1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

For those that are BraBra believers, they might as well start putting some money on Houston.

BHannes2BHonest and apollo33 like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I have a strong feeling they are working on an extension.

Travis Scott is in town.

#422 treyk3, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Any of you ever wonder or thought about how the much of the media, fans, and the general public are all raving about Harden’s greatness now that they learned of the possibility of him teaming up with KD and Kyrie? All of a sudden now they finally give him the respect and reverence as a top tier generational talent type basketball player instead of the usual consistent criticism and derision while propping up and choosing other players such as Luka and Giannis. Shows you how much these people value hype and controversy.

4. Sanity2disChaos

haters gonna hate.

cbass likes this.
  5. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

According to BraBra the subliminal message Harden posted on his IG regarding the water cap was hinted at the extension he was offered and declined which was not the case. Harden told management/ownership that he is willing to stay in Houston and sign his extension if the organization can prove to him that they can put a competitive roster around him. Harden himself leaked the trade rumors to BK to get Tilman to open up that pocket book. So far it’s worked and we could see Harden signing that extension very soon.

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The ivergoat guy is 100% a fraud. Just makes up random garbage, all his posts should be ignored. BraBra either has legit sources or is doing a great job of aggregating TONS of other reports and making very good educated guesses...either way he gets a lot of stuff right before it gets reported by the news networks so it’s useful.

clos4life, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

New phone, who dis?

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

yep they did the same thing with dwight, cp3 and morey. As soon as they left Houston they became beloved by the media.

rgw20014life and Stephen_A like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden is officially the GOAT if he manages to persuade Tilman to pay more than necessary. Not even MJ could do such a thing.

RocketRed84, clos4life, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think your right now what I said last night was that I thought Harden would sign the extension because it’s just so much damn money and I fully expect the collective bargaining agreement to sway in the owners favor when it’s up I think in 2 years.

but the rockets have gotten Harden a guy I know he’s wanted to play with in boogie cousins and also a better offensive version of clint in Wood so he can do his pick and roll which he’s arguably the best ever at it. Not to mention Wood is young can put the ball the floor and creat his own shot going to the hoop and as a bonus shoot the three.

Russ is what’s keeping me back from saying this team is the Lakers biggest threat out west next year.

I actually don’t think boogie is going to get hurt and I also don’t think he’s going to be much different then what he was before the Achilles injury. His game was never over the rim dunks athleticism. From the few videos that I’ve seen he looks like he’s in the best physical shape or his life.

My prediction is the rockets do want Wall but I think they want a draft pick also for Russ.

A week ago I thought nothing of this team same old team not really interested other than watching Harden put up unseen numbers.

now I think the starting five is really good assuming what I said about cousins is true.

Russ
    Harden
    Tucker
    Wood
    Cousins

that’s as good a starting five in the nba as any assuming boogie is even 80% of what he was.

and I keep forgetting about Gordon

so we have Gordon and House on the bench which is good tbh.

we need a backup ball handler and a backup center that are serviceable and the Team is good and I think Harden signs the extension for money reason and also the team is a title sleeper maybe even a top 4 title contender with lakers bucks and nets.

RocketRed84, clos4life and MadMax like this.
  11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Um... I think MJ has proven he is not a 'personnel guy'...

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The moves seem to indicate the Rockets are now 100% catering to Harden
    and not Westbrook.

They tried to make them work last year
    The moves to help Westbrook hurt the overall team

Rocket River

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trying to force your way off a team that has made you it's franchise cornerstone, to go play with your friends, even though you have two years on your contract, will do that. Funny.

In all seriousness, .last of my Rockets fans don't like him because they say he forces ticky tack foul calls and they hate that. In all honesty, he does. I'm just glad he does it for my team.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've reversed course on this. I think he'll be here for a while longer - this whole season, in fact. I bet Westbrook will be here as well.

Initially I thought it was a forgone conclusion that they were both dealt before the season, but looks like I was wrong, and I think that's for the better.

YaoMing#1, jim1961 and RocketRed84 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Nets seemed to have committed to Kyrie for the foreseeable future until a bigger injury.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao. Jordan didn't have to, he was severely underpaid even for that era's standard. The same with Scottie.

First of all, his rookie contract came close to 7 years, 2-4 millions a year.

Only when he was around 33 he got paid 30+ a year.

You could have paid him 30 mill for playing elite Defense alone.

https://hoopshype.com/player/michael-jordan/salary/

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So for a few weeks into the season then?

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think you're looking at things through feces-colored glasses. Dwight the Hawk, Dwight the Hornet, and Dwight the Wizard definitely weren't beloved. Once he landed on LeBron's team, the media got on board. And even then, they waited to see if he was going to finally be a good teammate.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Should be 5x 1st Team All-NBA.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.