1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually want him to run so he can be embarrased 1 last time, there is no way he can keep this type of popularity until 2024.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile, trump's proud boys are demonstrating in AZ...

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Proud Boys seems like such a ridiculous name for that group. What are they proud of? Maybe a more fitting name would be Trump's Boy Toys.

Deckard, Reeko and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Loon is right...

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Their lack of a vagina.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

When this election is all said and done, we may thank Trump for behaving so badly that we did away with the EC.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If just going by popular vote, I would expect demands for nation-wide recounts, even in districts that aren't particularly close, to increase if the popular vote margin is relatively close.

No Worries likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

well that's still a lot better than EC

either that or reassign EC votes to states by population or gdp or a combination for the 2

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The internet is a Rube Goldberg of different machines with each point being a possible attack vector for hacking. E-commerce provides a relative degree of security for the amount of risk/reward needed to break a single transaction .

Voting is smaller in number, time sensitive, and a lot more valuable. This makes a higher incentive ratio. Online voting would compound those traits with a much larger group of hackers with a deeper knowledge base.

Many large companies get hacked or compromised to the point where they have to publicly admit it to inform customers to protect their identity. You don’t even have to attack the system directly, but rather use compromised data from elsewhere and vote in place of people who would never bother voting.

We’re just not ready as a society or in our infrastructure to do something like that securely and openly.

I assume electronic polling machines don’t connect to the internet, so fraud would have to be onsite (think usb drive) or systemwide, like a bug or backdrop in diebold software. These two have always been a concern since Bush stole the presidency.

It was also a concern during Russiagate but experts have claimed the voting systems across different states are too diverse and archaic that a widespread compromise is too costly and uneven for the risk/reward to pay off (risk being getting caught and starting a war). So it wasn’t that voting machines were hardened, it was more the fact that it was a broken patchwork to spend effort breaking every different system. The goal of hardening different systems was also the challenge for cyber defense to solve...

Not sure how electronic machines print out votes for counting or their procedure for double checking and verifying.

#8509 Invisible Fan, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Since to trump... its me me me and the heck with republicans...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are proud of being boys instead of men.

AleksandarN, Reeko and deb4rockets like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm hoping he's too wrapped up in legal troubles and debt collection to run.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American electorate. I don't want to risk another 4 years of Trump.

#8512 fchowd0311, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    AleksandarN and B-Bob like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

trump's other crazy lawyer...

Trump Lawyer: DHS Whistleblower Should Be Executed
    During Newsmax call-in Joe diGenova said Chris Krebs should be put to death.
    https://thebulwark.com/trump-lawyer-dhs-whistleblower-should-be-executed/

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

Disagree here - if he runs in 2024, I think he has a very good chance of winning. People tend to forget the bad over time. In 2024, people will be griping about something or other with Biden - that's just human nature. Dems will have some frustration that Biden's not as progressive as they like. And many of the Republicans that voted against Trump will kind of forget about why they did it and focus more on the things they don't like about Biden. Trump's base will be loyal until the end, and he'll run on "don't let them steal this from me again". I think Trump 2024 actually has a very good chance of winning, unfortunately.

B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

More quality lawyering

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

this lawyer diGenova just threatened someone’s life

Can I get some charges thrown his way?

joshuaao, Blatz, AleksandarN and 3 others like this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, which is it, esquire? Seein' as: if we draw and quarter him, there won't be anything left to take out and shoot, less we shoot each quarter. And then, if we take him out at dawn and shoot him firstwise, then it would be silly, and really a waste of our time, to draw and quarter his dead body.

Major, AleksandarN and deb4rockets like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree, Biden will spend three years trying to clean up the disastrous mess made of our government and our international ties.
    Meanwhile, Trump will go around holding rallies, tweeting all day about terrible Joe, and taking credit for the vaccine.

We'll probably also hit some rough economic times not of Biden's making, especially with no COVID relief package anytime soon.

deb4rockets likes this.