1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Harden had 8 points in a closeout game to a much inferior team. He's got warts too. What he doesn't have is what Kawhi did in Toronto.

2. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Harden just posted about his new Houston restaurant on his Instagram story.

Harden staying confirmed

He doesn't need 50 mil a year, he's gonna take a paycut later too

H-town legend

BamBam, rhee, Amel and 3 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

That was one game, he didnt blow a 3-1 lead. Give me a break. You want to start that series over without Kawhi and see what happens lol. Harden is better than him. Harden had better numbers than him this playoffs too. Also what he did in Toronto is beat an injury ridden Warriors team that a Harden led team was much more competitive against with a much better team.

D-rock likes this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol the first two 2.5 games they played their traditional lineup. we have nothing for them with AD at the 5. again you keep talking about the offense. we could not guard them and its as simple as that. there is no way in hell the rockets were going to win that series.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No I am not. My earlier post.

Once again, agree to disagree.

D-rock likes this.
  6. riko

riko Member

We got Woods and Cousins now. AD will now have to play defense and respect our bigs.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Facts are not bragging.

It is reality.

Fantasy is trying to spin an obvious positive into a negative based entirely on aesthetics.

8. diehardrockets

Just saw this. Of course it's still possible to do this and leave, but opening a new bar in January in Houston doesn't seem like a move that Harden would do if he planned on leaving.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Could James be declining more money to allow roster building? You know like the opposite of what Chris Paul did.

HardenVolumeOne, rhee and D-rock like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Hardens new restaurant has complimentary free lap dance. The booty connoisseur that he is he has selected the best rumps to keep his customers satisfied

rhee and diehardrockets like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I hear he's going to be compensated in bulk frozen shrimp futures and tankers of cocktail sauce. Company man!

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mean he bought a stake of the Houston Dynamo. It means absolutely nothing. He can have people run operations from him while he is playing away from the City. Does he even live here during the summer?

D-rock and diehardrockets like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He also never had the team around him that he could miss 20+ games and still finish with 53 wins

14. diehardrockets

Yeah he just bought this last year:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-harden-scores-big-with-ber-houston-home/amp/

And he lived in Royal Oaks in Houston since he became a Rocket. I mean in this day and age you can't assume anyone, much less a multimillionaire superstar NBA player, would be tied down to a specific location because of opening a new business or buying stake in a sports team. I'm definitely sure whether he's staying here or not, he won't be a part of its operations at all lol. I'm just pointing out how the timing of opening a bar on Washington is interesting- especially when all we've heard up to this point has apparently been mostly rumor and speculation anyway

BamBam, ElPigto and D-rock like this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Rockets are about to trade Harden to Brooklyn for Dinwiddie, Lavert, Harris and Randal with some picks.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Trust me, I know. I majored in Journalism in college and what passes for “sports journalism” today is garbage in a lot of cases.

diehardrockets and Boston84 like this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Yes, he could.

Rudyc281 and rhee like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member