1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Fuller suspended for 6 games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Whelp. There goes 9-7. :eek:

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And we traded Hopkins cause "off the field" behavior. SMH.

Fking hate the texans front office sometime with their dumbfukery

cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Every single thing this team does is a **** up. I mean it’s just never ending with them. I said when they did it that giving away Stills for nothing was stupid because they just aren’t good enough to throw away decent players. And now here we are. Again. As usual.

**** this ****ing team so much...

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

The undoing? Kenny subtweeting?

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We're screwed! Oh, wait.....

6. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who was the "medical professional?" Brian Cushing?

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Hydroxychloroquine isn't a PED!
    Fuller should appeal.

CometsWin likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nothing says organizational incompetence more than dumping Stills knowing Fuller was likely gonna get popped.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

At this point it is hard to believe the Texans are just this stupid and instead didn't do this because of alterior, nonfootball motives.

Nook likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Texans ARE THIS STUPID!

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd keep him too, but its the McNairs and now Jack Osteen running the show. Everyone needs to do an Our Father before walking into the building and no cursing allowed.

He's gone bro. So is Roby. We can talk about Cush if you want, but it will probably open up another can of worms.

edit: Establish the run? Bless your heart.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'm only here for the mind-numbing negativity.

In all seriousness this blows but maybe it drives his price down. We need to keep him regardless. Hopefully Coulter gets a chance and shows something.

13. STR8Thugg

Because of the suspension?

1. I think you're wrong on both accounts
    2. in the off chance that you are right, if it is about this, then that is a complete joke
    3. I really hope you are overestimating Easterby's influence once we have a new GM

"Everyone needs to do an Our Father before walking into the building and no cursing allowed." - I guess that's funny. I get the sentiment for sure, but hyperbole for the sake of being completely negative is tiresome.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"not a cultural fit"

15. STR8Thugg

Do we 100% know that?

The team wouldn't be notified from the first test. It seems like everyone is running with a hypothetical from a twitter rando that was posted on here.

I'm not saying they didn't know, but I'm not jumping to these conclusions based off of what we do know.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

May not know it but it wouldn’t be surprising at all.
    Could be they knew and thought appeal would overturn it too.
    Either way it’s a bad look.

17. STR8Thugg

Yeah, not buying that.

He's pretty much universally loved in the organization. He's not a drama queen. Deshaun's numbers with and without him (regardless of Hopkins) are staggering. His biggest issue has been injuries.

Obviously the suspension blows, but hopefully it gives us more leverage in negotiations.

18. STR8Thugg

That's fine. Stills would help for sure, but hopefully it gives a younger player like Coulter or Coutee a chance to step up. Stills is deadweight going forward anyway.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/brian-t-smith/article/Smith-Texans-needn-t-bother-bringing-back-Will-15764592.php

Deep down, you knew it was too good to be true.

The thrilling touchdowns.

The brilliant, game-changing offensive attack.

The victories.

Even when the Texans win in 2020, they lose.

Will Fuller broke his own news Monday, a day when the Texans weren’t supposed to make any.

He wasn’t worth the $10.1 million he was set to receive in 2020.

He can’t hold a candle to ex-Texans star DeAndre Hopkins, which means Deshaun Watson still needs a real No. 1 wide receiver.

And, Fuller said, there was no way the Texans should reward their 2016 first-round pick by heavily reinvesting in him when big-money free agency rolls around in 2021.

Officially, the Texans’ (ex) best wide receiver said this on Instagram: “Earlier this year, I sought treatment from a medical professional who prescribed medication that he believed to be permitted under the NFL’s drug policy. As it turns out, my trust in this professional was misplaced because this medication was NOT a permitted substance. … I have been suspended for six games.”

Unofficially, a skill player who has played in more than 11 regular-season games only once since he was drafted — 14 during his rookie campaign — acknowledged he continues to be completely undependable between the professional lines that define.

Bradley Roby doubled down on Fuller’s selfishness Monday night, when the veteran cornerback was also suspended six games for violating the league's PED policy.

Maybe hiring a character coach or chaplain could fix the Texans’ endless list of public embarrassments?

Or perhaps the franchise’s longtime president could lecture very well-paid players about the virtues of creating a winning culture?

The big hits just keep coming for an often clueless organization that talks the talk but sometimes still walks like an expansion team.

