1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson Chandler appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Nov 28, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes and I thought his game would be perfect complement to Yao.

Otherwise I thought Rockets F'ed up that draft.

RustyHarden likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I hope he retires as a Rocket!

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd definitely put Rocket legend Joe Johnson in that "top-tier" player grouping.

saleem, RustyHarden and D-rock like this.
  4. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I thought Caron Butler was the only sure thing that summer. And that Griffin was 2nd coming of Rasheed Wallace. Was a beast on nba2k lol

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

As a Hoya, I used to follow the BEast (Big EAST) religiously. Yeah, Eddie G was going to be the next great stretch 4 (a la Big Shot Bob). You just never know what personal demons people have. RIP Eddie G.

D-rock and RustyHarden like this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6'10'' in NBA terms means he is really 6.8''.

Many years ago, I went to the NBA summer league and saw a bunch of players walking around. People who are listed as 6'9' or 6'10'' are just like "hey, a tall guy" and people 7' and above (Hasheem Thabeet was there) are like "Whoa, what a freak!" Marcus Camby was there, too... and he was super gangly, the body proportions and movements are almost not even human-like.

[​IMG]

#26 Carl Herrera, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

So much disrespect. Chandler is a NBA champion, unlike everyone on our team.

saleem likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I honestly think he could still contribute if given burn & kept fresh without getting too stale on the bench.

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

RIP, but also thanks for one of the greatest athlete-in-trouble moments of all time.

Jerking off to p*rn while driving drunk in Minnesota, he slammed his SUV into a parked car outside a convenience store. When the car's owner started screaming for someone to call the cops, Eddie told him not to report it and that he'd buy him a brand new car. "I'll buy you any kind of car you want. You want a Hummer?"

As the guy was thinking it over, Eddie amended his offer: "Anything except a Bentley."

It's sad to think that a young guy's alcoholism ruined such a promising future.

Deckard, RustyHarden and D-rock like this.
  10. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

No question he had lost a step by the time he came to Houston, but what a career. 19 seasons, NBA champion, gold medalist, DPOY, a few All-Defensive teams, and an all-NBA year.

Hats off to the guy, and if he decides to retire, congrats to him.

topfive, RustyHarden, saleem and 3 others like this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

I wasn’t there is this just speculation, I think he was will and tried to do what House did for someone else. A lot was going on the last few days in the bubble and friendships changed, really big tips where given, people quickly quit there jobs, players wanting to be traded. A lot more than basketball, IMO. In time we will know because to many people are / were involved. House was the fall guy but for what & who?

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Chandler was the fall guy for House. He tried to put the spotlight on himself instead of it being on House. Losing Chandler for X amount of time would have been a lot better than losing House for X amount of time.

13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

GOT EM.

D-rock likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

House was the fall guy for House.

Dumbass knowingly violated league protocol during the f%$king playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  15. rockets-1994

rockets-1994 Member

Farewell and good luck.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Best power dancer at the bubble ever!