1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All City jerseys revealed

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Dec 3, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/1...uniforms-for-the-2020-2021-season/basketball/

To me the clear winners here are the Heat, Grizzlies and Bucks. Creative, a new twist on a familiar jersey and just makes them pop. Rockets easily bottom 5, what a cheap design and I love blue.

Hornets should’ve used purple accents, no yellow / gold, and more popping stripes to really be good. Brooklyn should’ve just went with BK, that LN just ruins it. Raptors are solid but that gold trim is too much, I like the number to the side and claw as a touch.

krmclaughlin likes this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Utah, Miami, Denver. We’re in the bottom 5.

krmclaughlin likes this.
  3. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I like the Pelicans' jerseys a lot, and San Antonio's.

Rockets jerseys are a disappointment in comparison to all the others. Couldn't be bothered to come up with anything interesting or cool. It's way past time for a full logo/uniform overhaul.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Houston is going with an unusual colour for their team this year, it’s light blue which looks to be nod to the City of Houston’s flag. Across the chest in white with red trim is “H-Town”, an informal nickname for the city.”

Guess I’m gonna embarrass myself: no idea the CoH had a flag. :D

Yeah, don’t think it’s a nod to the flag.

[​IMG]

Potential to be better but not bottom 5.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/12/03/nba-city-edition-jerseys-ranked

10. Houston Rockets
    I struggled on where to rank these. They are not the best and a bit generic, but I think P.J. Tucker is going to put together an incredible sneaker rotation every time they wear these.

https://fansided.com/2020/12/03/nba-city-edition-jersey-rankings/

13. Houston Rockets
    While they didn’t quite nail the vision they were going for, anything attempting to bring the Houston Oilers’ old red, white, and baby blue color scheme back will get high marks in my book.

https://www.bardown.com/the-nba-s-2020-21-city-edition-jerseys-ranked-1.1559582

17. Houston Rockets

An all-blue look for the Houston Rockets is neat, and it’s a nice local homage to the city’s former NFL team, the Houston Oilers. As you’ll see, though, the Milwaukee Bucks are going with a better version of this jersey this year.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I saw something similar to these years ago [​IMG]

tmoney1101 likes this.
  6. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

If it's Houston OIlers why the darker blue? Would look so much cleaner with white trim.

Patience likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disagree, New Orlean is nice

When I compare ours to the Les Alexnder Beijing edition, it actually represents the city of Houston's space program/Oilers past

and 'H-Town' is in english

STR8Thugg likes this.
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Nearly all of these are just ok and the Rockets’ is somewhere in that group. I probably like ours more than most of them.

Chicago and Milwaukee are nice. Miami’s is by far the best.