. When Harden gives you amazing offensive production and your other teammates arent up to snuff against high level(historically at that) then something needs to change and its not the guy keeping you in ball games. I'm a rockets fan who's not a moron. You're a dude who just cant analyze a situation.

Well 1. Your own video didnt show the evidence you say it did. 2. We won that game. 3. Im not going to post videos of dude's guarding James Harden at the three point life cause that is idiotic. Cause guy's are by in large sticking to Jame Harden. Its idiotic to think dude's are constantly leaving him open or that they are leaving him to make defensive plays.

But it doesnt show that??? LOL it doesnt prove your point. Jaelen Rose is not a good basektball analyst either. And AGAIN WE DID NOT LOSE because of James Harden not going off ball goofy looooooool. We lost because of defense and Cp3 not playing up to his standards. I dont know how clearer I can make that.

#250 HP3, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  11. dmoneybangbang

The results are the results. You Stans want to maximize Harden, I want to maximize the team. You don't want to hold Harden accountable as the franchise player, I do.

Harden is both the solution and the problem. We will never build a perfectly complimentary team around him, if Harden can't tweak his game to help out CP3 and WB then what will change? How will Wall be much different? How much better can Harden get at ISO?

I’m not sure if you have a learning disability or you are truly incapable of having a rational basketball discussion about CP3, Harden, and WB. I’m guessing the latter.... You still havent posted a video or article...

#251 dmoneybangbang, Dec 4, 2020
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden is already maximized, that's not what you are getting. The best teams in the NBA maximize their teams through their best players. I hold Harden accountable, he does dumb things in the clutch has lazy turnovers and can flat out just have poor games. BUT, he's not the main problem and never has been. With our roster, we have been maximizing our team. Some dudes just didnt play up to snuff or we didnt have enough pieces to play good defense, you know that side of the ball you never pay attention too.

We built a complementary team around him with Cp3. Cp3 then got old and didnt play up to snuff in the playoffs(which happens sometimes) Harden doenst need to tweak his game to help Cp3 shoot better, that's not how it works. Cp3 was just having a down year and needed to bounce back. He's not a drastically different player on OKC either. And Russ LOL, Russ was trash, end of story. He's not a winning player and he hasnt been in the playoffs for a long time. I donno maybe Wall will be better , maybe he wont be. Im not so gungho about his trade. We just need a guy who can make some more adjustments. Harden doesn only run Iso, its like you guys dont even watch out games.....sheesh man.

You just dont know basketball. Cp3 should have stayed here Harden and Tillman(large blame goes on him) should have stayed out of Morey's way. Cp3 is a baller and I wanted him to stay. Westbrook was trash and their is no helping him and you arent winning a championship with him as your second best player. Giving him the ball more is a trash idea.

#252 HP3, Dec 4, 2020
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Greenlight coming back from leg injury too.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

According to your 'stats'. Westbrook makes teams worse, not better.

So how can a team that didn't make the playoffs last year, acquire a player that, according to the advanced stats that you worship, make the playoffs after receiving a player that 'statistically' makes a team worse?

Years of evidence? Years of evidence says Wall is worse than Westbrook and Westbrook has been on more winning teams than Wall, not even close there. But hey, them stats. Harden's best year he had a better VORP than Hakeem's championship years. Them stats tho. Harden KILLS Hakeem when it comes to BPM...them stats tho! Harden's best years, better than Hakeem's championship years with Win Shares...them stats.

So many stats would say Harden > Hakeem, so lets always blindly follow stats. It would literally make us ignore Westbrook leading teams to the Western Conference and would put Harden > Hakeem (and probably many other multi-time champions) because of advanced stats.

Stats do not provide context, they are there to explain what has happened and sometimes they can be wrong. If a guy is taking a team in a historically great conference to the playoffs, if another player had his best year playing with this player, then that means that the stats are wrong about the player. They're just numbers, you're providing the narrative.

Speaking of Basketball purgatory, bro, I'm not sure what you think the Rockets are doing. Their situation is no better than the Wizards, in fact, it's worse, because the Wizards have their draft picks and two highly rated prospects in Hachimura and Deni.

#254 JayGoogle, Dec 4, 2020
  15. VoR

VoR Member

HGH yo. Legal in rehab.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

@HP3 don’t even waste your time bro...dude is a Westbrook stan who gets posterized in every debate, but still keeps coming with the same bullsh*t

some of his takes including making up fan fiction about how CP3 probably had an issue with Harden during the 17-18 season...it’s all just stupid nonsense that’s usually not even worth the effort of a reply

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

The results are the results.

18. dmoneybangbang

Insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

19. csc177

csc177 Member

I was just going to post this.

If you fast forward to the 36min mark he explains his Achilles injury, which happened as a result of the heel surgery he had previously....it was a slight tear not a complete tear like Boogie, Kobe and Durant.

great interview though - gives you an understanding of who Wall is.

onreego likes this.
  20. csc177

csc177 Member

Yikes...

I’m taking the glass half full approach. I hope we’re the “Achilles heal” for all the contending teams in the west!

D-rock likes this.