1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Left foot injury but came back 100% weeks before the bubble.

https://www.nba.com/bulls/features/bulls-2019-2020-season-recap-otto-porter-jr

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  2. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Scaled down CHI - ORL - HOU trade

CHI: E. Gordon (HOU)

ORL: Young (CHI) + House (HOU) + POR 2021 FRP via HOU + 2021 HOU SRP

HOU: A. Gordon (ORL) + S&T Shaq Harrison (CHI) into $2.5M TPE

HOU Starters: Brodie - Beard - AG - CWood - Boogie

HOU Bench (some combo of):
    Guards: Harrison - Clemons - Hall - Jones
    Wings: Nwaba - McLemore - Brown - Htine GG
    Forwards: Tuck Wagon - Tate - Martin Jr.
    Bigs: Dedmon - Caboclo

Group 1: WB (alpha / initiator) - Nwaba (3&D) - Brown (3&D) - AG (initiator / scorer) - Boogie (P&R / offense) (or Dedmon)

Group 2: Beard (alpha / initiator) - Harrison (3&D) - BMac (3/no D) - Tuck (3&D) - CWood (P&R / rim runner) (or Dedmon)

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

I like most of it.

Tucker’s value is going to drop as his playing time goes down and importance to the team isn’t as much & he wants to get paid & he is just like the rest of us getting older. The time to trade him is now if not yesterday. As for his relationship with Harden. Harden has one foot out the door with the Rockets so trying to please him doesn’t matter anymore. (If your girlfriend is starting to talk to other men you wouldn’t co-sign on a car for her would you? No matter what she can do for you personally. It’s over, both of you are just looking for a way out & waiting on the lease to end. You still want the “favors” and the holidays are coming up so choose to go somewhere so you get a quick return on investment, you know it’s over so you take her somewhere nice but over the top; buying her something tangible is never going to be successful because it’s never enough because it’s over. So your starting to look around for a new place to live without saying to much and starting a fight. I know I been in this spot a couple of times —> worst thing to do is start spending money on her. Spend on y’all yes, her no. —> my life experiences). translation TEAM yes / Player no

Eric Gordon’s value is low because of an off / injury filled year; like stock buy low / sell high. Keeping him does two things at one time he will fill the void left in the rotation by Westbrook departure and builds back his trade value. EG is a solid 2 way player on a bigger contract than his play at the moment. Hopefully he out plays his contract in a larger role, then we can move him for younger talent.

House is not the best of people according to what we witnessed in the bubble. But, we aren’t looking for friends but cheap depth at both forward spots —> he is very much that.

All that said keep Gordon & House move Tucker & Harden felling are no longer a priority because he is choosing to no longer thinking long term with the organization. —> Try not to upset him for the sake of looking for entertainment but he needs to know TEAM first.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love this option as well.

Porter is an elite 3ball shooter so would like him as well but this option allows Rockets to keep Russ.

May have to give Bulls Clemons & SRP or Sanon's rights for Harrison SnT.

Great job!

jch1911 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Under certain conditions I could give up Tucker. Under certain conditions I could forgive House.

But I do not see a situation where House is the better option if choice is between House and Tucker.

Tucker's value will increase at trade deadline especially for playoff contenders needing a glue guy and near elite 3-D player.

That is Tucker, not House. No matter the age difference.

I have no problem trading Tucker, but I think we can afford to wait to increase his value.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hield and Luke Walton are still on the outs. Monte is Kings GM.

There may be a deal to be had.

https://tradenba.com/trades/NmOHl_Q8T

PHI: Buddy Hield, Nemanja Bjelica, Danuel House
    ORL: Tobias Harris, Ben McLemore, Justin James
    SAC: Evan Fournier, Eric Gordon + 76ers FRP + Rockets FRP
    HOU: Aaron Gordon, Matisse Thybulle, Ryan Broekhoff + 76ers SRP

*Kings get SF to replace Bogdan & 2 FRP; Magic get spacers and 3ball shooters; 76ers get best player in Hield + better offensive players.

