1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey comments on roster depth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MettaWorldPete, Nov 27, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Because 7 good guys is all Tillman could afford!

topfive, s3ts, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  2. MettaWorldPete

That’s definitely what people said before the playoffs, but I think the games revealed the for all the Clippers’ supposed depth, they didn’t have a single playmaker. As for the Lakers, it seems their non-stars were better than people gave them credit for. Golden State I’ve simply repressed from my memory, so I have no idea. This raises the question of what teams with the least depth have won the championship, which is pretty interesting to think about.

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  3. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Morey's teams have never sniffed the NBA finals. His comments are meaningless

s3ts and Ramo$e like this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lakers role players definitely stepped up during the playoffs. Hit some shots to keep distance when we tried to go on a run. Against us it, was mainly Rondo. Denver they used little of Dwight/McGee/Caruso. KCP was garbage against us but was huge in all the other rounds. Caruso was solid even though his hairline says he is about to retire.

D-rock and MettaWorldPete like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morris and KCP stepped up and hit timely shots against the Rockets too. And Danny Green's defense was underrated.

Ramo$e and MettaWorldPete like this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Got a nice chuckle here. I wonder if Philly fans have championship aspirations.

I think the competition in the East is substantially less than the West, so he may have a good chance of getting something done there. Question is, does he have free reigns?

D-rock likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He wasn’t actually injured. His team sucked and he wasn’t good enough to carry them. Harden on that team makes the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Fefo

Fefo Member

hahahha awesome post, and when i say awesome i mean complete garbage, but incredible that you can believe this. We got ripped of when we gave cp3 for and 4 picks for this guy. Its shame. Morey is gone now, and we have this mess left.
    Thanks for the laughs aniway

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

I know why you didnt talk about Yao Ming, McGrady, Artest.... you are Harden Only Fan

First off dont call people idiots for calling Westbrook HOF level player because you are idiot for thinking he is not. Maybe your memory is bad but before his injury and playing through it he was great and all you dudes been on his nuts precovid. All of a sudden Russ is a negative... OK.

he may not be in his prime but thats still very skillful player. You ridiculed CP but did you see what he did in OKC last season? Thats still a great player.

Moreys Rockets biggest success is putting up a fight in their own conference. 15years, prime Yao, still good McGrady, whole prime of Harden, still good CP, still good Westbrook, still good Dwight, prime Artest and 0finals. If you are content with that you can go watch philly now

10. don grahamleone

Sup Arya.

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

then morey shouldn't have hired him

GotGame15 and Ramo$e like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd rather think his comments are meaningless because actions speak louder than words.

His actions were mostly much better than his words.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I AM TALKING ABOUT the fact that you said Dwight/Melo?CP3 where fine everywhere else they all had issues with coaches and other players at multiple stops.

THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Dwight did not want to be a viable pick and lob threat in Houston.

Melo did not think he was just serviceable while in Houston and that was the reason he was bought out in Atlanta who could have used a serviceable Melo.

Continue to be loud and wrong.

HP3 likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

"morey comments..." something i will not miss ever.

daywalker02 and Ramo$e like this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You don't know what Melo thought.....STOP ASSUMING. You could possibly assume Atlanta's position that would be silly too though. Maybe a veteran player didn't want to play with Chandler Parsons in ATL. lol Talk about being loud and wrong. Your premise is all based on the assumption of what "you think" someone else is thinking. Rumors has it Russ and Harden want out. Yet Harden is working out with Mason Jones. I said it once and I'll say it again, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. If Melo is serviceable now, he was then. Probably didn't have the right coach or GM to help him in the right direction. Dwight was and always will be a pick/lob threat. Harden just wants to shoulder the offense because Morey gave him the keys.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow!

SMH.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So your entire theory is based on that 1 season.

Seems legit.

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

We get them back eventually...like Joey Dorsey

D-rock likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright fine, Mcgrady was injury prone. Yao Ming was also INJURY PRONE. Artest..didnt even want to be here. I donno and he's not even that good. And no Im not, you just arent making good arguments.

Yes, you are an idiot for thinking 1 month of his play in which WE WERE BETTER WHEN HE WAS OFF THE COURT accounts for his trash TRASH play the rest of the year. Yes you are an idiot if you think this year he had HOF play, like a moron. He was negative then and he was negative in the playoffs and he's been a negative in the playoffs for a long time. Russ is absolutely a negative. Sheesh, I cant believe I even have to explain this.

No, he's not. If he's anything like last year, then he's a dude who's in his decline who can do as much because he's losing his athleticism. Nope, I love Cp3, I never wanted to make this trade for Westbrook. I know he's still a great player.

You can't list me off all these super star players and not list the context of what actually happend. That's not an argument in good faith. Morey was a great GM. So here let me fix it for you, injury prone T-MAC, Injury prone YAO, one year of still good Dwight, one year of Still Really really good Cp3, and one year of Trash Westbrook. Oh yea and Artest....who's not really good enough. There you go.

20. don grahamleone

He lost 27 times in 55 total games that year... in the West. That winning percentage puts him at a 42 win team if you round up on wins. The worst in the West that year won 48 games. Thus, my theory holds up bud.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here? LeBron is a magnificent players, but he's always needed a ton of help to get over humps. This latest chip is no different. Props to the man, but he's not a carrier.. at least not any more. He used to be during his early Cavs years.

I'm saying right now.. LeBron ain't on that list. He doesn't have enough fire left to put forth the effort to squeak into the playoffs. He's grown lazy. It's all about championship shoe ins now.

LeBron/Wade/Bosh
    LeBron/Love/Irving
    LeBron/Davis

He's not some beast. He was a beast, but he got soft. Always needed others to show his best stuff. I get why he's like that and I don't actually disagree with his methods, but he's no big dawg anymore. He's flipping teams like mad trying to get the next chip.

I'd still put him in the top 5 in the NBA as a player if that makes you feel any better. I'm literally talking about the ability to take ANY team to the NBA playoffs. He proved he can't. His team sucked and he wasn't enough to carry them forward. That's it. There's data to PROVE my point. ...sooooooo... it's not a theory when LeBron is the subject. Dude was playing 1 game over .500 ball that year.

D-rock likes this.