1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bradley Roby suspended for PEDs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The "Oh, there was an unadvertised substance in a supplement that was against policy, and I just didn't know it was in there" is such a BS excuse. If you were really given a supplement that had illegal, not published substances in it and it resulted in you being suspended, costing you MILLIONS of dollars, you would be suing that person's ass for loss of income. But no one EVER does that. Know why? Because it is BS and they did know, they just don't want to own up to it.

I'm wracking my brain, but the only example I can think of of a player testing positive for PEDs and just basically saying, "I made a mistake. It was stupid. I'm sorry" was Andy Pettite (probably other examples but I can't think of any).

Are the players worried the team will after go them with fines or something if they admit fault? Or is it strictly a manage-your-image thing? It just bugs me how none of these players will ever admit it when they try and cheat to get an edge, and get caught. Tell the freaking truth and move on.

deb4rockets and BigShasta like this.
  3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

After reading this, I tend to believe that Roby wasn't knowingly taking something. He just cost himself $10 mil.

Fuller on the other hand I could see it as him taking a gamble on something that might help him stay healthy, as he finally has been this year, in a contract year.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Good! People only learn when you hit them where it hurts and usually that involves the pocketbook. Cut his ass and move on.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um, you don’t get cut for PEDs if u are a good player. Fuller will be Re-Signed...at cheaper rate. Probably saved the Texans $3-$4 million a year.

Roby also saved the Texans money.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yeah .. we'll see. It would go against everything the Texans have "stood for" but sure Roby will give the team a discount because he let them down. :rolleyes:

I dont doubt either Fuller or Roby go on and make a nice amount of money moving forward for whoever they play for, but they will still always be cheaters and juicers. Hard to root for that.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Sndy Pettitte lied about his PED use as well though. He claimed that he only did it for a short period of time because he was trying to come back from injury..... which was the biggest load of BS, and everyone working for the Astros knew it and all the guys on the Yankees did as well. Pettitte had been using it for a long time.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Good they can cut him. They are not going anywhere anytime soon as a team anyway.

10. conquistador#11

I'd rather see John Reid get out there and get experience under fire than see more Gaines. 137 rating for the qb when targeted. It can't get worse.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I finally had to have a self imposed intervention.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Don't do a Rice legend wrong like that.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bye

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You can’t make this crap up.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why is that shocking? :D

It isn’t or won’t be if true.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

told ya'll! LOL

Im giving the news that Texans unofficially want Fuller back a good amount of stink eye too. He gone baby. He gone.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I want fuller back more than roby

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree!