1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tempt Fate: Trade for Draymond

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

There is a unique opportunity here to get someone that perfectly fills the needs in our current roster.

We do not have a legitimate playmaker after Harden and Wall.

We need a quality post defender, as Wood is better as a weak side rim protector.

Tucker is aging and on the last year of his contract. We need a defensive difference maker for the future.

Enter Draymond Green. He is exactly the type of PF you want playing next to Wood, and covering for Harden on the defensive end.

GSW is in a unique position here. This has the potential to be an inflection point for them with Klay down for the 2nd season in a row. Could they be tempted to do a then-and-now move for Gordon, PJ and multiple picks? Maybe not, but I’m not 100% certain they wouldn’t at least discuss it.

Wall
    Harden
    House
    Draymond
    Wood

Now the potential for explosion would be off the charts. Draymond is just the type of guy that could easily drive Harden away, as he did with Durant. But maybe he learned something from the experience.

If GSW is game...LETS GO!!!

Landsdale likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

not sure how gordon/tucker (even with picks) can tempt anyone to part with donkey. combined, they are like 95 years old.

roslolian likes this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Gordon can potentially be rerouted to a 3rd team as part of the deal, so from GSWs perspective, it could be Tucker And picks for Draymond. Tucker is a significantly better shooter, not the same caliber defender but still very good. In this case (Gordon to a 3rd team), it would cut their payroll taxes dramatically, though their actions show they don’t seem to care much about that.

I’m not sure how Wiseman factors into everything. That’s kind of the interesting part to it. GSW is at an inflection point. They could ultimately decide to tank. They certainly didn’t make tank-like moves in the offseason, but let’s see how things play out.

Jontro likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

i wouldnt give up PJ and eric plus picks for donkey.

donkey is 6'6" over 30 and isnt that great of a shooter.

helps your perception of being a good passer when steph and klay can make 45 % .

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

we would definitely need everyone else that plays with him to be a shooter. But his offense isn’t the main reason reason I would trade for him.

He and Kawhi are literally the best defenders in the NBA. He can legit guard 1-5, and gives us the presence necessary to build a top 10 defense. You work out the offensive kinks to make that work, and lean on your new head coach.

it’s a risk for sure, but a calculated one.

6. sungjina

sungjina Member

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

basically... donkey's a b**** and nobody likes him. i didn't know he's over 30 doe. thought he's like 28-29. that changes things.

8. HardenVolumeOne

he wouldnt get away with berating the refs on the rockets like he does with the warriors

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Must have just turned 30. Still, 5 years younger than Tucker.

my main concern is that he’s just a perfect fit in GSW and his shooting limitations are exposed without guys like Steph and Klay. Also, those guys play well off ball...that’s not Harden or Walls game. So the questions about his fit on offense are legit.

At the same time, we are at the point where we need to start adding ball movement into the offense. Could Draymond be a Boris Diaw and function with a bunch of high IQ players even if they aren’t all world shooters? Maybe, but I’ll admit that’s a leap for several involved.

5-out needs to stay. But ISO as the foundation of our offense needs to go. Adding Wall and Wood hasn’t changed that. Draymond would necessitate it.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Naw, leave fate alone.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It should be mandatory for every OP to answer an essay question on whether they put even a seconds thought into whether the other team would do this, before they're allowed to hit post.

This is utter garbage.

Golden State laughs in our face for any player on this roster not named James Harden.

I've never taken drugs, but I'd love to try whatever you're on which makes you think Draymond Green is accessible via Tucker and Eric Gordon.

LFE171 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tempt fate would basically be.

Washington's Beal (and Rui Hachimura) for Harden.

All Wizards Kentucky frat.

The Houston Ex Morey Wizards.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you guys still get that james going to be traded. lol

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

facts he still good on D but he’s not the same guy he was 3-4 years ago.

but other than that he’s really not that good. Ya he’s standard for a big who can set the screen and go down hill and kick out. That’s great when your a mvp on D but he’s not anymore.

I’m sure cousins can set a pick go down hill and kick it out so I don’t see the point of getting green.

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

We dont even have money to pay Cousins if he works out why you trying to get another old overpaid dude on the roster?

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Didnt think I could root for Chris Paul, but I did. Didnt think I could root for Austin Rivers, but I did. Didnt think I could root for Russel Westbrook, but I did.

Im drawing the line at this donkey faced b*stard right here though.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wall, Cousins, and Draymond in the same locker room with a 1st year head coach? U want to create the modern day Jail Blazers?

D-rock, clutchdabear and PCT24 like this.
  19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

As long as Harden is the focal point, I don't think you can surround him with a lineup that includes more than one non-shooter/offensive liability. It's just not going to work. And at that price you are really locking yourself in.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

-I'm sure we could just find some big, bumbly D leaguer, sign him to the minimum and put him in solely to kick testicles.

-Hey while we're at it, let's off North Korea Gordon and Tucker for Dennis Rodman.

-Random Trade Thread 2020-2021, post 1948285024:
    Gordon and Tucker for an actual 6'4" Nutcracker statue who says no?

These are the jokes I have for this thread.