1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: GOP declares black pastor Warnock is not a real pastor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 28, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I agree

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

From my experience in conservative church, I'd say there is not even a shade of a doubt that black churches are real churches. I'd say what this is is militant evangelicalism saying you can't be pro-choice and a 'real Christian'. I've seen that plenty of times.

Let me put on my evangelical hat for a minute (I'm not an evangelical, but I stole one of the hats). In the legacy of CS Lewis (and the Bible somewhere), you can't know who is saved and who is not. That is their own personal relationship with God and none of your business. That's why they get uptight when I say Trump isn't a real Christian. Also, an evangelical might even say it's idolatry to put pro-life policy (or any policy) up on a pedestal like that, to use it as a test for what is a real Christian. Evangelicals think just about everything is a form of idolatry - your money, your house, you job, your wife, your kids, your brain, your hands, whatever you might put any amount of trust in instead of in the Lord falls under this huge umbrella of idolatry. So trusting in some government policy that protects or doesn't protect the life of the unborn can fit very easily in there. I guess I mean that it wouldn't be Warnock's Christian faith I'd be questioning here.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't breathe

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

the pathetic thing about these anti-abortion fake Christians is that the minute the birth happens, they no longer give a damn about protecting life

I remember the stories of some of these “Christian” pro-life politicians trying to make their mistress have an abortion

all these fake Christians that hate others and support someone like Trump, but because they go to Church on Sunday, they think they have some moral high ground...man, gtfoh

I can’t stand a fake Christian

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Most pro life Christians are pro birth

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I grew up in an all White Baptist church and I’ll admit that Evangelical/White Baptist churches recognize and sometimes admire Black Baptist churches. They’ll bring them in for revival type of events too. However they do not believe that Catholicism is real Christianity and push propaganda that is just flat out not true.

That being said any Black church that they knew of that touched politics and race would likely be enemy #2 right behind Catholics. Baptists are weird. They don’t believe in dancing... and they don’t believe in drinking but they never had a church event that didn’t have a buffet with fried chicken after service. You can stuff your face into a food coma but how dare you have a beer.

The Warnock attacks though will probably work in 2020 though. A lot changed when Obama came into the spotlight and Jeremiah Wright was turned into a political pawn. If you are still a Republican Trumper NOTHING is more important than your politics. It’s a cult and Trumper Republicans would take a Sharpie to Jesus’ name in the Bible before they disown Trump and vote for a Democrat. I’m sure there are some White Democrats that attend White Baptist churches, but there are zero Democrats that attend truly Evangelical Televangelist style churches who preach far more politics from the pulpit that a Rev Warnock or Al Sharpton ever would.

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Case in point Anglie Jolie’s father actor and dumbass Jon Voight

8. adoo

adoo Member

according to former La Gov, Bobby Gindal,

Trump has never read the Bible,
    cos his name is not in it​

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. dobro1229

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Apparently even mentioning Amy Coney Barrett's religious beliefs is out of bounds but openly questioning Warnock's faith is perfectly fine. Fun times we live in.

mdrowe00, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. dobro1229

Yep. My dad sends me these "daily devotionals" often from their evangelical pastor, and they are quite breathtaking. Evangelical Churches are laying the ground work big time for a major shift away from the teachings of Jesus, and a heavy heavy focus on King David. King David is the core character in just about half of these devotionals and teachings, and almost all of the central messages have a parallel to what we see with Trumpism. It's not completely obvious, but to someone like me, it is.

Is there a book of Trump coming???... doubtful... but there is a pretty blatant push for reform of the Biblical teachings to fit into a world of Trumpism for sure.

I'm very interested to see what Trump's media world looks like after he leaves. Is it more of a religious/cult like media empire, or is it strickly political? I think it could be more 700 Club than FoxNews if I had to put money on it.

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Nope. Jesus said the most important commandment is to follow god faithfully and the second most important commandment is love thy neighbor. From the 10 commandment in Exodus, murder doesn't even clock in until #6.

So no, sanctity of life is not the "utmost priority". Important, yes, but it's more than halfway down the list.

JuanValdez and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is interesting and he could profit greatly if was not such a belligerent manchild.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

conquistador#11 likes this.