1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

?!!!!?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was Kermit

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

latest.png

Jontro and TWS1986 like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is probably what should have happened.

In fact they did just that with the original director of SOLO. (I liked the movie how it turned out). Further, they brought on more people for ROGUE ONE. Gilroy. That "scene at the end?" That was from the additional writers. Crazy that it wasn't originally supposed to be there.

And then of course they removed the original director of EP-9 and had Abrams finish it. So yeah.

Bobbythegreat and Yung-T like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

They need to tie in Fallen Order while they’re at it.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Now GroGu can hang with Groot
    Baby Yoda versus Baby Groot

Rocket River

9. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

If Houston wasn't hot and humid, I would get this sweater.
    [​IMG]

They better find a way to bring Lars Mikkelsen back as Thrawn like they did with Starbuck as Bo Katan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yung-T and Deuce like this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

People assume Baby Yoda will either meet Ezra or Cal on Tython, so you could have that Fallen Order link.
    Think Ezra makes the most sense now, with Ahsoka and Thrawn back in the picture.
    But Cal would also make sense, being a survivor of Order 66 wanting to rebuild the Jedi order.

11. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

It has to be Ezra to complete the Rebels link, right? Cal has no connection to this group.

Plus the Cal actor is too young to fit in the Mandalorian timeline.

I wonder if Filoni and Favreau are setting up a separate Rebels sequel, or is it going to play out in this show?

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Filoni dismissed a new Rebels season, so we could see a lot more in Mandalorian.

Jon Favreau: "The new season is about introducing a larger story in the world. The stories become less isolated, yet each episode has its own flavor, and hopefully we’re bringing a lot more scope to the show.”
    “As we introduce other characters, there are opportunities to follow different storylines. The world was really captivated by ‘Game of Thrones’ and how that evolved as the characters followed different storylines — that’s very appealing to me as an audience member.”

There were rumors of an Ahsoka Show being in the making earlier this year, so we'll have to see whether they are pursuing this or going a full scope GoT equivalent like Favreau hinted at.

K mf G and mikol13 like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

so should i watch clone wars and rebels for the culture? or will wiki-ing it as we go along suffice?

K mf G likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'd watch both, as you'll get to know some of the upcoming characters and also appreciate ones like Ahsoka more.

The first 4-5 episodes or whatever of Clone Wars can feel a bit childish, but it gets much more mature as the series progresses.

Rebels was a mixed bag for me, felt more like a kid morning cartoon at times. I'd still recommend it for canon reasons and Thrawn though, feel free to skip any filler episode.

Jontro likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

No. He must watch the episode about the crappy clone squad and the hunchback from 300.

CourtOfDreams and Jontro like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

mando ded

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

terrific episode!

K mf G, mikol13 and Yung-T like this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Terrific episode, this show is really making up for the Sequel mess.

Boba putting on the armour and then just massacring everyone was super epic, they really know how to make SW fans fap this season.

Guess they'll try to rescue Baby Yoda next episode, it's awesome to see Mando&Boba teaming up. We'll likely also see a Jedi joining in, as Baby Yoda's force channelling probably was felt by many force-attuned individuals in the galaxy.

That ending scene with him force-choking stromtroopers was interesting. Together with this and his attachment to Mando, we could see him being seduced by the dark side.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

How are y'all already watching it? It's not released yet today lol.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Isn’t it released like right after midnight or something? I’ve been able to see it as early as I turn it on.

As for the episode I remember reading in SW comics like 25 years ago that the featured character had survived. At that time the comics were considered canon, not sure now but it’s great that this show is tying together a lot of the sprawling SW universe.