*Only caveat is have to wait 3 months for Broekhoff to be eligible or do trade now with 23 year old 6'7 Furkan Korkmaz (40% 3P last season) who is more versatile offensively (better passer/ball handler) but lesser defender & rebounder.

6'3 Russ/6'5 Nwaba
    6'5 Harden/6'5 Brown
    6'5 Thybulle/6'7 Broekhoff
    6'8 AG/6'5 Tucker
    6'10 Wood/6'10 Cousins

Rockets also save 2.2M could use in SnT with Bulls for backup PG upgrade in Shaq Harrison.

#967 D-rock, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    randerson likes this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

I think our disconnection is you think Tucker’s value will go up and I think his value is as high as it will ever be as a Rocket because of the direction the team is going in. In fact I can’t see it even staying the same because his role is going to change.
    You asked the difference between the two well age / salary / skill & size. The biggest difference is humanity but that for another time.
    This is all from the prospective of the proposed trade; all five starting positions are filled. Meaning roles are going to change for some of the tenured players. Tucker is over paid to be the 7th or 8th man, IMO. Where House’s skill / contract / size / development is a perfect fit for the role. Tucker is still better player than House but for how much longer is yet to be seen.
    Time to cash out on Tucker because your starting lineup and 6th man are better than him, now. Porter, AG, Wood, Cousins.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Trade Harden to New Orleans for a maxxed-out Brandon Ingram, Eric Bledsoe, and all their picks.

Tank and rebuild on the fly while watching the 2010 Kentucky Wildcats put up at least an entertaining effort to prove that the medical community has finally solved how to rehabilitate torn Achilles muscles.

dfbreyes and ilias like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I predict Harden gets traded to Atlanta soon

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I keep hearing Buddy Hields name being associated with the Rockets. What up with that???

D-rock and rhee like this.
  12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Gordon, Tucker and 2 1st for Draymond Green

Wall / Brown
    Harden / McLemore
    House / Nwaba / Brown
    Draymond
    Wood / Cousins

Having Draymond eliminates the need for a 3rd playmaking guard. He hurts your shooting some, but that is less of a concern as a forward/center.

Defensively, perfect. Exactly the type of forward you want playing with Harden. If Harden commits to signing the extension if you make the deal for Draymond, you give them all the picks they want.

#972 finsraider, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  13. ilias

ilias Member

A Harden for Young, Collins, Hunter, Snell trade works salary-wise.

That would be a pretty good haul for Harden, but cannot see the Hawks trading their prodigal son; even if a Harden-Capela pick-and-roll combo flanked by great shooters/playmakers in Bogdan/ Gallo plus Reddish/Huerter, would be the best offense the NBA has ever seen.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think trading either of those guys depends upon the Harden situation .... If he's staying , you need them , if not , get what you can for them and hope the lottery balls fall in your favor.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It would not involve Trae. I’m saying they’re doing it with the intent to team Trae and Harden up together. It would involve Collins Reddish Heurter Hunter the guy they drafted 6th overall this year and future picks.

That’s probably the biggest haul of a rebuild a team can offer with that team being able to compete by having Harden team up with Trae and Clint, as well as vets like Gallo BB and Rondo. Houston would probably give them Tucker as well.

16. R=$

R=$ Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why not send those EGo, House + 2 FRP for a younger longer more explosive player like AG instead?

Draymond's defense has been subpar the last 2 seasons and he's only 30.

Wall/McLemore
    Harden/Brown
    Tucker/Nwaba
    AG/Bruno
    Wood/Cousins

18. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

Gordon, Nwaba, Clemons & 2 1sts for Victor Oladipo or the same package for Buddy Hield

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Eric Gordon for Thad Young

Aaron Holiday into our TPE for a pick

Wall / Holiday
    Harden / Brown or McLemore
    House / Nwaba
    Tucker / Young
    Wood / Cousins

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I’m good with that too, but no House. I think he’s more important than we’re giving him credit for.

Corrosion likes this.