1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That's @ThatBoyNick and y'all mad at him for trying to make 200 bucks. Respek

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not next gen, but whatever.
    Love the trend of SNES era remasters, praying for the Quintet trilogy (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time, Terranigma) to be next.

RC Cola likes this.
  4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I’m not a scalper I’m an opportunist. It’s not like I’m out here selling toilet paper or hand sanitizer. The console will be easily attainable in spring, just wait. I bought plenty 3 months ago when preorders went out. If you didn’t get one back then oh well. Amazon was up for a good 20 minutes. Target over 30 minutes

donkeypunch and tinman like this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Got it! Worked from home just to sign for it too. Watched him sit in his truck for like 15min before walking the package up too. I was ready to run out there with no pants or shoes on! Didn't want to get @Rodman23 'd

Rodman23, Yung-T and peleincubus like this.
  6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Lmao

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Wonder if part of the "Excitement" is the hunt for one? After trying on pre-order day and launch day a mid-night, probably taking only about 20 mins total looking for one, I was basically handed one by GameStop via email. I'm happy to have a XBX, but I wouldn't die without one and could easily waited til next year. I'm reading about these guys spending DAYS trying to find one online or camping out and when they get one, they are on Cloud 9. Or you have the people still looking and they are devastated and are continuing SPENDING hours and days in search of.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, it's the hunt. There are no must-play games and it's still buggy.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bugs in-game and in-hardware for both systems (mostly software).

Yeah...MS offers a 3-year warranty for $50 on the XBX no matter where you buy it from. I purchased it because I remember my launch XB1 had an issue...which was repaired under normal warranty...and I added the extended just in case. MS' warranty is CHEAP compared to retailers. Sony doesn't offer a direct extended warranty on the PS5 (you have to buy thru whatever retailer).

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I downloaded some games from PS4 to PS5 via cloud library. Everything went through fine EXCEPT - I do not have my controller and game settings anymore. They've been set to default. Any ideas how to migrate those without doing so manually? And who else here has PS5 right now?

@Yung-T

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Lol wow! I would kick my own ass if I did that for a video game system.

12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Apparently Sony Direct had some more pop up this afternoon. I had the tab open but was working and missed out. This was a little before 3pm (Pacific).

BamBam likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

I was put in their queue but when it was my turn, they were out. Waited over an hour.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not sure about that, did you also download your save files? Either the settings are stored there or you'll have to set everything manually again.

Ziggy likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How do I download the save files, via Wifi network instead of over PSN cloud?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's how I got mine. I hopped into the queue today but didn't even bother sticking around. If I did manage another one I'd offer it here at cost.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I camped for PS3. I was REALLY drunk when I got in line too.

18. donkeypunch

Its actually a very reasonable method of scoring one. Im a fan of that strategy.

Ziggy likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah if you or anyone here is able too I’d really appreciate it. It’s 99% for my son for Christmas, maybe even 98-% him/ 2% me haa

Ziggy likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You can find your PSN cloud saves in the console settings, there's a category named "application saved data management".

You'll see submenus for locally and cloud-saved files and can just download from the cloud on there. If the save files aren't up to date (it shows when the cloud was last updated), you can go back to your PS4 and update the cloud data first.

Ziggy likes this.