1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: GOP declares black pastor Warnock is not a real pastor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 28, 2020.

1. biina

biina Member

Guess we should start executing people for working on Saturday or disobeying their parents.

Exodus 31:14
    Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
    If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
    Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
    And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
    And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die:
    so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

You can go back to your basement with your half-baked and manipulative Bible references

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Remember when Kerry was torn down for his service in Vietnam all while dub**** was chugging six packs at a Texas hangar?

Cons love changing rules when it fits them.

They make exclusivity a theme so that if you ever do join the club, you'll be fiercest in not letting others in

Blatz, adoo, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

mccain

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

There are no rules, anything for power

ROCKSS, No Worries and Andre0087 like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Go read the OT and get back to me.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

God told me the same thing!!!

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is gonna backfire tremendously, it will fire up his voters and more mainstream christians.

I don't know why they think this gets them more votes.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

they’re running two well-known corrupt nobodies— aren’t many messaging arrows in that quiver.

jiggyfly and No Worries like this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

well-said.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's a controlled narrative by right wing media. Wedge issues turn out the vote. Nuanced economic policy discussion doesn't.

GOP politicians would rather its constituents care more about these wedge issues than noticing the trends of consumer debt while wages don't keep up.

#30 fchowd0311, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  12. calcium

calcium Member

Not entirely consistent with the response to covid-19 though. The willingness to sacrifice the vulnerable, mostly elderly in this case for the sake of whatever.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sick and tired of all these fake Christians...just stfu

If you’re a Trump supporter, then who tf are u to be attacking someone on a religious basis?

there is no such thing as being a real Christian, and also being a Trumper

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I can only speak from my experience. I worked as a musician for a conservative Baptist church for 8 years. The pastor of this church promoted a very narrow view of Christianity where the faith of any group that fell outside of that view was questioned. I grew up in the Episcopal church. I went to Catholic school and graduated from a Baptist high school. I never heard anyone attack other denominations and question their faith until I got to this church.

I don't think it's a black/white thing. It's a narrow mindset that says "I'm 100% correct in my beliefs and if you don't believe exactly what I believe then you're not a real Christian". It would apply to Catholics and Mainline (non-Evangelical) Protestants as well.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Nook likes this.
  16. biina

biina Member

I think at the core is the issue of the overloaded use of the word christian i.e. christian - the religious vs (true) christian - has the relationship with God and his way of life is christ-like. The former is quite irrelevant when weighed against the latter.

A lot of these GOP idiots are only christians to the extent of being religious and are very far from being (true) christians in their relationship with God or way of life. As an example, you can't be a (true) christian, who should love God and every human, while also supporting and/or approving of someone that preaches hate like Trump does.

The GOP are the modern day Pharisees and Sadducees.

mdrowe00 and calcium like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You’re full of ****. Most likely not Christian

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

I liked the segue to climate change. Right wingers who read that article were told to look up, look down, then slap!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Who is "Christian" or "Not Christian"?

Do you follow the Bible...but then disregard the other parts of the Bible that contradict the other parts of the Bible that your were following in the first place?

Do you just strictly go by the words of Jesus in the New Testament? Well, no, nobody does that at all.

It's been so twisted for political purposes and ingrained into our thinking (i.e. there will not be an atheist, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or non-Christian President in my lifetime+another...it took a long time just to accept a Catholic), I just wish everyone would keep it all to their damn selves outside of charity work.