1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Sep 8, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yep that is what I am hoping for. That was one thread leftover from Rebels that needs to be tied up. It’s looking more and more like Disney will tie this series together with Rebels which is great. Speaking of which if we saw Bo Katan will we see Sabine Wren?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

His name is groogrux

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ahsoka can call him whatever she wants, his birth name was Kakarot

Jontro likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm ready for a Grogu - Groot buddy cop show.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

ashoka is mexican?

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

OH MY FAWKING GOD. FAWK.

This was the best piece of Star Wars since at least Episode 3 and it gave me goosebumps at the end.

The atmosphere after Ahsoka arrives is just so overwhelming, this truly felt like the first proper use of the force and Jedi lore since the prequels.

And then near the end, she asks for f***ing
    mutgaf*** Thrawn!
    and sends Mando to f***ing
    TYTHON
    !

Oh Jesus, this episode and the set-up alone makes me want to make vicious love to Dave Filoni for making Star Wars fans fap around the globe, this episode and the way the Mandalorian is going make me forget about the Sequel massacre if they don't butcher it.

Disney, give this man all the f***in money he wants and give him control over the entirety of Star Wars movies&shows.

F***.

K mf G, TWS1986, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

E1968D20-0BA5-4356-82E6-6D63595CDEFB.gif

Yeah I thought it was pretty amazing myself.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you liked that episode you should really see it in OLED. I kid!

mrm32, Yung-T and TWS1986 like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Disney should green light a series of films around Ahsoka and a recast young version of Luke, Leia, and Han in order to completely retcon the garbage they released as episodes 7, 8, and 9.

Just give them a second chance at it. If they do a good job, people will forget the awful films they made, saving the IP

K mf G likes this.
  12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Grogu!!! Loved it.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau take a bow. Just incredible what they are doing on Mandalorian. Chapter 13 was amazing. And it really sets up the stakes to get much larger.

The Star Wars universe has so much potential on Disney+ now. Feels like anything is possible.

Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau should oversee all things Star Wars from here on out. They "get it."

Also, "fan service" is not a bad thing. Serve the fan. Look what happens.

Yung-T, mikol13 and TWS1986 like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Also, Baby Yoda's real name did not hit me right. I think they should have workshopped that a little more. Feels too "heavy." Need a more fun whimsical name.

TWS1986 likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is why I was so mad at Rian Jonson.
    I know that movies are subjective, but after criticism got loud, the guy literally said things like “I think approaching any creative process with [making fandoms happy] would be a mistake that would lead to probably the exact opposite result,” and that he intentionally doesn't want to make a movie that everyone likes, so he was happy with receiving backlash.

This guy straight up doesn't understand the appeal of Star Wars and what makes the audience happy, no one with that mindset should helm another movie in this franchise.

mikol13 and Deuce like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are a Fanboy.........LOL.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

One of my friends actually died watching this, as the infinite contrast&perfect blacks of the LG CX made the picture so crisp the lightsabers ended up jumping through the screen and decapitating him.

mrm32, Ziggy and mikol13 like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just having an actual plan for where you want to go is a step in the right direction. The Mandalorian has gotten a lot of criticism for how many "side mission" style episodes they've had, but they are paying a lot of that stuff off....they seemingly did things for a reason and it looks like it's starting to come together.

If you look at episodes 7, 8, and 9, it was a directionless cluster....well you know.

Comparing what they seem to be doing with the Mandalorian to what was done with episodes 7, 8, and 9 is like comparing the MCU to the DC mistake.

Deuce likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is incomprehensible to me that Series 7-9 did not have a solid plot line. Whatever it had was like VERY loose rules.

Series 7-9 Rules
    1) Rey must live
    2) Fit in Luke, Leia, Solo, Chebacca, C3PO, R2 to some degree.
    That's the plot! Now, build your story around that.

Just not good enough, obviously.

For the record, I liked EP7 a lot. Was not a fan of EP8. EP9 was a bit overstuffed (due to correcting EP8) but I liked the ending and in general the movie.

TWS1986 likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was least critical of 7, because they could have built on that and made the things I didn't like about it end up making sense and eventually ending up awesome.....that didn't happen though, so now I judge it much more harshly.

Episode 8 was the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of the world, and episode 9 should have never even happened.

Once Rian Johnson destroyed the whole thing, it should have been scrapped and rebooted as if it never happened....or better yet, they should have seen what he was planning on doing and fired him immediately and started over with a new director and a new script.

I still support eliminating episodes 7-9 entirely and removing them from canon and trying again with a different story.