1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] [Shams] Rockets trade Westbrook for Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 2, 2020.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

How did he slow down Harden? Is he talking tempo or what? Harden is the slowest player in the league.

HP3 likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

The problem is I know WB doesn't suck as much as you say.....

In the context of Harden.... WB....Wall......

....WB is not and I just proved it.

I wouldn't be surprised..... But its not very relevant. We knew that when we traded for Wb.... Harden knew that too...

Harden statistically struggles moreso.....

They are both elite creators.... albeit stylistically different.

Harden needed to do same thing with CP3...... The difference between Harden and WB playmaking is far less than their shooting ability. I want to maximize the team.... you want to maximize Harden. I would never suggest Harden only plays off ball, just that he needs to do it more. Standing at half court didn't help CP3 or WB....

Ben McLemore has never run on an offense on a playoff team...... WB has. Try again.

Ok? I wouldn't want WB shooting the ball or playing Harden still ISO..... I went him attacking the defense, putting them on their heels, and hit open shooters/cutters... To lie and say there's no blueprint for WB success is just a pathetic lie.

It's very simple but basketball goes over your head..... I mean the McLemore example was very telling the level of discourse you are capable of.....

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Probably meant that he hindered Harden from being the best player he could be. I dunno.

HP3 likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Are you saying Capela didn't have a soft tissue injury and was doubtful for the remainder of the season?

Are you saying Capela wasn't in trade talks before last season?

Are you saying we havent been playing more isoball and less PNR?

Woods and Boogie are shooting big man...... are you saying we wouldn't have acquired either player on a WB team? ... or there wasn't an opportunity. We did grab uncle jeff during the WB year.....

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, you don't "know" that, you believe that he doesn't suck because apparently you are a superfan, which is fine.

In the context of the entire league, what I said was literally a fact.

LOL, Harden literally does not struggle moreso and it's beyond hilarious you trying to paint that scrub Wesbrook as an "elite" creator. It simply is not in touch with reality.

You do not maximize the team by taking the ball out of the hands of literally the best creator in the league and putting it in the hands of an absolute scrub like Westbrook. The way you maximize the team is by yeeting Westbrook the hell off the team or at very least keep him nailed to the bench. He has no business on a basketball court for a team that has any hopes of contention.

I don't know how you became such a Westbrook superfan, but it's just really weird. Perhaps you just like flash over substance, I don't know.

Again, take a look beyond raw stats like points per game and you'll see that Westbrook was outright garbage all last season....and he was even worse in the playoffs.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol...they desperately want Harden in BK...it’s funny to see

D-rock and Ben Frank like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

I love it..... when you don't have a real argument..... commit a logical fallacy.

And yet I just posted the fact that Wall is more turnover prone..... Whoops.

It's beyond clear you still haven't gotten over WB wrongly MVP over Harden..... Why bother posting stats showing WB being a top creator in the league when you'll just ignore them..... Yes, last year wasn't part of WB's resume of being a top creator.

LOL. An "absolute scrub".

You do when the other guy can't shoot but has a factual history of running an offense for a playoff team.

There you go again.... you really have nothing of substance left. LOL.

WB sucked overall last year......no doubt.

WB sucked when he was injured during the playoffs.... no doubt.

But why does that erase everything he's done on OKC? You seem to have a habit of getting too emotional.... just like Tjones vs Dmo.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Slow downed as in held him back with his horrible play.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

They didnt double Murray the whole game, I dont even know what you are talking about bro. You should understand that doubling for 1 or two possessions is not the same thing as being constantly doubled the whole game.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

did anyone post this yet?

apollo33 and D-rock like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It doesn’t matter. James wasn’t doubled the whole games either. You switch it up. Murray faced doubles half the game. The point is elite defensive teams don’t care. If they want to get the ball out of a players hand they double. They can live with the results. That’s why they say you die by the 3 because teams generally can’t make enough against an elite defense over the course of a series. Claiming there would be no doubles if we had another shooter is patently false. You don’t know ****

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

She could move to H-Town, right?

13. HP3

HP3 Member

YES HE WAS. Loooool, go ask PJ Tucker that question. No Murray didnt, oh my god. No you just make adjustments so we can keep playing our game. If we had an another star on our team capable of running on offense and isnt a liability as a shooter we could have won, yes. We need another player out there who isnt SO SO BAD from 3 like Rivers and Westbrook. Ever seen teams really double Harden with Cp3 in the playoffs ....lol, keep dreaming. You dont know anything about basketball. I regret calling out your low IQ posts.

14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

15. HP3

HP3 Member

You're a good guy, hope you have success.

don grahamleone and Vivi like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

She's a DC stan.

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

NO HE WASNT. You are just a cp3 cuck. I bet you have C and 3 tattooed on each @ss cheek.

yes James got doubled even with cp3. They would just let him dribble dribble dribble then send a late double so one pass and jack up a three.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Then you need to get your eyes checked. You dont know what the hell are you talking about. He was the best player we ever put next to Harden and one of the best PGs the game has seen, its not my fault you are too dumb to see this.

Want to know what the difference is

19. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Its like Westbrook never played with Ibaka, Adams. I mean it so appearant he can't function with big men.

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It was a roller coaster ride with Russ. He didn’t get to show out in the bubble, and I’m quite sure it was because of that injury to his knee and covid.

It’s a shame it had to go down like that, but that’s sports. Russ was dropping 30 regularly and with great efficiency before the bubble, and we didn’t get to see that in the playoffs. We’ve suffered thru stars being injured before, difference is we could still win a round pretty much with Harden alone because he’s that good. With T-Mac (who was my favorite player at the time) we got buried in 6 games in the first round against the likes of boozer. I digress...good luck in Washington, Russ!

It seems to me like the harden era of the rockets is ending. I know it’s still up for interpretation, but honestly it looks like he’s gone. If so, it’s a shame and it sucks that it didn’t culminate in a championship because we all know that James, for all his faults, put the work in and tried to carry the rockets to a championship. He had his chances and he fell short. Good luck to James as well wherever he ends up.