1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taken Out At Dawn and Shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by krosfyah, Dec 1, 2020.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'm distressed that in the United States, it's hard to differentiate now from all the Banana Republic countries and the Ish-hole countries that we were all told growing up that we were operating on a higher moral authority. We literally cannot say that anymore when high level representatives consistently feel empowered that this type of rhetoric is acceptable to our US values.

Trump campaign lawyer stirs outrage by saying ex-cyber chief should be 'taken out at dawn and shot' (msn.com)

I recently reread the US Constitution and was struck by the 2nd line in the Preamble. Everybody knows the 1st line but it was nice for me to re-read it all and reflect.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

I understand the Preamble is not law. Instead, the preamble is meant to capture the spirit of the law as it's impossible to codify every possible legal scenario. That's why the preamble is so important because as Americans, if we can't agree on our common value system, the whole constitution itself is open to interpretation because it can be justified away with an endless barrage of technicalities and exceptions until only a house of cards is left.

/soapbox

So I'd like to ask this guy, which of these US values immortalized into the US Constitution preamble does his statement represent?

Fun Fact for those that didn't know: The US Constitution is the oldest constitution in the world. Hey Europe! Eat that!

2. Nook

Nook Member

This is Trumpian rhetoric........ Steve Bannon has said similar things about Fauci and the Director of the FBI.... said they should be beheaded.....

They have a reason for it, and must believe that it plays politically, but I find it all very odd.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Honestly it is time to start charging them with a crime and putting them on trial - we need decency back in this country in a major way.

DD

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's all the same with these people. Projection.

If they're criminals, they scream about corruption and fraud.

If they're cowards, they scream about jailing and killing people.

The conga line of Trump loyalists leads straight to a courtroom.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

What I wouldn't give to be on a jury when the time comes.

VooDooPope likes this.
  6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Agree but suing everybody doesn't seem like the answer to me. If you lose the case, they are emboldened. Even if you win, they will use that as ammo to make the case the government as run afoul.

Saw an article recently that illustrated which states hate other states the most. Basically, the states usually hate their direct neighbor the most. For example, the Dakotas both hate each other as do the Carolinas. W. Virginia hate Virginia. Arizona hates California. Michigan hates Ohio and vice versa. Down the line.

The irony is your neighbor is whom you very likely have the most in common with relative to someone on the other side of the country. Extend that to rival high schools, universities and even most countries (UK and Ireland). It's the Hatfield and McCoys syndrome. (just coined that phrase)

Divided people usually only unite during times of hardship or confronting a common enemy. I was hoping C19 would be that but like everything else, Trump successfully flips the script and takes it on offense.

Invisible Fan and arkoe like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

he needs to get charged with making criminal threats and/or inciting violence, and steps should also be taken towards getting him disbarred

8. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Imagine, a republican state elections official, needing to ask a republican president and a republican congress to act responsibly? This is how far the republican party has fallen as they follow trump down...

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Walks back with the trumpy "just joking" story...

No Worries likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

ha, gtf on outta here

I knew he would play the “I was just joking” card

everyone associated with Trump is just a sh*tty person

edwardc, Surfguy, IBTL and 1 other person like this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If this was a dem it would be ok with yall.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Link?

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He is the missing link.

IBTL likes this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The depths you will go to embarrass yourself.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Awful.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. swakid8

swakid8 Member

While I am nor for defunding the military, military has to be reign in some though. I’ve seen in my time while I was in with how much wasteful spending was going on with the military contracts of building new submarines. A brand new submarine gets built with old equipment, a year its commissioning for the US Navy, it goes back into the ship yards for modernizing (all of the tactical equipment that installed during construction gets ripped out and replaced)... I’m like really, how about modernize it from the get go if you knew this was going to happen.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

But it wasn't a dem, so it's okay with you. And before you start lying about how it isn't okay with you, explain why you felt compelled to project rather than condemn it.

And, by the way, Joe Biden is President-Elect.

Anticope, Ziggy, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he's a Racist Cult 45

Colt45 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately the Preamble has been ignored a lot recently and during much of the history of the US.

I don't know if what DiGenova said is technically illegal and he's not a government lawyer but a campaign lawyer so he is a private citizen. It is very irresponsible though for him to say things like that and certainly adds to the ongoing division. It's pretty clear to me that there is a whole segment of the media that wants and encourages these type of extremist statements.

jiggyfly likes this.