1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans release Kenny Stills

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaBeard, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can only do that if there's someone willing to give something up for him. No one was. He was set to be cut from the Dolphins before we traded for him, he has basically no value around the league.

I mean, that's the past though. There's nothing we can do about BOB being an idiot. We weren't bringing him back, and there's an outside chance someone claims him which would give us an extra 2 mil cap space next season if it happens. Also, given that the Texans aren't doing anything this season anyway, why get in the way of a larger showcase for younger, cheaper talent?

We'll always be annoyed about BOB's dumb moves as GM, but there's no reason to stick with them to the end of the season when we aren't bringing them back.

Nope, not safe. By all means, keep me on ignore. Fewer threads will be derailed that way.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They are not Trading Tunsil. #1.....The cap hit would be CRAZY. Defeats the purpose. The way you see...is irrelevant. Internet GM's don't matter. Internet GM's don't have all the information.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Duane Brown has missed time since he has been in Seattle. He is also 35. PFF score fluctuate.

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

You’re an idiot who deflects instead of engaging in intelligent discussion. Your opinion is irrelevant. I’m done with discourse with you. Have fun in your lonely world.

Sooty and the11mingdynasty like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Internet GM gets mad. Your idea is not based in reality. A player is not renegotiating a contract he hasnt even started earning from..lol. Tunsil wants to see where the Texans are going before he would add years. Tunsil is also going to want more money to do the Texans a solid. Team friendly deals? Not today's athlete.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This team isn’t good enough to give away decent players.

red5rocket, JamesC and Fulgore like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They aren't good enough to care about players they don't plan on having back on the team next season.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

never understood why they never used him

Fulgore likes this.
  9. showa13

showa13 Member

I like Stills a lot. I like him as a player and as a person. The problem is

-Fuller is faster and a better deep threat
    -Cooks is a better route runner/deep threat
    -Cobb is a better slot WR
    -Coutee is also a better slot WR and more dynamic
    -Akins/Fells work better in 4 out or empty sets

The saddest thing is if you break the trade down to 2 1sts for Tunsil and a 2nd for Stills, Stills technically costs the Texans more than Nuk costs the Cardinals(David Johnson is negative value)

3Rings and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

11. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Crap I forgot we had a rookie wr. I hope he gets some playing time now so we can see what he has

red5rocket likes this.
  12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This. I believe decision was made to get Coulter some run to see what we've got. Stills had talent, but really wasn't able to get involved much this year. His activism may have become his passion and football was just a job, if so that may be why no one was interested. I still remember that catch he made against NO last year, when I thought it was the game winner. Dude has some juice when he was focused.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe. But yesterday would have been a good time to try that out with both Cobb and Stills unavailable. Somehow Coulter was inactive.

I dont think it was Stills lack of focus to the game that led to his less usage. He was stuck behind Hopkins, Fuller, and Fells/Akins last year. I think if Fuller got injured this year, we would have really seen him used more. I remember the regular season game against the Chiefs last year. Deshaun saw an opening and called a play to throw it to Fuller; Will dropped it in the end zone. THE VERY NEXT PLAY, they ran the same play for Stills. Kenny didn't drop it. Touchdown. Cooks and Fuller have been reliable (to a certain degree) so there hasn't been a need for him as much this year.

This offense is going to need to be desperately creative if Fuller gets injured now.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Coulter didn't play because of short week...the Texans went with Extra TEs. I expect Coulter to play this upcoming week.

red5rocket likes this.
  16. Major

Major Member

I think you already know the answer to that.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No shock to anyone, he went unclaimed on waivers.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kenneth?
    Kenneth...?
    Are you still in town Kenneth?

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I like Stills and all, but he hardly replaced Fuller last year. We're probably at a point where you just need warm bodies out there running routes, but in a lost season, find out if Coulter has something or if you can use all these TEs more.