1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If thunders buy out Ariza, we can take Ariza again

CHI likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't think it's up to him in either case.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't think he does. Maybe it's just me...I just know Harden and Derozan are close and Derozan wants out of SA. I think Pop would love Gordon and Tucker in SA.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pop can get a better return for DeRozan than EGo & Tucker.

jdiggidy likes this.
  5. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Gordon,Tucker, one of the picks we got for Covington

6. Sanity2disChaos

I heard something about this but nothing I would say is legit. Are you hearing this or speculation?

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

That is a lot for guy who's game does not fit in our 5 out system.

This trade also kills the defense by sending out the 2 best switch defenders of what we have left.

8. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

would love him over Roberson

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Maybe. I would wish him the best of luck doing so.
    Derozan's smooth offense replacing Gordon's 30 foot chucking, awkward handles and Tucker's extreme lack of offensive variety won't kill any 5 out concept. Derozan isn't a great 3 point shooter but he IS a great offensive player. We've all been crying for variety anyway. As far as defense, I don't think Gordon is a great defender like Tucker is but honestly I'm kind of over Tucker being a starter. He and Gordon both were better off the bench.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not sure why we should expect Ariza to sign back here after the rumors we got in the past weeks, if he gets bought out i'd expect him to go back to LA at this point, to either the Lakers or Clippers.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Eric Gordon is a better defender than DeRozan.

That's not even arguable.

saleem and fattz like this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Derozan is the best player in the trade, that's not really arguable either.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unless Rockets add multiple FRP, Spurs will not even pick up the phone.

DeRozan not a good fit and he will cost a ton of Rockets shallow depth.

saleem and Dankstronaut like this.
  14. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

harold bingo likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

You noted Turner, but both Sabonis and Warren are better players and all are locked into good contracts.

If dreaming, we would need a secondary ball handler if Westbrook is gone so take Brogdon (another good contract) instead of Turner (He is redundant with Wood, Cousins and now Sabonis). All 3 of the players you get back are 2 way and near all-star level. There is so much talent with Harden add into the starting line-up that Cousins needs to come off the bench because there is only one ball.
    A two-man game with Harden & Sabonis would be tops in the league plus the other 3 starters can shoot 3’s, too. So there is no way to double or stop Harden’s game. Brogdon can bring to ball up so no double of Harden at 1/2 court either. All starters play defense, too. Harden plays defense when not asked to average 30+ points a night; making it the best starting line up in the league.

Don’t forget we still have Eric Gordon, too. He would thrive as the 6th man again; along with Cousins (remember Walton’s role with the C’s) —> Both big & small. Plus House and Nwaba make a nine man rotation. Rounding out one the best rotations ever.

Stone has made some really interesting pick ups over the last few weeks that maybe could definitely develop into to something special. Their playing time comes in as the mop up crew or even in the 2nd quarter when playing lesser teams.

I don’t know how many FRP it would take to get the YES from the Pacers, but it is okay to dream.

@saleem is right, it will never happen; but if it did we would be like the Bull, Lakers or maybe even better with the first 4 in row. Harden would be in the legitimate talks as the GOAT. Dream would become the second best all time Rocket. There would be banners of Stone & (the owner). 2021-2025 would be the Rocket era.

It’s okay to dream...

17. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

I think a realistic trade would be gordon for randle. They just drafted the rookie and signed Noel. Gordon adds spacing for barrett and Knox while randle adds hustle and energy and versatility as the 6th man. Plus, Randle expires and can resign for lower to due his lack of 3pt %

jb86 likes this.
  18. jb86

jb86 Member

I would definitely put him at the backup C spot.

19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Really want to work out a deal with OKC for Hill with the agreement that they buyout Ariza so he can sign with the Rockets.

OKC IN: Gordon, Portland 2021 FRP, Houston 2024 2ndRP
    HOU IN: Hill, Ariza (buyout)

WB/Hill
    Harden/McLemore
    House/Nwaba/Brown
    PJ/Ariza/Tate
    Wood/Cousins/Coboclo

joshuaao likes this.
  20. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

George hill would be such a good get if we aren’t blowing it up