1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Lions

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 23, 2020.

1. conquistador#11

Remember back in the day when the 2 point conversion became a thing in 94/95 and MickeyD's gave you one free big mac, the 2 for $2! Now you got eses trying to sell you a McDonald's paper bag with "Travis Scott" written on it for $25 ! Where did society go wrong? It's not when Romeo attempted to end the game with his hot offense to prevent the woeful defense from getting on the field. I read somewhere that teams are going for 2 more than ever before. Denver Post I think.

Playoffssssss? So the cancellation of the Ravens and Steelers to Tuesday means that an 8th playoff seed is almost a certainty.
    Using my Morey app, I was able to calculate that the 8th seed will be going to an 9-7 or an 8-8 team with the Raiders and Dolphins playing against some really good offenses down the stretch.
    Just got to sweep these next 4 games and see what week 17 holds. What's 4 games?

. Pretty confident the Texans will be able to move the ball against all the teams they face with the exception of Chicago's weather. Colts Buckner and Okereke could miss 2 weeks. They're out for the Titans.

Even in the Green Bay game, they moved the ball but undisciplined Oline penalties killed 3 drives in GB's territory when it mattered.

#341 conquistador#11, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  2. showa13

showa13 Member

Lions owe us

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don't think Obrien was a **** coach. I think he did a good job getting his players to play hard and fight, despite rough starts some seasons. 2-5→9-7, 0-3→ 11-5, etc. I also think he was an *******, incredibly stubborn, an "i got this guy", impatient (especially as a GM), and again → STUBBORN AS ALL GET OUT.

His stubbornness was his undoing as a coach. He lacked direction at times too.

As a GM, he was in over his head from the beginning. He should have never been given that role at all. It was a complete trainwreck.

4. STR8Thugg

It wasn't cancelled it was moved.

5. conquistador#11

Right. It's what I meant. But they didnt play Thursday after it was scheduled for Thursday. And decided to not play Sunday after it was moved to Sunday and Now to be played Tuesday. =/ Only now a couple of Steelers, including cancer survivor, Conner have tested positive.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

We'll see. If the Texans can somehow win out, that would be awesome, but aside from the Texans benefitting I don't like the idea of at least one team not having a bye.

If it ends up benefitting the Texans than I couldn't care less.

7. steveng125

steveng125 Member

He’s a good wide receiver but to me he’s not a #1. To me a #1 you can throw it up and expect him to come down with the ball majority of the time. I can’t see fuller being that type of player just a speedy receiver that should be used in the slot or next to number #1.

Nimo likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

I dont think Buckner or Jonathan Taylor actually tested positive. I think they were just in contact with positive contacts. That would mean they would only miss 1 game and not two.

Honestly things would have looked so much better if they had beaten the browns two weeks ago. I was playing with the playoff machine and they need are competing with the Broncos, Raiders, Colts, Browns, Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers, and Patriots for 3 or 4 spots. Right now the only team they are ahead of is the Patriots. And they lost head to head against the Ravens and the Browns. At this point I'm just hoping for a feel-good story with an 8-8 finish.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

First King Billy Bob now Patricia. LONG LIVE THE “ PATRIOT WAY”!!!!!
    It was always just the Brady & Belichek way, but the joke is on us as usual.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Actually with all these post-thanksgiving covid cases, you might have a point.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So they’re negative but still can’t play?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's happening again.

One of the league's best trends is now occurring in Detroit, where Lions fans are giving to the charity of Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson as a thank you for his role in Thursday's win. Watson was near-flawless on Thanksgiving with a multi-score victory over Detroit that clinched the firing of head coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn.

The Lions cleaned house on Saturday.

Just like Bills fans giving to Andy Dalton's charity after the then-Bengals QB helped them reach the playoffs, and just like Bills fans (again) giving to Josh Allen's charity to honor his grandmother, now it's Lions fans.

As a show of appreciation for Watson's four-touchdown performance, countless Lions fans had given to the Deshaun Watson Foundation -- totaling $1070 as of Sunday morning. Watson’s foundation is dedicated to "education, health, housing and other charitable causes that support families and youth in underserved communities," according to its website.

Many fans donated $13 for Patricia's 13 wins against 29 losses.

Watson will match the donation, providing the first 100 with free lunch at Lefty's in Detroit, the same restaurant that catered the Texans' pregame meal on Wednesday night. Watson is a large equity owner in Lefty's, a casual dining franchise, which opens in Houston in mid-December. It's his way of saying thank you.

zeeshan2 and STR8Thugg like this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yes. If you are in close contact with someone who tested positive, you need at least a few days to be cleared from a negative test.

16. showa13

showa13 Member

They all could play tomorrow if they came back negative again, NFL is forcing them to play today with no QBs. To me it seems like NFL is trying to use the Broncos to make a point

STR8Thugg and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Stark contrast with how far they went to protect the Steelers Ravens matchup.

18. STR8Thugg

Well not necessarily.

There are a lot more positives in the Steelers/Ravens. The Broncos QBs screwed themselves by all being fully exposed at the same time. The Ravens actually have QBs that can play, but Jackson is out regardless. So they didn't move the game to Tuesday in hopes of him playing.

It does suck for the Broncos, but I believe if they had been wearing masks and distancing properly the QBs that tested negative would still be able to play. They didn't do either.

vinsensual and Nimo like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

thats what im talking about! It would have been a double whammy to be a horrible team and then watch Miami become elite thanks to you.

8-8 season would be phenomenal for me considering the way it started.