First, Bill O’Brien gets fired just four games into the 2020 season because the Texans spent years giving him too much power.

Next, Jack Easterby is allowed to stick around, accumulating more Kirby Drive power and serving as the franchise’s interim general manager.

Then the Texans turn 0-4 into 1-6. As the NFL trade deadline approaches, a franchise that has never reached the AFC Championship Game publicly insists it wants to win a few more games in 2020 and, thus, won’t trade away any of its players for peanuts — despite exchanging Hopkins for an empty container of Planters in the same year.

And when the Texans actually win back-to-back games against below-.500teams, including a nationally televised Thanksgiving victory against a franchise that responds by firing its coach and general manager?

Bam!

Crack!

Boom!!!

Fuller celebrates the joy of reaching 4-7 and his “career year” by beating the Texans to the punch, announcing on Insta that he’s been suspended for six games.

Where’s Kenny Stills when you need him?

Oh, yeah. That’s right. The Texans’ “front office” waived the veteran receiver last Friday, which just happened to be the day after Fuller collected six receptions for 171 yards and two touchdowns on turkey day against Detroit.

Oops.

You have to feel for Watson, who’s down to Brandin Cooks, backup running back Duke Johnson, randomly appearing tight ends and Keke Coutee — who spent the previous two-plus seasons confined to the Texans’ doghouse — for professional receiving options in Week 13.

Then again, Watson is quickly learning what Texans fans have become numb to for almost two decades: You get what you pay for.

Which means Watson signed up for this off-and-on circus the moment he agreed to a four-year, $156 million extension just before Week 1.

Good ol’ Easterby can’t explain away Fuller’s unexplainable departure with the flowery power of positive thinking.

Romeo Crennel’s tough job is now even tougher. The Texans already had a lingering 1 percent chance to make the playoffs (that’s 99 percent away from the full 100, if you’re counting). Without Fuller and Hopkins, the receiving corps really is peanuts. Ten-year veteran Randall Cobb didn’t make it through the season healthy, as expected, and is now contributing as much as Fuller and Stills while stuck on injured reserve.

The last time a big-name Texans player was suspended for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances, Brian Cushing was facing his final season as a Texans linebacker — and his last year playing in the pros.

Fuller was staring at a huge free-agent future last Thursday evening. Four days later, he can’t take the field again until Week 2 of 2021, and Cal McNair’s Texans would be fools to give him another dollar.

The “leader of men” the franchise supposedly will hire as its next coach won’t want Fuller in the Texans’ locker room. The same for the players, if they stand together for anything. The next GM has far too many other problems to fix, and an organization that lacks a first- and second-round pick in 2021 already wasted a first-rounder on Fuller.

It had been almost impossible to get excited about the Texans since the reigning Super Bowl champion Chiefs shredded them at Arrowhead Stadium to kick off the NFL’s 2020 season. But a gritty win against New England and the thrilling Watson-Fuller connection on Thanksgiving finally brought out a little old-fashioned pride for the local red and blue.

Then Fuller did it for himself on the ’Gram and wrecked it all.

Fuller was so proud of abruptly leaving his teammates with five games left on the schedule and AFC South opponent Indianapolis (7-4) up next that he attached a cool, up-close photo of his face to his suspension post.

It’s all about the likes, right?

Mistakes happen. Being unreliable for five consecutive seasons is a professional trend.

Just like everything the Texans have screwed up in a 2020 campaign that, somehow, just keeps getting worse.

TheRealist137, Red.Glare and Nook like this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But we traded Hopkins for his baby mamas is that the line not to cross? Juicing is OK? Thats the problem with this organization they arent consistent with who they want to be. Will Fuller is a clown. So is Roby. I think the Texans decide to move on from both because of that image they try to uphold, but how can you count on them moving forward? I'll try to refrain from going all the way in on them until I can read more about which substance they were popped for, but man they should have known better. Laying it at the feet of someone else just screams BS to me, you take any supps or meds in sports you run that sht by the training staff and make sure you are good otherwise it makes you look even worse. Not just a "whoops" moment for me.

If we hold onto him just because this team is so bereft of talent and its in self preservation mode then Im not sure it sends the right signal. If its not hamstrings its banned substances with Will, bro its time to move on. I wasnt ever that high on Roby to begin with either to be completely honest, he's done a good job, but both of those guys are replaceable IMO.