1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I tried Warzone tonight on PS5, coming from PS4 (non-Pro edition) and yes, it played noticeably smoother and booted/loaded significantly faster, BUT I also noticed the picture was brighter. Anyone hear anything about that or have any insight? The difference is so staggering that despite using the same HDMI input (and settings) - I feel like I need to recalibrate. I've dialed down the panel brightness a good 30 notches. The thing is, previously when playing Warzone, I sometimes could not even see enemies at all against black backdrops.

I've also run into this issue below a few times on the home screen upon boot, but am able to quickly fix it by toggling with picture settings (like RGB on the PS5). Any info on it? Not really a big deal, but hardly ideal. It's not the HDMI cable. Doubt it's the CPU overclocking. Seems like a TV setting or soundbar compatibility issue. I use an eARC enabled soundbar.

tinman likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

After all that effort, you got a defective PS5...maybe? WOW...Sony. I know there a few XBX with issues...but Sony seems to be having more issues. Both are rushing production to meet demand. I know MS is releasing the first software update...this week...I think.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That brightness malfunction has nothing to do with hardware and is likely due to a firmware issue with either the PS5 or TV. Several ppl in the thread said they already found a solution.

Also Sony outsold Xbox by at least 2x according to data, so it's obvious you'd see a bit more issue reports. Sony already brought out several firmware updates as well.

But weird how you still **** on Sony non-stop because of your past PS3 issues, when basically every 360 owner had to get his replaced (I did twice) and the XSX also has its share of issue reports.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. The 2 to 1 was first day sales where both sold out. Don’t care how many Sony sales....Im sure they will sell more( MS doesn’t care either). MS is all about gamepass...which is included in my ALL-ACCESS XBX (which is why I was able to get a XBX stress free...credit ran...gamestop came to me when they had stock). No-Interest financing is better than using a credit card. Same thing Apple does to bundle AppleCare with iPhones.

The point being, Microsoft learns from its failures and adapts. Sony (as a company) is reliant on PS sales, they will not go the extra mile to keep them because it costs more money in the short term...without thinking long term. MS...the Xbox is still a just a lucrative “hobby”.

The difference between the PS3 and 360 is how Sony handled it. MS owned their issue and replaced my Xbox for FREE(Actually upgraded to the first Black version). Later, they offered a trade-in credit of the old design to the new Slim. Although the Black was working and probably would not have failed, for $50...I got the slim. For Sony and their “yellow light if death”, “too bad...so sad”.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, it's obviously not a hardware issue. The PS5 runs quiet & cool and I have had no unexpected reboots. This has to do with the TV software, audio system software or eARC. Once more people with my setup get their hands on a PS5 this minor issue should get more attention (I hope).

I set "video transfer rate" to -1 and it immediately eliminated all problems, but, I'm not sure that is giving me optimal RGB color range. I've also heard to set my HDMI input on the TV to "PC" to enable gsync, but I'm not crazy about that solution because you forfeit some picture settings.

All in all, this issue is more so just eating away at the back of my mind than actually interfering with my gaming experience. I'm the kind of person that likes to dial everything from the start.

Let me know if anyone hears anything. If yall bozos ever even get a PS5. :)

tinman likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you want a perfect experience

that has been our way

Ziggy likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The PS5 doesn't have Gsync though?
    Maybe it's about the 4:4:4 chroma you are enabling via pc mode.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Best way to buy a PS5 for my boys before Christmas? Is it possible?

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its possible, highly unlikely. Follow wario64 on twitter and hell post links to ps direct when they have allotments. Follow the link and itll put you in a queue. Doesnt mean youll get one, but you dont have to be faster than a bot at other websites.

mikol13 likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's "flickering in and out of stock" - I suggest downloading auto tab refresher for Chrome and leaving it on that page.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

14. opticon

opticon Member

I got mine from Bestbuy.com at around 8 am the day of launch. Best Buy has a couple of verification measures in place to frustrate bots which in my opinion increases the odds of success. Be ready to click the button twice to get it to the cart (on a delay) and have your email open to enter the confirmation code they send.

Good luck!

mikol13 likes this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

my 10 year old used nowinstock.com and checking websites, and woke me up at 5:55 randomly one morning cause they were in stock at best buy and i bought one and we picked it up on saturday...

donkeypunch and mikol13 like this.
  17. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

i COULD get a ps5 when they restock but my gut is telling me to hold off until the kinks are worked out. My ps4 release edition never gave me issues. My 360 gifted me the red ring of death. I want a black ps5 anyway. Willing to wait.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

19. opticon

opticon Member

I get mine at Best Buy as well. There are quite a few Best Buy locations in Houston so our odds are pretty good since each store gets stock.